JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wife saw this as she wandered through home office. There was a time some decades back, during courtship, we went to Powell's and made a day of it. We're both avid readers and it was a nice trip to go there, talk along the way, and enjoy a nice dinner, et al. (And there are other memories of the fair city, good and bad, from times past.)

Now? You, literally, couldn't pay me to take my family to PDX. The last two times I was there was due to a funeral and before that a connecting flight, because neither could be avoided. Such a pity what has become of the Rose City. :(

I'ma gonna get out in front of this and say that the next time PB meets Pantifa, there will be a Pantifa corpse on a slab at the City Morgue by day's end.
Pantifa drew first blood on PB today, on their leader no less, so there must be at least one PB in their crowd that is gonna settle a score next time out.
You watch...
That's not good.

I hope that crap doesn't start up again tomorrow in Oly.

I sincerely can't stand that town, but this Sharks and Jets nonsense is getting worse.

I was taking my dog for a walk on one of our regular routes and saw the area around 10th and Davis cordoned off. Spoke to one of the officers and around 1pm three shooters came into the Everybody Eats restaurant and killed shot* three diners. I was left by the officers parting remarks when he said "this is what it is now, another shooting". Think the first arrest here should be the Mayor.

*Update: Shooting victims were injured and transported in private vehicles

JP9

View attachment 1025399 View attachment 1025400 View attachment 1025401 View attachment 1025402
Yawn..... walking around downtown? Used to be crack alley, when I lived there, but now the Alberta Arts District is where it's at for a walk.

Better watch yer topknot!

Clearly the Portland Police haven't been defunded enough to stop crime and violence,
Covidiot 19.V7.321.a has slowed down the production of certified social justice workers capable of thwarting what ails society….we just need to be patient.

Yawn..... walking around downtown? Used to be crack alley, when I lived there, but now the Alberta Arts District is where it's at for a walk.

Better watch yer topknot!
A maybe not so well known thing about the pearl is how bad it was for a long time. Another not so well known item is that the folks who developed the pearl in the early 00s made a deal with the city to also build a certain amount of LIHTC units (low income high tax credit) housing per certain amount of luxury housing units.
Seems like that bit them in the bubblegum and the pearl is becoming The Villa 2.0.
(A reference to Columbia Villa/Multnomah Villa housing projects in north Portland for the folks who came here post gentrification)

A maybe not so well known thing about the pearl is how bad it was for a long time. Another not so well known item is that the folks who developed the pearl in the early 00s made a deal with the city to also build a certain amount of LIHTC units (low income high tax credit) housing per certain amount of luxury housing units.
Seems like that bit them in the bubblegum and the pearl is becoming The Villa 2.0.
(A reference to Columbia Villa/Multnomah Villa housing projects in north Portland for the folks who came here post gentrification)
Fact Check True

I worked in those condos during construction and was shocked to find out upscale tenants were paying $150.00-$200.00/ft2 while the tenant on the floor below was Section-8

I also worked the new office space for that developer and thought it hilarious he had pics of his Ducati and Porsche…but drove a freaking Prius into town so as to not upset the sheep he and his partners were fleecing.

I think I probably knew about the certain % of "affordable" housing in these Developments. I'm gonna say they did the same with all the apartments that went up on the West waterfront between the Marquam and Hawthorn bridges. Don't recall the prices for the "Affordable" places but at the time it was like $50,000.00 a year or something. I think it's mighty nice for those wealthy condo liver's to allow those poor, poor people to live in the same building with them. (sarc)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top