JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is a perfect example of why it is always better to operate your own hardware, instead of external hosting or outsourcing to the cloud. Over the long term, it is cheaper to run your own equipment, and you have total control over what you run. It is just a matter of time before the various cloud platforms decide what they will allow you to run on their hardware. Can you image if a big company like Ruger or S&W ran all of the IT on the cloud and the cloud decided that they no longer would allow fire arm related companies to host on their infrastructure? Chances are these fire arm companies would have sold off all of their on-premise equipment when they moved to the cloud.

Once upon a time we were all logging into time-share machines at colleges or universities and then the PC gave us personal control by distributing computing power. Today, the powers that be seem to be trying their hardest to fight generalized distributed computing and consolidate everything into the "cloud" thereby taking us back to the 70s or 80s where some operator wiser and greater than us gets to regulate what we have access to and what we can do with it.

Windows is going away as we know it soon, and Micro$uck is going back to dummy terminals, or as they put it "desktop as a service" and they expect we will pay tribute ala monthly service fees just to use "our" computers. My next pc or laptop will be a Mac OS or Linux machine. I only need it for internet, document generation and editing, and other work stuff.

I haven't seen this come up so I will mention it... Has any one researched who this effects exactly? I feel like this sort of thing has up-ticked a bit recently. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if there is a chance that the administration is using private enterprise oppose to legislation to combat those selling guns to the inner cities. I wonder this because it is a perfect compromise. Also the inner city gun violence is so egregious that our establishment on the left and right are worried about it. Almost everything policy related happens behind closed doors so we're left to speculate. The media LITTERALLY only reports scandal and drama meanwhile the world is being managed on a daily basis with no whisper of any to the voting mob.
Edit: In fact I just read an article of agenda from the White House archive stating that they are indeed approaching private companies to request their help in preventing certain segments from buying guns. So it is a fact, just the details of this and other ordeals are unclear.

Last Edited:
One more anti-gun financial institution chooses to deny fair access and non-discrimination(my own term) to two firearm related businesses

Exclusive: Financial Attacks Continue as Franklin Armory, RMR Bullets Report Discrimination - GunsAmerica Digest

I do business with both companies and will support them all I can. RMR has become my exclusive source of 9mm and .380 bullets. I'm going to start buying .40 and .45 from them now, too.

PS
Thanks for merging my thread here. You all remember that kid at the pool who just ran up and jumped in? Well.....

Last Edited:
41D1F7EF-508D-4FE7-BEF7-F02EB114F10B.jpeg Here is an update from Ghost Firearms

By the way, for any of our Business Members who might be affected by this, Spike's Tactical is teeing up a Class Action lawsuit about this.
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...ent=2018-08-18&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletterhttps://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...ent=2018-08-18&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

If you have a business on Shopify, or know someone who does, it might be worthwhile to have them reach out to Spike's and join the fight.

"You hit your enemy not with fingers, but with a fist."--Heinz Guderian

The free market, as always, makes things happen. The losers like shopify should be heavily questioned by their investors as to why they threw money and profits away, especially if they lose the Spike's class action lawsuit.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR