JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Penguin ( Might have) got hiself banned, and having met him in person, I can understand why! Dude is totally in love with him self, loves to hear him self talk, and BOY howdy if you ever disagree with him, whatta choad!

I'm surprised anyone still watches his rubbish u-tuby crap!

Last Edited:
It's not necessarily wrong, if the desired outcome is the same.
If the cavitation from a lung shot from .357 stops the heart, it's done the same job as a head shot from a .22.
Placement is certainly a more reliable way to guarantee the desired outcome.

In his ridiculous fashion he's saying power of your firearm is more important than shot placement.
He would!

archer.jpeg

Shot placement is good...so is power...
Proper bullet design for the job at hand is also worth noting.

Also something to consider is the person's will to live.
I have seen men in combat , stop fighting with what would be called "light wounds"...other men who have been struck and should have been dead...kept on fighting....

A good balance in shooting skill and just what you shoot with , is needed.
Along with the idea of doing all you can to avoid it.
Andy

Penguin got hiself banned, and having met him in person, I can understand why! Dude is totally in love with him self, loves to hear him self talk, and BOY howdy if you ever disagree with him, whatta choad!

I'm surprised anyone still watches his rubbish u-tuby crap!
When I glanced across this, I read it as "having met him in prison". :D

Shot placement is the correct answer but of course there are caveats. Both are important, but in real life the former is most often more so.

Hasn't "shot placement" V. "Caliber" been played to death?????

To stop a threat the central nervous system needs to be interrupted. So shoot 'em in the knutsack and be done with it….
Kinda like .45 vs 9mm. Open Carry vs Concealed Carry. Glock vs 1911. Bla bla bla.

7CC69643-7EB2-4D23-A785-0512BF398E6D.jpeg

Sounds like bait to try to generate arguments and video views (which seems to be working).

Both power and shot placement have minimum floors where insufficiency in one cannot be made up for by an excess of the other. There is also some overlap where each can make up for the other being lacking. Without putting some bounds on the question, there's no way to have a meaningful discussion.

Hasn't "shot placement" V. "Caliber" been played to death?????

To stop a threat the central nervous system needs to be interrupted. So shoot 'em in the knutsack and be done with it….
Ok. Time to confess. And this was a great opener.
Once upon a time I shot a deer. Muley in Central Oregon. He dropped like a rock.
When we got on him, my buddy joked about a lousy - but lucky shot. Got him directly in the neck base...
He thought I was aiming for a lung shot.

I was aiming for the neck. Right where I shot him.
If I missed? - Either neck or air.

I'm over chasing stressed dear and hauling them back... And I've tasted the difference in a meat that never stressed...

So... glad that's off my chest.

I'm EHJ - and I aim for the neck. :)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany