JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't give half a bubblegum about the bubbleguming classifieds.

There are here to drive web traffic. Every word put in the classifieds is one more word cataloged by web crawlers and in turn, one step up in search results.

Don't expect them to get regionally limited in any way.

Should NWFA classified be limited to the PNW? People from other states just seems like a scam to me.

What are your thoughts
When I was selling some gun I did get a LOT of requests from people in another state. None came through as I told them only way I was going to do it was they find an FFL near me who would work the deal. IE I walk in they hand me the cash. This of course would be pricey. There are other legal ways to do it cheaper I just did not feel like dealing with it. Now no doubt many are willing to jump the hoops needed to sell to someone in another state and do it all according to law. So why not I guess.

While it does seem odd to me...
I can also understand since the for sale listing here may be the only affordable or available option out there.

Or...
Someone may not be getting "bites" where they live...or have some sort of difficult to get / Collectible firearm that needs a wider field to sell.

In any event...
No rule says you have to buy or respond to a classified ad.
Andy

Not everyone lives in cities or can afford the hours or days needed to drive to Portland. Those of you who live in Portland can afford to cut the rest of us out of the market by requiring in person transfers only done in your local ffl. You have a pretty big market just within Portland area residents and those willing and able to drive to Portland and who don't count the hours of driving as part of the cost of the gun.

People who live far from any major cities will normally have to be willing to ship if they wish to sell a gun via NWFA, as do people in other regions. Since I live in Corvallis and don't have time to travel to Portland, I can normally only buy from people in Albany, Corvallis, or Eugene for in person sales. That's such a small market I wouldn't normally bother looking at NWFA classifieds at all for that. What makes it worth while while looking at NWFA classifieds at all is the people who will ship--people in the NW far from Portland or Seattle and people not in the NW region.

@ronin223 ... I note you live in the Portland area. I also note you have been a NWFA member about 15 years but don't support NWFA at all, not by even so much as a bronze membership. Your proposal to eliminate people outside the NW from NWFA classifieds doesn't affect your market at all if you are like most Portland membe rs and sell only in person at a Portland ffl and don't ship. But your proposal to eliminate from the NWFA classifieds a large fraction of those who will ship guns does greatly affect the usefulness of the NWFA classifieds for many of us who don't live in Portland...many of whom do support NWFA.

Should NWFA classified be limited to the PNW? People from other states just seems like a scam to me.

What are your thoughts
If they want to drive four thousand miles round-trip to see for themselves that I have nice ankles (pro tip, always have your feetses in the pic) while simultaneously buying a used varmint call, hey.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews