JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it's power, then consider this:
The recoil of a rifle is equal to power of the bullet as it leaves the rifle. If power kills then every time you fired a bullet you would die.

Power helps the bullet destroy the vital tissues. That's all. Yes, there is a hydro shock and can, but does not always assist.

If it's power, then consider this:
The recoil of a rifle is equal to power of the bullet as it leaves the rifle. If power kills then every time you fired a bullet you would die.

Power helps the bullet destroy the vital tissues. That's all. Yes, there is a hydro shock and can, but does not always assist.
Eh... yes and no. Your correct in the "every action has an equal and opposite reaction" part, but your neglecting to include a few things...
The mass of the rifle vs the mass of the bullet.
The velocity of the bullet vs the velocity of the rifle.
The size of the projectile impacting the human target. .25sq in vs 6-8sq in.

I had no idea he got banned from here. I have watched a lot of his stuff over the years. It was "entertaining" when I had nothing to do at work. Will have to watch this one now the next time I have too much free time on my hands and getting paid for it. :D
As for the "debate" it is ongoing and will never end. ALL carry guns are a trade off. Some are FAR more effective than others. Few will carry something REALLY good as its too hard to carry, or if made light enough becomes VERY hard to shoot well, or both. So almost all make some kind of trade off. Accuracy is of course SUPER important as a miss with a cannon does not work as well as a hit with a .22.

I had no idea he got banned from here. I have watched a lot of his stuff over the years. It was "entertaining" when I had nothing to do at work. Will have to watch this one now the next time I have too much free time on my hands and getting paid for it. :D
As for the "debate" it is ongoing and will never end. ALL carry guns are a trade off. Some are FAR more effective than others. Few will carry something REALLY good as its too hard to carry, or if made light enough becomes VERY hard to shoot well, or both. So almost all make some kind of trade off. Accuracy is of course SUPER important as a miss with a cannon does not work as well as a hit with a .22.
Likewise on the banned thing....just looked and it seemed he never existed.....musta been BAD

Penguin got hiself banned, and having met him in person, I can understand why! Dude is totally in love with him self, loves to hear him self talk, and BOY howdy if you ever disagree with him, whatta choad!

I'm surprised anyone still watches his rubbish u-tuby crap!
Playboy penguin?

I lasted about 1:40. When people talk in absolutes about a subject that does not have any, and uses words like obviously, it's very clear, this is an objective topic (when it is not), it has to be (all these before the 1:10 mark) they leave the realm of opinion into arrogant narcissism (my opinion, not a fact...just to be consistent :cool: ) That 1:40 pretty much sold me that I won't bother watching his stuff again. In this short time, he was confusing adequate power with ugh, more power gooooooood. But to each their own.

Maybe the discussion should be three way, like:

Shot placement
Power
Firepower

Meaning, isn't that why we have 15 shot magazines in pistols as a standard now?? Or what gives AR's such an advantage.

shot placement becomes more important with lower powered cartridges.
This ^. A .22 LR through the eye socket can be as effective as a .44 magnum through the forehead, and a lot less messy.

I recently had an Inuit, from way deep in the Alaskan bush, renting my downstairs for the last few months. Really nice guy who was flown out to do trade work in Seattle. Had some great hunting chats with him, and just a generally very interesting guy. He said his favorite all around caliber was the .223, and specifically in a bolt action. He said they just shoot animals "in the ear" aka head shot pretty much all big game. Moose, Caribou, etc. He said he once took down a Moose with a 17hmr by shooting it through its eye, with the brain directly behind.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top