JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should FFLs be posting in the Classified section?

• No..The Classifieds are for private party ads by members

Votes: 129 72.5%
  • Yes.. Ads are ads..

Votes: 49 27.5%

• Total voters
But why is there a vendor section then? Doesn't make sense. Most vendors keep their ads in there and thats why they pay for it. Makes it easier to see their ads instead of all scattered throughout the ads.

But why is there a vendor section then? Doesn't make sense. Most vendors keep their ads in there and thats why they pay for it. Makes it easier to see their ads instead of all scattered throughout the ads.

the supporting vendor section isnt big enough to have all of them on there. i noticed that a lot of the ffl's aren't even posted on there. so the general classifieds is the next best thing.

No one should be permitted to monopolize any section of any space on this forum, private or dealer. FFL should be welcome to list items as should anyone, but they should be marked/segregated as FFL (same as difference in dealer or private party on CraigsList)!

Just had my new gun ad drop to the bottom of the page (soon to be unseen on page 2) by a vendor posting 5 different ads this afternoon. I'm all for free trade, but that many posts in a row bumps the other new ads out of sight and does not endear that vendor to me. Separate place for ads, or limit of 1 or 2 ad per day would make me happy!

I like the idea of limiting ffl's to a single listing with however many guns they want to list in that single ad. I am personally not intersted in the FFL ads, and get tired of scrolling through a generic listing for a gun that has sold several times and just gets bumped again w/new stock.

I like the idea of having a limit of bumping/posting a couple items per day. I'm against combining all items into a single ad because I like seeing items in the titles. I don't like posts with titles like "Lots of guns for sale".

I think that FFL dealers should be able to post in the classified section. however, I feel it would be productive to have a sub section similar to how ads are divided by states so individual members who want to filter through ads by private sellers and FFL vendors can do so on their own. I personally would still like choice to be able to click on the main classified link and be able to view all that is available.

Donovan, That is a great idea. Example..

HANDGUN CLASSIFIEDS
oregon ads / washington ads / idaho ads / FFL ads

This would keep FFLs in the main classifieds section but they don't have to be supporting vendors. It gives each member the option to go to FFL only or private sale only.

Donovan, That is a great idea. Example..

HANDGUN CLASSIFIEDS
oregon ads / washington ads / idaho ads / FFL ads

This would keep FFLs in the main classifieds section but they don't have to be supporting vendors. It gives each member the option to go to FFL only or private sale only.

Which was basically my point.. And glad to see I'm not the only one...

Fully Agree.

HANDGUN CLASSIFIEDS
Oregon Ads / Washington Ads / Idaho Ads / FFL Ads

Looks like the perfect solution, and should make everyone happy. If you have not been trying to sell something recently, and seen your ad bounce off of page 1 almost immediately by one or two vendors listing four or five guns each; then you may not appreciate the scope of the problem. I've been in that position, and it's really aggravating when it happens to you. Doubletap started a good thread here, addressing a real problem; and I think we have a real solution.

Absolutley!!!!! This is what has happened to craigslist in the car section now! used to be a car here and there from a dealer now you have to wade through hundreads of ads to find a for sale by owner. Seems thats where this is heading. i am getting tired of all the new guns from ffl's evry day. Dont get me wrong supporting vendors do have there place nothing against them in fact when i am in the market for "new" gear they are the first place i go. But give the plain 'ol member ship the classified section. Maybe and ffl only classified section between the rifle and handgun links also lets be honest they do get a lot of used on trade and they do have some good deals.

OK I just got on the the site. Sat 7-9-11 4:04pm
NW GUY has 12 of the 14 first listings on the first page

THAT IS OUT OF HAND

I appreciate the ventdors on this sight but THIS is not what we all expect from them.

YES MULTIPULE LISTING ON ONE THREAD FOR THE THE DEALERS.

I know it has been said b4 but some set up a vote for this please.... I dont know how to that .

Pete ..s

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads