JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Note that it is getting a lot easier to carry more powerful guns now. Here is a brn-180 556 with 10.5" barrel in a single-pull-to-deploy sling pack for example. It also fits in an mp5 shoulder holster but I find it too much of a pain to wear that when I can just throw this bag on if needed. Gun functions with brace folded or deployed.

Skip to 1:11 mark in this video to see quick deploy method

View attachment 1138334
View attachment 1138335
Interesting, but can't seem to find it on 5.11's website

I won't be adding to his view count. Sorry.

I am going to say power and placement are equally important. Whether you hit with a bb gun or miss with a howitzer the effect is the same.

I won't be adding to his view count. Sorry.

I am going to say power and placement are equally important. Whether you hit with a bb gun or miss with a howitzer the effect is the same.
People have been killed with pellet guns.

A "miss" with a howitzer doesn't count getting hit by fragments or having a building collapse on you.

Both are extremes. Getting hit with a 9mm expanding projectile at 1K fps is not going to be that much different from getting hit with a .45" projectile at 1K FPS - not as much different as a pellet gun vs. a howitzer.

Sounds like bait to try to generate arguments and video views (which seems to be working).

Both power and shot placement have minimum floors where insufficiency in one cannot be made up for by an excess of the other. There is also some overlap where each can make up for the other being lacking. Without putting some bounds on the question, there's no way to have a meaningful discussion.
This. End of discussion.

It's Clickbait, don't fall for it just wanting to boost his number since his reputation is in the toilet.
Here's all one really needs to know about power.
Placement is key no mater what boomer is used.

F08E480E-1126-4CFA-8D50-DA88191473A8.jpeg 865CADC0-4252-49D8-8EAB-848F5A8500D2.jpeg

EVERYBODY knows that 9mm is almost as worthless as a .380; that a hit on an arm with the Holy .45ACP will cause instant death; the racking of the slide on a pump 12ga will cause BGs to flee screaming in terror; and the mere sight of a plastic fantastic AR will cause a home invader to faint or keel over dead in his tracks.

lolz

Last Edited:
Lol. Lets say you had 1 round left. Which gun would you grab if you had to? 500 magnum expands to over 1inch i think....
Well, I'm generally not keeping one round in my gun, so I might as well grab my Johnson if I'm that dumb.

Otherwise, if I only had one round left....... gun in hand, I done missed a lot already and should take my punishment as something less than a man. :oops:

Lol. Lets say you had 1 round left. Which gun would you grab if you had to? 500 magnum expands to over 1inch i think.... keep in mind: with the 500 the offender is also being blasted over by the concussion and muzzle blast
I don't think the 500 Magnum expands until the next zip code over.

What about shotplacement with a 500 magnum. Does it matter vs lets say... 9mm.

Lets say.... You have 1 shot. Center of mass. Choose 500mag or 9mm.
I'll use the one I shoot and know the best. In this case it's 9mm. Since my guns carry more than one shot I can get off a double tap before the 500 magnum settles enough to get back on target. You may choose how you wish.

I'll use the one I shoot and know the best. In this case it's 9mm. Since my guns carry more than one shot I can get off a double tap before the 500 magnum settles enough to get back on target. You may choose how you wish.
My retired Marine Corp buddy has both 460 and 500.... he loves em but doesn't carry one for SD. He used to carry a Commander, but I think now he is back to the .38 Airweight.

I've carried my Para P14 .45ACP with 18+1 under a winter coat. But today my hands are like granny hands so I carry what I can stand to practice with... 9mm. Someday I'll be down to .22lr prolly. Then that nad shot will start to seem good.

A customer of the radio shop was a retired heart surgeon... we were talking about firearms/handguns (he has quite a large collection at home) when he pulled up his leather western vest and showed me his SAA .45LC revolver... and told me that he killed two diff men on two diff occasions with one shot.... now that's performance!!! (Almost as good as Baldwin)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews