JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thort you guys might need a laff at my expense, so here's something you'll never see in the US of A. It's a ZK Skorpion 'rifle' in .22LR -

upload_2017-12-31_16-4-53.png

The moderator is not a moderator, it's a sleeve that goes over the full-length 12" to make it into a 'rifle'... It was quite accurate, considering - I put all twenty rounds on a 12" target at 100m. Surprised the heck out of me, I tell ya'.

tac

I got the last couple pieces in the mail today(bayonet, mag tube plug, and rear strap swivel screws)and did the mock up... I decided to go with a "battle worn" finish. A few finishing touches and a little forced patina on the parts that look too new, and I'll be able to scratch a grail gun off the top of my list!
He's a crappy sneak peak pic of the mock up...

View attachment 417088

I'll post more detailed pics when I'm finished. View attachment 417137
Nice job,
Looks like something out of Warhorse or The Lighthorsemen.

Can't remember if I shared this already, but these are a couple of the Christmas presents I have my wife. A Purple Ruger LC9S and an AR I built from scratch. It started as a MagTech unfinished Magnesium lower and an AR Stoner lower parts kits, Anderson upper receiver. Finished off with Magpul Pink furniture and dyed Magpul Sand Mags.

BA70554F-8FE2-45C5-989A-7E3A716C9F57.jpeg

I got the last couple pieces in the mail today(bayonet, mag tube plug, and rear strap swivel screws)and did the mock up... I decided to go with a "battle worn" finish. A few finishing touches and a little forced patina on the parts that look too new, and I'll be able to scratch a grail gun off the top of my list!
He's a crappy sneak peak pic of the mock up...

View attachment 417088

I'll post more detailed pics when I'm finished. View attachment 417137

Love the project. I was fortunate enough some years back to run across a real one for a good price. I think I saved it from being turned into a duck gun :eek:
It's in pretty nice condition all things considered.
Here's my crappy picture:
DSCF7123s.jpg DSCF7125.JPG

Love the project. I was fortunate enough some years back to run across a real one for a good price. I think I saved it from being turned into a duck gun :eek:
It's in pretty nice condition all things considered.
Here's my crappy picture:
View attachment 418441 View attachment 418442
That's funny.. I just bought a really nice 40's Model 12 "heavy duck" that was about to become a trench gun.
... Ya, I chopped the '97...but it was missing a few parts, the barrel wasn't original, and sombody named C.H. Davis stamped his name across the back of the receiver, so I was able to rationalize cutting on a JMBrowning designed classic. At this point I'm doing it a service and giving new life to a gun that would likely have been banished to a closet somewhere never to be seen or shot again...

IMG_3819.JPG IMG_3823.JPG

I'm in the middle at 10 months on this one. I went in to my LGS for "visitation" a couple of weeks ago...
View attachment 410581
It's official! No more visitation! I got full custody! Today, I brought my baby home for good...
Stats, for anyone who's interested:
Ordered: March 13, 2017
Arrived FFL: July 7, 2017
BATF approval: December 28, 2017
Possession: January 8, 2018
I am so damned happy right about now...
T1BSB.08.JPG

Last Edited:
Oh, I eschewed the drum and the forward pistol grip on purpose. I wanted a replica of the version of WWII fame, not that which was popularized by gangstas... :)

Last Edited:
I had a 1927A1 semi auto. 16" barrel, vertical fore grip. Just wrong. Never satisfied the itch. Gave it as a Christmas gift to the son of the friend I bought it from. You have what I need to add to my incomplete attempt to collect a sample of every small arm used by US Marines post 1900. Good on ya! I think I have a (maybe faulty) memory of a picture of Vinegar Joe Stillwell cleaning his Thompson in Burma or thereabouts. I remember a drum magazine in the photo but haven't been able to find it. I did find a picture of him cleaning his Thompson but not the one I remember. I think the drums did find some military use (perhaps more with the Brits) but would have been more troublesome compared to the 20s and 30s. Damn shame the gangsters corrupted the image of the "trench broom".

Good catch! Enjoy!

Yes, you're correct. From my study of it, the Brits made more use of the drum than our grunts and jarheads did. And it truly is despicable that a group of gangsters made infamous what BG John T. Thompson invented to save the lives of our men in uniform and law enforcement...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top