JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They are responsible for possibly the biggest cyber attack in our history and we don't have an idea how bad it is yet.
To some this is considered an act of war.
Should we continue sending them money by purchasing their ammo?

Discuss

If they aren't using slave labor like the Chinese then I won't boycott them until such time as they physically attack us. I am sure we are trying to penetrate their systems too. All the more ammo in case they do attack.

I think it's more likely that China is the hacking culprit. They've never been shy about their end gun.

Also, good reading:

But I like Russky guns and ammo, so either way I'm not going to boycott it.

What's with the hard-on against Russia?

It's a distraction from the truth, which is that China is the one really calling the shots.

Why would media keep saying "Russia" and be totally silent on China?

Where did that virus come from that's wreaking havoc on the world? Shush, don't say anything the media wouldn't say!

Where did the previous viruses come from that also threatened to wreak havoc on the world?

Russia is "bu shi dong xi" as the Chinese would say:mad:

Because Russia has been launching cyber attacks on us for years. If China was clever enough to do this and make it look like the Russians than that's another story, but historically Russia has been the culprit in cyber attacks on the USA.

Because Russia has been launching cyber attacks on us for years. If China was clever enough to do this and make it look like the Russians than that's another story, but historically Russia has been the culprit in cyber attacks on the USA.

China has been doing it too, and doing it for years, and not just for national security - they have been doing it for commercial reasons.

Not saying Russia doesn't do it too.

China has been doing it too, and doing it for years, and not just for national security - they have been doing it for commercial reasons.

Not saying Russia doesn't do it too.

Yes China and Iran too, but at this time, it appears that Russia has launched this attack, which supposedly is the worst we've ever experienced.

China is a far larger threat to the USA than Russia.

China has the will, the means, the power to truly cause harm to the USA.

Again, look at what the media does. China is in their back-pockets. China influences our markets, controls the NBA and Hollywood. Why do you think it's always "Russia"??

I seriously don't get why people only talk about Russia. China has actual concentration camps. China has actual censorship of its citizens. China has actual organ harvesting. China has enough CCTV cameras to watch every one of it's citizens. China has launched several viruses into the world in the last 20 years. China develops software to control people. China develops AI to track people. China is a racist, xenophobic country that doesn't allow immigration. Heck, if I wanted to emigrate to Russia, I could. There's no chance for that to occur with China because they want to keep their people as ethically pure as possible (all Han). Why isn't anyone raising the alarms about that? How about the fact that China makes nearly all of the Fentanyl sent to the USA?

OOOH but forget all that, there's a bunch of drunk white guys trying to swizzle us!

BTW, don't get me wrong. I hate dirty Russians more than anybody, had some dirty Russians hack my credit card a few years ago. But, again, think about why the media NEVER says a bad thing about China, why many politicians don't say anything about China. Why does everyone say "Russia" all the time?

As far as cyber attacks go, why should a cyber attack be so damaging? What happened in the days before "cyber"?

I work for a municipality, maintaining ITS communications. We typically used only USA-made Garrettcom ethernet switches in our networks, until recently some guy decided we should begin to start using Cisco ethernet switches. I saw "Made in China" labels on them before we deployed them, and I warned those guys about using secure network devices that are made in a Communist country. That entire Cisco node is constantly being compromised by DoS attacks.....while our USA made equipment is rarely ever brought down.
Equipment Made in China is totally exposed to Chinese hackers because the factories that build this gear knows all of the "back door" tricks to the physical topology within the gear.
For Russia to be so competent at hacking US tech would take at least some level of cooperation/data sharing from people who know the equipment very well, like the Chinese.

Last Edited:
I wonder if this Russian hacker story is just a distraction?

Did you guys read what's in the COVID relief bill Congress just passed? $1.4trillion in "pork"?
Even AOC and Ted Cruz agreed on bashing it.
$10 million for gender studies in Pakistan.
Hundreds of millions to other countries.
$1 billion to the Smithsonian.
Oh, and a $600 check to some of us (not me).

In another thread here that I just read there is a special session going in in Salem that is illegally closed to the public but has Chinese officials supposedly attending, nothing to see here-move along please.

Excellent points.
So how do we find a way to stop funding China?
I just hate the idea of having my money go to people/countries who are bubbleguming with us, who are trying to bring us down. Russia has been attacking us with Kompromat and cyber attacks, China has been buying our politicians and stealing our technology and Iran just wants to nuke us. Finding stuff in our stores without a Chinese fingerprint on it is increasingly difficult.

Excellent points.
I just hate the idea of having my money go to people/countries who are bubbleguming with us, who are trying to bring us down. Russia has been attacking us with Kompromat and cyber attacks, China has been buying our politicians and stealing our technology and Iran just wants to nuke us. Finding stuff in our stores without a Chinese fingerprint on it is increasingly difficult.
I don't think this country has another red scare left in it, and we love buying stuff cheap.

Also, our population is too busy bickering internally, trying in vain to get their kids to stop dicking around on the computer and do their online homework, worrying about which iphone to buy, posting selfies, and buying weed with their OnlyFans money to care what other countries are doing except as it applies to our own 24-hour news cycle.

Last Edited:
Excellent points.

It's becoming easier to find stuff no longer made in China. It has become more expensive to make things in China, and to a smaller extent, many companies have pulled out of China due to the increasing Communist belligerence from Xi JinPing. There's still a lot made in China, but from my approximation maybe 25% of things have moved out of China within the last 2 years.
My Samsung earbuds are made in Vietnam, my Motorola phone made in India, many Christmas lights for 2020 season were made in S.E. Asian countries like Vietnam and Indonesia this year.

The real issue will be with media, wokesters and influencers trying to call people "racist" whenever they talk down on Chinese Communism. I'm pretty sure if COVID-19 came from Russia you wouldn't have seen everyone falling all over themselves to claim racism if people began calling it "Russia Virus".

Good example of the poison of Communism is in the new Top Gun movie. Because it is funded by Communist Chinese (every company that is from China is related to CCP) they insisted that the Taiwanese and Japanese flags be removed from Tom Cruise's jacket, and they also had the "9-dash line" added to certain scenes. Google it.

I will always carry a bias against Russians as I'm a Cold War Kid, but I don't have a problem with them over the SolarWinds exploit. It's on par with a game we've been playing for years. Anyone remember Stuxnet?

Honestly, the filthy urchins played this one very well. Good on them. Time for us to smarten up.

It's becoming easier to find stuff no longer made in China. It has become more expensive to make things in China, and to a smaller extent, many companies have pulled out of China due to the increasing Communist belligerence from Xi JinPing. There's still a lot made in China, but from my approximation maybe 25% of things have moved out of China within the last 2 years.
My Samsung earbuds are made in Vietnam, my Motorola phone made in India, many Christmas lights for 2020 season were made in S.E. Asian countries like Vietnam and Indonesia this year.

The real issue will be with media, wokesters and influencers trying to call people "racist" whenever they talk down on Chinese Communism. I'm pretty sure if COVID-19 came from Russia you wouldn't have seen everyone falling all over themselves to claim racism if people began calling it "Russia Virus".

Good example of the poison of Communism is in the new Top Gun movie. Because it is funded by Communist Chinese (every company that is from China is related to CCP) they insisted that the Taiwanese and Japanese flags be removed from Tom Cruise's jacket, and they also had the "9-dash line" added to certain scenes. Google it.
Well. I can certainly understand China's anger with Japan. They will never forgive what Japan did to them in WWII.
I'm surprised that they can't CGI in whatever flags the country viewing the movie wants. Saudi flags , Danish, Trinidad and Tobago That would seem to be smart marketing as long as the stars and stripes are there and on top.

Anyway it will take more diligence (and money) to avoid buying products made in China. but I shall try nonetheless.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top