JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It isn't very high speed-low drag but it fits my style and needs. Just got back from a 1 1/2 week traditional muzzleloader deer/elk/bear/mtn lion hunt and this knife earned it's keep!

idw1.jpg

In addition here is my EDC knife...a Limited Edition Benchmade Griptillian with factory laser etched OFA logo.

lb.jpg

I don't have many earthly possessions, nor have the interest to possess much, but what I do own I try to get the very best I can afford (which isn't much!)

I used to carry a CRKT M16-00F (tanto blade, carbon fiber handle) for a good 6 years until I moved here - lost it the first time I rode the MAX.

Recently I purchased it's replacement, a CRKT M16-13T (drop point blade, half serrated, titanium handles). It's significantly bigger than my last, but I no longer have to snap my wrist to get this one open thanks to the thumb assist. I still miss my old one though...

This is my small collection.

Auto knives are my favorite and all I buy now, but I have flip-opens, a interesting Rollock, a couple thumb openers and a couple of straights.

Left to Right:
California Knives (only 'auto' knife legal in California)
CRKT Rollock (Discontinued, and I've never seen another like it)
S & W Auto S.W.A.T. (First Millenium Run)
ProTech PR2 (my favorite)
Benchmade Auto (one of the best made)
Cheap Chinese Center Auto (actually the mechanics are well made)
S & W H.R.T.
Golden Elephant Auto
Kershaw 1660ST Flip Open
USA Super Knife
J.A. Henckels-Germany (Brought here by my Father-in-Law > WW2)
Craftman Thumb Opener
NW International Made for USCG (Thumb Opener)

This is my favorite:

This is my daily carrier. A great little Benchmade Auto

Frog.

a quick snap of some daily carry folders i have on hand.

i found the gerber on top at the bottom of a bin full of knives at a pawn shop. bin was marked $10. it is a pre fiskars portland marked. i have no idea of the value, but it was unused and still had the factory edge, i think i did okay.

the blue case copperlock i bought yesterday at sportsmans. it was on clearance at $25.

the benchmade 556 griptillian i bought at the factory last year.

and an old kershaw. i broke the tip off the blade. reshaped and resharpened it. made it too short for the blade to engage the lock, so i removed it. the benchmade replaced it as my daily work knife, so it has benn retired to mail opening duty.

Em-zackly Mr. Frog. Auto knives are legal for police and active military up here, the wierdness of Washington's arms laws cannot me measured.
I believe it's also legal to own auto knives here but you can't carry them. They have to carry themselves.

Of course everything you see in my pictures are airsoft replicas including the knives. :s0131:

Self-posessed, airsoft anti-zombie knives, that's the ticket!

Here's one of my faves, the Microtech CFO-II 154cm blade, I ran across the pic earlier today, this is one of 10 with HP blade, from about 2004.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top