JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also got this, took the folding brace off in favor of a sling for now, took it to the range to test fire, I'm loving it, red dot at 7yds is pretty close, I'll sight it in later (if inside the house, it will be on target within an inch).

The wife loved it, then I told her it's the same as an AR15, and I just asked my store to order her, her first AR15 as she got excited when I told her the AR15 rifle she could shoulder...

Happy Early Christmas Wife...

View attachment 1311392
Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

Also got this, took the folding brace off in favor of a sling for now, took it to the range to test fire, I'm loving it, red dot at 7yds is pretty close, I'll sight it in later (if inside the house, it will be on target within an inch).

The wife loved it, then I told her it's the same as an AR15, and I just asked my store to order her, her first AR15 as she got excited when I told her the AR15 rifle she could shoulder...

View attachment 1311392
The fireball coming from the barrel was impressive! Was nice to meet you!

View attachment 1311392
So, exactly what is that? Looks like an AR-pattern, but no buffer toob. Can we see the other side? Or just tell us what it is? Cuz now I want one... or two...

So, exactly what is that? Looks like an AR-pattern, but no buffer toob. Can we see the other side? Or just tell us what it is? Cuz now I want one... or two...
That is the PSA JAKL in 556.

I was going to wait till they had it in 300BO but with 114, I had to get it now and then wait for the 300BO upper to come out..

Piston drive, AR, designed to fit an AR15 lower...

Screenshot_20221111-174326_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20221111-174000_Chrome.jpg

The fireball coming from the barrel was impressive! Was nice to meet you!
Got a little pistol AR with 8.5" barrel and linear comp, it really puts out impressive fireballs...

My wife tried it at an indoor range when we first started dating. The fireballs she did not like, even with the linear comp that projected it all forward...

That's why she was hesitant to try the JAKL, she then got a little carried away...

So I'm going to get her, her own AR15 now... 16" barrel...

Last Edited:
Just finished putting this puppy together; been gathering pieces / parts for a bit now, and it finally came together. Actually, I still need to replace the grip with a correct-for-the-period one. I'll be getting that in a couple of weeks (next gun show).

IMG_20221113_141045598.jpg

Just finished putting this puppy together; been gathering pieces / parts for a bit now, and it finally came together. Actually, I still need to replace the grip with a correct-for-the-period one. I'll be getting that in a couple of weeks (next gun show).

View attachment 1311457
Looks to me to be an XM-177 Colt Commando...

An XM177E1 to be specific. The best I could do was an SP1 upper, but the majority of the remainder is fairly period correct; or as they say, "close enough for Government work."
I have a Colt Sporter II that looks really quite similar to that XM-177 of your'n. I'll see if I can dig up a pic. Or just take a new one...

ETA: Looks like I'ma gonna hafta go dig it out of the safe to get a pic. I'll do it after I fix n' eat my lamb choppers fo' dinna...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews