JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Today, two of my coworkers were coming back from lunch when a man in a car brandishing a revolver then pointed at them and fired for no apparent reason.

luckily, they werent hit and neither was the vehicle (i pray no one in the area caught the bullet.)

My coworker called 911, described the vehicle and didnt get a license plate as they were in such panic to get the F out of there.

next thing i know, both of them come back to work and are all shaken up, on and off the phone with police. eventually, the guys car was found but he is still at large.

Neither of them had their carry weapons with them though, we are allowed to have them at work. i told them "this is the reason i carry. you never know what to expect"

IMO, its probably best that they didnt/ were unable to fire back due to the fact that they had a way to escape.

My question is(and i know this is the internet and legal advice is taken with a grain of salt)would DGU be justified in this situation as described? what if they had there been no means of escaping? IE: stuck between two cars in traffic?

the way i see it is a catch 22... they could have stopped the threat but risk jail time/ forfeiture of rights, countless court appearances...yadayada... but atleast still be alive.

on the other hand,that guy was near a school full of kids and by the time he was apprehended he could have shot and killed innocent people.

What say you NWFA?

i pray this guy wasnt legal to carry/own guns. just more fuel to the fire
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!

Pine St ... ditto on nuf said. As for the shooting, if someone else has their gun out ...that's called "having the drop on you", and when someone has the drop on you, trying to get your weapon out is an invitation for getting shot. Brakes and turn seems best from my far away-Idaho location... I can almost see Oregon from my front porch! My sister lives in the Hopmere area and I grew up near the Lake Labish onion flats... I'm pretty familiar with the area.

Pine St ... ditto on nuf said. As for the shooting, if someone else has their gun out ...that's called "having the drop on you", and when someone has the drop on you, trying to get your weapon out is an invitation for getting shot. Brakes and turn seems best from my far away-Idaho location... I can almost see Oregon from my front porch! My sister lives in the Hopmere area and I grew up near the Lake Labish onion flats... I'm pretty familiar with the area.
thats crazy, i grew up farmin those onions! my grandparents were onion farmers on lake labish

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews