JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should FFLs be posting in the Classified section?

• No..The Classifieds are for private party ads by members

Votes: 129 72.5%
  • Yes.. Ads are ads..

Votes: 49 27.5%

• Total voters
OK I just got on the the site. Sat 7-9-11 4:04pm
NW GUY has 12 of the 14 first listings on the first page

THAT IS OUT OF HAND

I appreciate the ventdors on this sight but THIS is not what we all expect from them.

YES MULTIPULE LISTING ON ONE THREAD FOR THE THE DEALERS.

It is really annoying. I'm still morr in favor of limiting the number of classifieds or having a separate FFL section.

THAT IS OUT OF HAND

I appreciate the ventdors on this sight but THIS is not what we all expect from them.

Exactly... do I need to see 4 Sig250 ads because they have different barrel lengths or 5 Sig Mosquito ads because one of them is pink?

Those could be condensed into two ads and 7 positons on the first page could have been preserved for other members ads.

On the other hand if they are paying for ad space then they should get what they pay for... Perhaps a revised pricing structure could accomodate this issue... so much per ad until you use a certain amount of A page then cost per ad gets prohibitive. Allows vendors to place ads that the pay to place but forces then to be judicious about it and spread them out to keep advertising costs down.

I think enough people agree.. SOMETHING needs to be done..to address this.. I still favor a separate FFL category..or more simply..just require that they become supporting vendors to do their buisness advertising.. That section already exists..problem solved..

THAT IS OUT OF HAND

I know it has been said b4 but some set up a vote for this please.... I dont know how to that .

Pete ..s

This is exactly why I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANYTHING from this seller.
Hey FFLs STOP doing this, it is costing you money.
Nobody wants to buy from a jerk.

This is exactly why I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANYTHING from this seller.
Hey FFLs STOP doing this, it is costing you money.
Nobody wants to buy from a jerk.

Not sure if they are a jerk or just obtuse. Either way I also won't look at their ads because I'm annoyed by their actions.

THAT IS OUT OF HAND

I know it has been said b4 but some set up a vote for this please.... I dont know how to that .

Pete ..s

I'm glad this topic is up. I just looked at my ad in the classifieds and was pissed that nwgunguy has the whole page!

Cmon mods, ya gotta do something about this.

I think NW spam Guy and brad691 are going to ruin it for a lot of other good ffl's. I don't think NW Guy even has many of them in hand. I have seen in some of his posts that he would get it in three days after you place the order. Where as if Cocktailer post something it is usually a super deal not to be missed.

At first I was happy to see a few FFL's get involved in the classifieds, but it's just gotten out of hand. When I go to the classifieds, I want to see different options from different sellers/buyers.

I'm sure the 2 guys that everyone is complaining about are good guys, but like others, I no longer have any interest in purchasing from them anymore.

ETA:

I will say that if the FFL's were given their own subforum, I would love to see what they have available as well as prices to see if they have something I want. But if they keep bumping other's ads to the 2nd page, I don't feel like purchasing from them.

Money talks. as long as they are paying the mods dont care.. NWGUY AND BRAD ARE THE WORST

I agree, money talks both directions that's why I suggested the price structure thing, these guys will regulate themselves when their wallets start talking back. Make it reasonable to post say 3 ads on a page and expensive to post more than that.

FFLs should not be allowed to fill the whole first page of a section up, thereby bumping all other ads onto page 2..

This!

Their own thread would be nice, good to see if they want to move something they think is hot. I usually click on Coctailers ads BTW, he's got good stuff I find interesting and is connected to the board.

I admit that I made the mistake of placing multiple posts a few months back. Soon after, I realized that was not the right thing to do and since then I have limited my postings to 2-3 per day. Since it appears that even this is still an issue I will reduce my limit to 1-2 postings per day. I pay my dues to participate on this site because it is highly reputible and it is important to me to maintain a good reputation among all who use it. My intention is not and has never been to cause issues for those who choose to post on this site as well. My number one priority is my customers! Therefore, I take it very seriously when my name is mentioned as part of the problem and I will do what is necessary to fix that. I have commited to reducing my posts in good faith with the hope of regaining the confidence of those who no longer wish to do business with me as a result of this issue. I am open to and appreciate the constructive feedback.

Wrong. We actually care very much.

This activity is going to be corrected. Doesn't matter how much a vendor pays, they are not going to spam the general classifieds anymore.

I hope this gets corrected soon. I bumped my ad about 2:00 today and it's already on the 2nd page because of this problem.

I admit that I made the mistake of placing multiple posts a few months back. Soon after, I realized that was not the right thing to do and since then I have limited my postings to 2-3 per day. Since it appears that even this is still an issue I will reduce my limit to 1-2 postings per day. I pay my dues to participate on this site because it is highly reputible and it is important to me to maintain a good reputation among all who use it. My intention is not and has never been to cause issues for those who choose to post on this site as well. My number one priority is my customers! Therefore, I take it very seriously when my name is mentioned as part of the problem and I will do what is necessary to fix that. I have commited to reducing my posts in good faith with the hope of regaining the confidence of those who no longer wish to do business with me as a result of this issue. I am open to and appreciate the constructive feedback.

Brad, I never had a problem with your ads. Posting 2 or 3 things is ok with me. But when someone posts what seems to be their catalog and takes up the whole page is what I have a problem with.

With that said, it takes a big man to admit to their mistakes so kudos too you. Plus, I like your ads because the prices are really good.

Here is one thing i have noticed in this section, very few of us that are complaining about this are supporting members. Me included! What we all need to do on our next score on here is put $20 down and support this site. I am going to start tonight! Just got a dillon super swage off here tonight for a great deal, wasnt my first deal and wont be my last im sure. Its the least we can do as members. $20/yr is small change to have a site like this. I know we dont have to pay to make our voices heard but if we all do they will be much louder!

With that said i totally agree that a small number of ffl's are causing an annoying problem. I appreiciate thier support of this site! They need an FFL only classified section. I know i still will look through it cause there still are deals to be had with them for sure! So to the guys not abusing the system sorry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top