JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just finished putting this puppy together; been gathering pieces / parts for a bit now, and it finally came together. Actually, I still need to replace the grip with a correct-for-the-period one. I'll be getting that in a couple of weeks (next gun show).

View attachment 1311457

Love the Retros! Here's my ( Colt 607) CAR-16 commando frankinCAR
A-2 Match upper, Radin charging handle, and Socom barrel, standard lower with early no finger bump pistol grip and ultra rare stock!

PXL_20210327_035714164.jpg

OK, so I dug her out from waaaaaay back in the safe for ya, @Hooyah DeepSea...

She's a Colt A2 Sporter II, A1 upper w/teardrop FA, no brass deflector, A1 slabside lower, and the barrel has been cut down to 10½" and fitted w/peened 6-port, 5½" moderator. Stock, grip, trigger guard, and handguard have been replaced with more modern furniture than the original (stock=PSA, all else=Magpul). The pivot pin (originally fitted w/screw pin) has been replaced with a QR pin, and the hammer and trigger springs have been replaced with red ones. S/N of SP31XXXX places her earlier than 1985, so she's a pre-ban beauty.

I got her from my brother, and he bought her NIB, so she's the oldest AR-pattern rifle I have, out of many. This is the same rifle that we used to use in that old farmer's field BITD to shoot groundchunks that would dig holes in his cow pasture. Then his cows would step in the holes and break their legs, so then he had to shoot them and slaughter them before they were really beefed up and finished. So he paid me and my brother $1 for each groundchunk tail we'd bring him at the end of a day's shooting. That old man kept us in beer and ammo for years... :s0140:

1668406744173.jpeg

Ever since that unfortunate boating accident a few years ago in which her bumpstock was tragically lost, she's been living in the back of the safe. That was fun, that cackling laugh that used to emanate from me when we'd dump a mag in about 3 seconds, back when ammo was cheap...

Last Edited:
Freakin youngsters . . .

Officially called a Cayuse, (Army helos are all named after Native American tribes) the OH-6 helicopter, commonly called a 'Loach' was used primarily for light observation and scouting missions.

Last Edited:
Freakin youngsters . . .
I wouldn't call 63 (tomorrow! :s0115: ) a "freaking youngster", although I'm obviously younger than by a few years, since I wasn't old enough to serve in Vietnam at the time it was goin' on...
Officially called a Cayuse, (military helos are all named after Native American tribes) the OH-6 helicopter, commonly called a 'Loach' was used primarily for light observation and scouting missions.
I am aware that all US Army helos are named after Native American tribes. I'm pretty sure that does not universally apply across the entire US military apparatus. Consider, say, the US Navy's helos...

Last Edited:
I've only got you by 3 years in age, but I did 20 in the Navy, so real familiar with mil-stuff.
Been around mil-stuff almost my entire life, all over the world. Plus read about it like it was goin' outta style. So, while not "real familiar", I can hold my own...
No sense measuring dicks, here, yunno... :s0140: Can we get back to talking about XM-177s?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top