JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should FFLs be posting in the Classified section?

• No..The Classifieds are for private party ads by members

Votes: 129 72.5%
  • Yes.. Ads are ads..

Votes: 49 27.5%

• Total voters
What we all need to do on our next score on here is put $20 down and support this site. I am going to start tonight! Just got a dillon super swage off here tonight for a great deal, wasnt my first deal and wont be my last im sure. Its the least we can do as members. $20/yr is small change to have a site like this.

DONE!!!!! Nice and easy paypal'd it and in less than 5 minutes i have now done my part!!

I admit that I made the mistake of placing multiple posts a few months back. Soon after, I realized that was not the right thing to do and since then I have limited my postings to 2-3 per day. Since it appears that even this is still an issue I will reduce my limit to 1-2 postings per day. I pay my dues to participate on this site because it is highly reputible and it is important to me to maintain a good reputation among all who use it. My intention is not and has never been to cause issues for those who choose to post on this site as well. My number one priority is my customers! Therefore, I take it very seriously when my name is mentioned as part of the problem and I will do what is necessary to fix that. I have commited to reducing my posts in good faith with the hope of regaining the confidence of those who no longer wish to do business with me as a result of this issue. I am open to and appreciate the constructive feedback.

As the OP of the thread..and the poll..I have to say that your attitude towards..and appreciation of the issue..is definitely a statement of your character..and buisness philosophy.. I have noticed that your ads have diminished in quantity..and frequency.. Way to Man Up..

I have absolutely no issues with you personally..or FFL's in general..Most of you do a fine job..in a worthy field.. In my case..I just don't deal with them..save for accessories and such..as I have no desire to pay a fee for the priviledge of having my personal possessions registered in a database somewhere..for future use.. Accordingly..I have no interest in firearms being sold in that manner..

I also..for the same reason..do not sell..buy..or trade with out of state parties.. Well..that..and I feel we should support our own communities..

So..that being said..I think you should definitely be able to post on NWFA..as should anyone from the "Northwest".. I just think there should be a section for private party ads..and another for FFLs..just as I can choose to browse only OR ads..which is exactly what I do..

Again..your response..and the understanding that you've demonstrated..IS appreciated..

As the OP of the thread..and the poll..I have to say that your attitude towards..and appreciation of the issue..is definitely a statement of your character..and buisness philosophy.. I have noticed that your ads have diminished in quantity..and frequency.. Way to Man Up..

I have absolutely no issues with you personally..or FFL's in general..Most of you do a fine job..in a worthy field.. In my case..I just don't deal with them..save for accessories and such..as I have no desire to pay a fee for the priviledge of having my personal possessions registered in a database somewhere..for future use.. Accordingly..I have no interest in firearms being sold in that manner..

I also..for the same reason..do not sell..buy..or trade with out of state parties.. Well..that..and I feel we should support our own communities..

So..that being said..I think you should definitely be able to post on NWFA..as should anyone from the "Northwest".. I just think there should be a section for private party ads..and another for FFLs..just as I can choose to browse only OR ads..which is exactly what I do..

Again..your response..and the understanding that you've demonstrated..IS appreciated..

How i feel the same about this .....time will tell

shooter3brovo
Money talks. as long as they are paying the mods dont care..

You couldn't be more wrong, the Supporting Vendors have to follow the same rules as ever other member, every supporting member, the mods and Joey Link the owner himself.

We all know and see what happened and why this thread blew up yesterday. As soon as we saw the problem we undertook steps to correct it. What we must consider is that we have to find a rule broken first to then deal with it from that angle.

The rule broken is that a Seller must have the item in his possession to offer it in the general classified section. That is what got those ads deleted. You as members can help this in the future, you guys really are the front line in rule enforcement at NWFA, you guys see a problem often before we do, it is those reported posts that you guys send that get them noticed and dealt with faster.

Basically all the mods see a special section know as "Reported Posts", this is the first thing I look at when I sign in and the first thing I deal with as do the other mods. Every reported post get handled. When a mod checks a Reported Post, and then handles the problem, he will then make a post in the report thread as simple as "done" or if if is a complex problem he makes a report on what is happening and asks questions if necessary for other mods opinions or throws out a probably solution or maybe other notes on information pertinent to what is going on.

Some problems are complex and will take a bit of time to solve, being instantly reactionary to a complex problem is never a good thing, so sometimes it may seem to take a while to fix a problem.

I will again address this quote:

shooter3brovo
Money talks. as long as they are paying the mods dont care..

The day this is true is the day I will resign, a Supporting Vendors money changes nothing, the rules apply to everyone equally. I do care, I care enough about NWFA that I have spent thousands of hours volunteering to help make this place different than all the other firearm forums and I know that the other mods do too.

I have to stand by my first opinion of this topic.... FFL's should have their own Forum to post on. Let's leave this one for the the regular members, who enjoy wheeling and dealing among ourselves. Anyone looking to buy from a FFL (DEALER) will have no problem finding one.
I also believe in The Mods and Joey to take care of our concerns in a fair manner.
Have a great day my friends............Dallas Ken

I have to stand by my first opinion of this topic.... FFL's should have their own Forum to post on. Let's leave this one for the the regular members, who enjoy wheeling and dealing among ourselves. Anyone looking to buy from a FFL (DEALER) will have no problem finding one.
I also believe in The Mods and Joey to take care of our concerns in a fair manner.

Let me address that as many people have brought that up.

First let me preface this by stating that this is my own personal opinion and not the opinion of NWFA so just take this as me throwing my own personal BS into the mix.

The general classified section is the most used section at NWFA. The Supporting Vendors have to pay for the same privileges that all other members get to use free and that is fair as it is a business for them and a hobby for you and I.

OK here comes my point. If we then banish the Supporting Vendors to what amounts to the cyber equivalent of a remote desert island how long before the Supporting Vendors start to do a cost to benefit analysis and decide to drop their sponsorship of NWFA?

In the end it is the Supporting Vendors and the Supporting Members that make this place free for all of us. Should we cut our own throats?

In the end it is the Supporting Vendors and the Supporting Members that make this place free for all of us. Should we cut our own throats?
No we should not, but by the same token we should not allow anyone to cut our throats for us,
this is why we have a problem.
If ALL members were limited to one ad per section till that ad is closed, no single member could drive all of the
posts onto the second page by spamming of the board. Does anyone really NEED more than one ad per section?

I think the solution is easy. If the classifieds are the most popular section (and they are the section I check the most), than let's keep the FFL's forum in the classifieds, but create a subforum for them. The FFL's can keep the section popular by keeping the activity in the subforum high, and constantly posting their wares.

I think the solution is easy. If the classifieds are the most popular section (and they are the section I check the most), than let's keep the FFL's forum in the classifieds, but create a subforum for them. The FFL's can keep the section popular by keeping the activity in the subforum high, and constantly posting their wares.

Wouldn't that be the digital desert island scenario I spoke of? When there is no added financial value for a Vendor I can't see Vendors supporting us for long. Again this is just an intellectual conversation and I'm not speaking for NWFA.

To use an example lets look at Television advertising. If you moved Commercials to their own Commercial channel would anyone turn to that channel? Once people stop turning to that channel how long will advertisers pay to advertise on a channel no one watches?

I think we all know that we are just expressing our opinions here.....BUT....Look At The Vote!
Seems kind of lopsided....why are we taking it??
Hey, we can beat this "old horse" for awhile.

No we should not, but by the same token we should not allow anyone to cut our throats for us,
this is why we have a problem.

Agreed, the problem of what happened yesterday highlighted a real concern and how one shortsighted Vendor can ruin the experience for everyone .

If ALL members were limited to one ad per section till that ad is closed, no single member could drive all of the
posts onto the second page by spamming of the board. Does anyone really NEED more than one ad per section?

I can also see some kind of limit as being the best solution for all concerned.

Again these are personal opinions, I don't want someone to come back later and give Joey a hard time about anything I said here.

I do though feel openness of these inner workings helps people to more fully understand the real issues and that they are more complex than they seem on the surface.

Wouldn't that be the digital desert island scenario I spoke of? When there is no added financial value for a Vendor I can't see Vendors supporting us for long. Again this is just an intellectual conversation and I'm not speaking for NWFA.

To use an example lets look at Television advertising. If you moved Commercials to their own Commercial channel would anyone turn to that channel? Once people stop turning to that channel how long will advertisers pay to advertise on a channel no one watches?

Yes and no and it depends on the FFL's.

Think about why most vendor classifieds on other boards don't work: They aren't posting their inventory and prices like normal classifieds. Usually it's just specials, and announcements of who they are.

Here, we have several FFL's that are showing a willingness to post their inventories and prices and they are constantly updating what they have. That's a negative for a normal classified section, but a real positive for a divided classified.

As it is, something needs to be done, and soon. I don't see a disadvantage of giving them a subforum. They can drive the traffic in that subforum by posting a lot, something they aren't shy about doing. And it will keep the others who are selling and buying happy.

In a nutshell, I think Supporting Vendors should be allowed 2 ads per page MAX. This is only if they do not have their own forum on this site.

They CAN purchase the ability to have their own sub-forum where they can post every item they have daily. Then I think they should only be allowed to post a "Special Deal" in the regular classifieds.

The 7 day BUMP rule applies to everyone including Joey the site owner.

Money is not the reason this site exists. It is here for a more GLOBAL reason. To help rally people to attack those that threaten our rights. The classifieds were almost not retained for this site, but it does draw a lot of traffic from gun enthusiasts.

Good point, I come on here to find great deals and such if i want to buy from a ffl i am go to bi mart.. and yes i have found some good deals on here and also met some great folks ......

In a nutshell, I think Supporting Vendors should be allowed 2 ads per page MAX. This is only if they do not have their own forum on this site.

They CAN purchase the ability to have their own sub-forum where they can post every item they have daily. Then I think they should only be allowed to post a "Special Deal" in the regular classifieds.

The 7 day BUMP rule applies to everyone including Joey the site owner.
That seems reasonable to me.

I believe the term ...."Available to Order"...by NW Gun Guy is going too far. Add was just posted, I was under the impression things offered here were available now.????

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top