JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should FFLs be posting in the Classified section?

• No..The Classifieds are for private party ads by members

Votes: 129 72.5%
  • Yes.. Ads are ads..

Votes: 49 27.5%

• Total voters
Personally, I'm really only interested in F2F deals on firearms (I don't like records being kept of my purchases). That being said, I agree that the FFLs keep this forum operating, and there are plenty who have no problem buying from an FFL, and I think they should be more than welcome to post in the private section. Even if I have to troll all the way through three pages worth of listings, I think that's a fair trade for what this forum, and thus the supporting FFLs, provide.

There's a bureaucrat in me that would like to see ad listings standardized, and if the listing is by a FFL they can add a tag. Something like "Item (price) [FFL]". Maybe its a pipe dream, but it sure would save me a lot of time scanning the listings. If I see an FFL, I can skip over it (no offense guys). If I see an item priced higher than I'm willing to pay, I can skip over it. Would this be a feasible solution to some of the complaints?

What would be cool is a kind of SPLIT search result where if a person searches for a Glock for example....... ads could be separated between FFL and Non FFL ads perhaps in a columns with Pricing being Lowest to highest.....on both columns...... sounds simple, but I know forum templates and search might be an issue. I believe at this point if you search the Handgun section...... it counts that forum as a completely different forum than the rest...thus NOT including ANY RESULTS from the other SUB-Forums. I know that people want to have a separation of sections and that would be fine if there were a search the ENTIRE site function...... than way results will come from ALL forums having the Key Word Search. That way the FFL's get into the results IF the user has NO preference as to FFL / NON-FFL for his purchase. it needs to be a PREFERENCE BASED Search OPTION that allows the User to INCLUDE or NOT include FFL or NON-FFL sellers. I think this would be the EASIEST way to alleviate the problem. In the AD Post template a box for FFL/ NON needs to be added to identify each ad for the SEARCH preference to function........Just an Idea....... and MANY crushed toes will be SOOTHED. :) ALSO.......perhaps an FFL ICON could be ADDED to ads when the BOX in the ad template is clicked. That way people can pass right by reading those ads if they so choose.

And as far as availability ..... most of the guns I offer are on Site in less than 3 business days. I make it known that this is the case, and customers are aware of this. .

I understand the fact that your trying to make a buck,thats fine. but at least list what you have in stock,heck why not just post the entire davidson's catalog on here then? That way any gun someone could ever want would be listed. This is why i will go to blackwater, CNS, or just buy from buds gunshop online.

I ASKED to be included in the Vendor's forum from the Beginning....... And as far as availability ..... most of the guns I offer are on Site in less than 3 business days. I make it known that this is the case, and customers are aware of this. Not everyone here is looking to "hide", as if you can, from ATF. If they want to find you they will, and because you are using this forum...they can see your posts and evaluate by IP address if they wish to. As to my Bumps today....... it's been OVER a week since Most of those posts were bumped. If someone is looking for a particular gun they can Search the forum and the posts will come right up. I am following the rules, and if they give me an FFL posting area......I'd gladly use it. To those who support this forum with their hard earned money....I SALUTE YOU. As for those of you who DON'T support this site...... Sorry for upsetting you, but your vote doesn't count for much in my book.

And what you have to say doesn't count much in my book.

just sayin' put up or butt out ........back to the subject.... I think my Idea would work..... I have built websites and it should be do-able...... The bottom line is that I AGREE with you all..... there needs to be a separation OPTION for the user...... so that those that don't want to see FFL ads can click an option in their SEARCH PROFILE settings...... ie.... a drop down on the search bar that allows you to NARROW the search and BAM..... we can all post in the SAME forum without stepping on each other.

Anyone else notice the people complaining the most about FFL ads in this thread are prolific gun flippers? aka unregistered dealers. I mean look at the number of trades some of you guys complaining have, more than the dealers. Kind of smacks of hypocracy to me. Are you guys worried about, or maybe trying to eliminate the competition? I mean seriously, look at all these over priced used glocks...

this thread are prolific gun flippers? aka unregistered dealers. I mean look at the number of trades some of you guys complaining have, more than the dealers. ...

Its not about how many gun deals us "Unregistered dealers" have its about filling the whole front page by 1 person. If the ads were spread out over the week we wouldnt even be having this discussion. I understand that gun guy is totally within his rights to do this but a little common courtesy would be nice. instead of bumping all the ads at once do one or two a day. Its pretty obvious why this thread got started, because of 1 or 2 dealers. so until they change the classifieds have some respect for the other members and just spread em out. I can tell you gun guy your definitely not winning any customers on here with that attitude.

Its not about how many gun deals us "Unregistered dealers" have its about filling the whole front page by 1 person. If the ads were spread out over the week we wouldnt even be having this discussion. I understand that gun guy is totally within his rights to do this but a little common courtesy would be nice. instead of bumping all the ads at once do one or two a day. Its pretty obvious why this thread got started, because of 1 or 2 dealers. so until they change the classifieds have some respect for the other members and just spread em out. I can tell you gun guy your definitely not winning any customers on here with that attitude.

Exactly.

One of the two dealers has come in here and said that he will tone it down a bit. The other has basically agreed that there needs to be a separate section, but until there is, tough luck.

One of the two dealers might actually get some of my money someday. The other most definitely will not see a dime of it.

point taken I will try to spread out my adds more instead of posting an i blocks .... I am not heartless I am trying to help resolve the situation and I do believe that my idea is the perfect fit

No we should not, but by the same token we should not allow anyone to cut our throats for us,
this is why we have a problem.
If ALL members were limited to one ad per section till that ad is closed, no single member could drive all of the
posts onto the second page by spamming of the board. Does anyone really NEED more than one ad per section?

+1
I don't really see the big deal? It's easy to see who's posting and whats offered. Whats wrong with posting (WTS OR/WA: *G23* P220* FNH .45* XD 9*) etc...? If i wasn't interested I would probably take a look anyway just because that's multiple guns for one click! Why not... Shouldn't have to be a "site" fix. Can't we just post our crap and get along?

This!!!!! I couldn't agree more! Well said dakaham.

Well with gun guy saying he will change his ways i think its time to stop dog piling on him. I for one believe that he will change the way he bumps and posts ads here, Thank you gun guy. So now maybe we can all get along with our lives now. Man we are such a bunch of losers!!! Look how much of our lives we spent on this topic! :s0112::s0114::s0112:

This!!!!! I couldn't agree more! Well said dakaham.

Me too! I'm not trying to make a buck... I just don't have the spare cash to have everything I want to try out. There are the ones I keep and use and there are ones that keep my hobby going. I may keep a gun for awhile to "figure" it out/ decide if its for me. After that I want to try something new to me. That's why I post in the classifieds.

+1 svt

Part of the fun of the hobby is getting a new toy playing with it for awhile and then trading it off for something else thats shiney and makes me say "ooooh coool" for awhile then moving on. just wish my wife wouldnt get so attached to them and understand that the grass is greener on the other side!

+1 svt

Part of the fun of the hobby is getting a new toy playing with it for awhile and then trading it off for something else thats shiney and makes me say "ooooh coool" for awhile then moving on. just wish my wife wouldnt get so attached to them and understand that the grass is greener on the other side!

LOL!! Exactly, my wife loves to shoot but doesn't want me to spend money... I still do, its just much easier to trade...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews