JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
when the Russian supply centers went to issue the winter uniforms, they found across the country, 1.5 million winter kits, that's $300 M in gear, are missing
the outstanding theory is that they were requested, but never produced and someone pocketed the $300 Million
with temps in Ukraine dropping below freezing, Russian conscripts in the trenches are going to have a very uncomfortable time

And this is a surprise; how? I remember reading all about the theft of items from Military supply depots and armories.... often items ending up in surplus shops one way or other... and some items (weaponry and ammunition) ending in gang member hands (usually cartels).. then there's the whole thing surrounding what would inspire War Dogs movie and Lord of War movie.... it's not just the old world.. it's everywhere that have large militaries and large spending budgets for militaries... and corrupt people everywhere.

And this is a surprise; how? I remember reading all about the theft of items from Military supply depots and armories.... often items ending up in surplus shops one way or other... and some items (weaponry and ammunition) ending in gang member hands (usually cartels).. then there's the whole thing surrounding what would inspire War Dogs movie and Lord of War movie.... it's not just the old world.. it's everywhere that have large militaries and large spending budgets for militaries... and corrupt people everywhere.
I just ordered a Ukrainian waterproof battle jacket from a site on Esty
you can order any Russian battle kit you want on that site, used or new
the new Russian conscripts complained there were not issued body armor, yet you and I can order them on line

I would feel comfortable wearing a Ukrainian field jacket in a local bar, not so a Russian battledress, to many Ukrainians in Clark County

there are 82,000 new Russian conscripts in Ukraine without winter uniforms
I spent 3 years in the Military in Germany and 2 in Colorado, sometime at -20 deg
I was never without the proper clothing for the weather
still have my winter face mask ,shooting gloves and snow boots from Colorado
we thought it was warm there when it got up to "0" deg back in '74

on a side note, when I built my AR 15s, I would put each one in our chest freezer with loaded clips for 24 hrs at "0" deg, then take them out and shoot them
at least I know my AR, AK, Garands, Mosins, Remington 700 and Mauser will work down at that temperature

I have long heard the corruption in places like Russia makes some of our stuff look tame. Of course the one BIG difference with countries like that is risk. Getting caught often means VERY harsh consequences. Lot of people there seem to fall out open windows :s0140:

Hahahahahahah, it is so corrupt over there lololol.

FfaYxGoXwAAjj0k.jpg

not only do the Russian conscripts not have winter uniforms, they are not being given sufficient food
a soldier needs 3000 calories a day to stay combat effective in cold weather - at least that's what I got back in the day
it's believed the Russian commanders are selling off the field rations sent for the troops

from ISW:
Mobilized personnel from Serpukhov, Moscow Oblast, claimed on November 23 that the Russian military command sent them into battle without proper training, uniforms, or protective gear, leading them to suffer mass casualties. These personnel also claimed that command only feeds the mobilized personnel once a day despite having enough food to provide more meals. A Russian source reported that the Serpukhov mobilized personnel now face a military tribunal for desertion, but the men later released a second video denying that they are deserters and stating they are willing to serve on the second and third lines of defense rather than the front line

not only do the Russian conscripts not have winter uniforms, they are not being given sufficient food
a soldier needs 3000 calories a day to stay combat effective in cold weather - at least that's what I got back in the day
it's believed the Russian commanders are selling off the field rations sent for the troops

from ISW:
Mobilized personnel from Serpukhov, Moscow Oblast, claimed on November 23 that the Russian military command sent them into battle without proper training, uniforms, or protective gear, leading them to suffer mass casualties. These personnel also claimed that command only feeds the mobilized personnel once a day despite having enough food to provide more meals. A Russian source reported that the Serpukhov mobilized personnel now face a military tribunal for desertion, but the men later released a second video denying that they are deserters and stating they are willing to serve on the second and third lines of defense rather than the front line
the US Army standard today is 4500 calories a day
how can a soldier fight in Ukraine on just one meal a day without winter uniforms?

the temps in Ukraine will drop below freezing tonight and stay there for a while
the Russians should have leaned from their experience in the 1939 Winter War, they had thousands freeze to death in Finn Winter
the Ukrainians have new NATO winter uniforms and warming stations behind the lines
they rotate their troops off the front line for warming and food on a regular basis, as the Finns did

there was a situation during the Finn Winter War I always liked
during one of the Russian attacks, they broke through the Finn lines, the Finns fell back to secondary positions
then - the Russian troops ran into the Finn warming and food stations - they were cold and starving
the entire attack stopped as the Russians warmed themselves and feasted on Finn sausages
their officers couldn't get them to move forward, even after they shot a couple of their own soldiers
that night, the Finns counterattacked, catching the Russians out in the open around the warming stations
the Russian attack collapsed in that sector and the Russian were driven back to their original positions
this is the winter of 2022 and the Russians still haven't learned

Gotta love old world corruption.

1.5 million of anything is hard to steal. My bet is their in a different warehouse somewhere unknown to the units supply officer.

During the LA riots of 92, Guardsman went on patrol with x2 30 rd mags because the ammo supply was relocated to Camp Roberts, unbeknownst to the higher ups for the 40th Infantry Division. They had to fly it in via C130 back to Los Angeles. True story.

1.5 million of anything is hard to steal. My bet is their in a different warehouse somewhere unknown to the units supply officer.

During the LA riots of 92, Guardsman went on patrol with x2 30 rd mags because the ammo supply was relocated to Camp Roberts, unbeknownst to the higher ups for the 40th Infantry Division. They had to fly it in via C130 back to Los Angeles. True story.
I'd say they never actually existed. Just a " fulfilled " purchase order and the missing funds.

I'd say they never actually existed. Just a " fulfilled " purchase order and the missing funds.
in 1994, I was an inspector for the US Accusation and Material Management System
I traveled around the US inspecting stored government emergency medical equipment
you would not be surprised how much was on record, but was not at the physical location
I was pressured not to turn in accurate inventories, but just sign off, so I didn't last a year
then Katrina hit in 2005 and NEMA went to withdraw all the reserve emergency equipment and supplies in their inventory - and - IT WASN'T THERE
from 1994 to 2005 and nothing changed

it's not just Russia

I recognize the pattern. It's all the old ACU/UCP camo from the Army. The only thing worth a damn is jackets and the fleece. The modular sleeping bag system suck ( 3 bags) you freeze your azz off in those things.
interesting comment
back in the '70s, I slept in a Army mummy bag, wrapped in a shelter half under 6" of German snow and never felt cold
the same in Colorado at 7000' in sub zero weather
I take it the new equipment is not equal to the old NATO issue from the '60/70s
my son slept in a snow cave in Boy Scouts up at 6000' on Mt Hood in an REI sleeping bag on a ground cloth and he tells me he never felt the cold
he has the Boy Scout Winter Camp Merit badge on his sash to prove it

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads