JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No. Not because I have a problem with bad guys dying but rather that the criminal justice system is too skewed toward convicting people. As an example in the last nine years 44 people on death row have ben exonorated.

I think I have a better solution. People that commit murder should be sent to maximum security prison and have to sit in a cell for 23 hours with no amenities other than food, water, and bathroom facilities. This to me would be worse than death.

What continues to blow my mind is the majority of people who are anti death penalty are hard core abortion supporters.

Hypocrisy at its best! You actually care more about a piece of crap cold blooded murderer who willingly took a life than a innocent life that had no choice in its conception.

For the most heinous crimes I absolutely support the death pently and upon your conviction you deserve no more than the very basic human rights to deliver you in resonable condition to your end.

And to play devil's advocate I'm not completely anti aborition either, I have no problem with someone deciding to abort during the embryonic stage the first 8 weeks, but once you reach the fetus stage, you're committed.

I am opposed to the death penalty.

Because I don't trust the Cops and Prosecutors to get it right.
Today at the Innocence Project: April 29, 2014 : <broken link removed>
That is 316 people who were convicted, twice, and were sentenced to die.

I have to wonder how many more innocent people are in for life, or at least very long sentences because they took the deal, or the second jury couldn't get to killing them.

I do favor the death penalty for Treason. And, assignation of those who are named in the constitution - President, VP, Supreme Court Justices, Secretary of X, or the equivalent if they are Foreigners visiting the USA.

via Radley Balko:
New NAS study: About 4 percent of people who receive death sentences in the U.S. are innocent. http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2014/04/23/1306417111…
Significance
The rate of erroneous conviction of innocent criminal defendants is often described as not merely unknown but unknowable. We use survival analysis to model this effect, and estimate that if all death-sentenced defendants remained under sentence of death indefinitely at least 4.1% would be exonerated. We conclude that this is a conservative estimate of the proportion of false conviction among death sentences in the United States

http://www.innocenceproject.org/

Convicted twice means first time found guilty and second time to be ordered to die.

Last Edited:
Without reviewing hard statistics on taxpayer money blown in the appeal process vs. the annual expense of feeding inmates (considering age, average life-expectancy, etc.), I can't fairly opine on the cost-effectiveness of exterminating them.

I would suggest, though, that if a convicted death-row oxygen bandit waives his/her right to appeal and asks to be dispatched, that every state should indulge said desire post haste!

governor.jpg

Here is a guy who could have gotten death, but instead was in for a very long time.

"Byron Halsey, a man with a sixth-grade education and "cognitive limitations," was ...
two life sentences plus 20 years"

The prosecuter and police worked hard to convict Halsey - read the account -
If you don't like news reports - the court report is at the end of the article

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...ho-sent-innocent-man-to-prison-22-years.shtml

Now the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, which has stripped the defendants of their immunity.

What continues to blow my mind is the majority of people who are anti death penalty are hard core abortion supporters.
Several reasons - abortion is not seen as 'murder' or even regarded as death by them as the victim is never seen or known. Another reason is probably because abortion has benefited a greater number of supporters than non-supporters. And the biggee - ask a hard core supporter how they feel about Roe Vs. Wade and their answer will be, "Roe Vs. Wade didn't make abortion right, just legal"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top