JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your preferred shotgun brand?

• Rem 870 and the like Pump

Votes: 44 29.9%
  • Mossburg 500-590 etc Pump

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • Rem Simi auto

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Moss Simi auto

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Chiapa (spelling lol)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benelli (sp?)

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • Beretta (sp?

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Other Pump

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Other Simi

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • What's a Shotgun?

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters
Yea the 1981 express I have is much better built then the newer Magnum express I got with the longer barrel.

Don't get me wrong, the newer 870 is still super smooth and the fit and finish is good.

Someday if I have the opportunity then I will replace the trigger group with a metal one, but since it's a hunter I don't really mind plastic.

I used to do a lot of five stand when living in Reno. I would love to again. My uncle shot a Beretta and it was the nicest shotgun I've ever got to shoot. I voted Beretta.

He also owned a Sig Sauer shotgun, I can't remember the model, but it was beautiful as well, gold leaf embellished and gorgeous engraving. My uncles last name, mother's maiden, is Sauer. So they bought a lot of Sig firearms from when they made a lot of different stuff like shotguns and bolt actions.

For me it was a Mossy 500 as my very first gun purchase ever. Security model. This was during the AWB when security shotguns were cool and before they started getting tacticool.

View attachment 395750 View attachment 395751 View attachment 395752
This one is kinda fun too.
It's a 12 / .44 shotgun rifle combo...Circa 1850-60
The locks are new and I had to make front and rear sights along with the ramrod for it.
I have shot this one a bit...but no game has fallen to it...yet ( at least for me )
Andy
:) That right there is a coolio perc rifle/shotgun! No doubt that it would knock down those NW deer... Another gem from the Everson Collection!:D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top