JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
2FC7E5DC-38CE-42C8-AAF2-90F6EB403D84.png D90DE0CF-32C1-493D-B435-A85B22DAA71F.jpeg

I used to race both FF in scca and cascade and bikes with omrra but i just track day now as i run my own business and cant afford to get hurt so now its just for fun. I picked up a supermoto and im going to try out the mac track this year. 9CDD3950-DFB3-4B2E-AFAF-03BC26804EB0.jpeg

Gonna be taking some of my Toyota money to get into firearms and shooting.

My 02 Tacoma out in the snow a couple weeks back, my current 97 4Runner a $500 derelict I'm bringing back to life, and a 98 4Runner that's just about ready to be sold.

IMG_20200119_124254.jpg IMG_20200201_140512.jpg IMG_20200128_145003.jpg

Bringings tears to my eyes. Bought a new International Scout in 1979, color like in the picture. Picked it up in New Jersey, drove the family around to historical sites about the Revolution as the kids were going back to school taking US History. Took it to Panama where I was working, ran it around in the jungle, was a great 4 wheel drive. Better then Jimmys and Fords, they were to wide and big.The problem was it started to rust badly, :eek::eek:even though I had it rust proofed in the states. Learned later that was the last year of production, the workers were on strike. Didn't know it at the time, being O'seas when I ordered it. Last I saw of it was going strong, patches with lot of metal strops welded on and braces. Loved that truck, was good in the jungle, following WW2 jeep trails or just 4 wheelin, want to cry, ha,ha..Fond memories, thanks...;);)

Besides guns and shooting (obviously), I love rock, ice, and alpine climbing and mountaineering; cooking, fine dining/eating, and drinking; hiking, backpacking, and some fishing; and a host of other "adventure sports" that I never seem to have enough time to enjoy regularly, a few of which are shown here.

Sobo-OuterSpace_09-1990.jpg

Snipes 003.jpg

Pizza toss Master.02.jpg

IMG_1070.JPG

Salmon fishing Oct 90.03.jpg

Dry tooling.jpg

Union Creek Falls.jpg

nikon 06012010 DirtySanchez 015 small.JPG

DSCN1520.JPG

DSCN1597.JPG

G0060041.JPG

AJHB_AJHN_2013_12_21_C2018_1661.jpg

Yours Truly on the right...
GOPR0117.JPG

Sobo_Boxcar_Deschutes.JPG

IMG_1173.JPG

IMG_1359.JPG
And for my parting shot, three pics from our "Half Dome Adventure" in Yosemite National Park, in the middle of the Ferguson Fire of July-August 2018.
Half Dome_tippy top.JPG
Half Dome_shirt.jpg
Milo forgot the team shirt in his luggage, so we stuck him in the back of the post-summit celebration photo. Dufus... :rolleyes:
Half Dome_team celebration.jpg
That oughta do it... for now.

Last Edited:
Besides Airplanes, ( real and Models) I got a thing for scale model Tugs. I have been avoiding Warships as I find them tedious and time consuming, especially with the potential of thousands of parts, BUT, I decided to take the leap out of my comfort zone and am starting my first Man-O-War, and not just any one, but THE ship my Uncle served on from October 1940 through September 1947, the one and only BB-40, the Mighty New Mexico! And, I decided that because there are no "Kits" I would be free to build in a size and complexity I can deal with, it's going to be roughly 1/70th scale, approximately 7 feet long!
i3umlyj8cye41.jpg
I have already started the hull, as I have a metric ton of fiberglass and foamular, and I have done the lofting drawings of the hull formers, so it's just a matter of lofting to scale and printing for cutting templates and then going nuts with the build! I'm going to do it up in the late war configuration after all the upgrades that she had done ( the early lattice masts would be pure hell to model) and with the 3D printer, it should be doable, and turn out really nice!
I hope to be able to have this done right and displayed in a place of honor in a nice hardwood and glass case on the mantel in my ranch house in Co, along with the scrap books and ships notes and his personal effects from his time aboard her during the war!

Don't know about that, as good as my ABS prints are, they are only good down to a certain size before you need to be printing in epoxy, and i'm not investing in one of those printers until the costs come down a bunch!

Fair 'nuff, amigo. :) We're talking 200' ships in 1/1000 scale, and by "conversion kit" I had been meaning "entire hull with no masts"--think I posted pics a few dozen pages back.

The real nightmare is gonna be turning drawings that were old even when our country was young into 3d models... though I have pretty good scans to start from.

EDIT: Also, you might look to the Pennsylvania-class BB's as your start point for New Mexico, the biggest engineering change was grafting on a clipper bow. The Tennessees were an improved version worth a look too; since we never got them in 1/1800 Axis & Allies WWII miniatures I just used extras of Tennessee/California for the New Mexicos.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads