JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, all I can say is years ago, living back east in Southeastern New England, the area I lived in was a tad rural, meaning you couldn't see your neighbors house through the trees. A couple of doors up the road lived a state trooper and a couple of doors down the road lived the town police chief. It was not unusual to hear gunfire on nice afternoons or on weekends, in an otherwise quiet wooded area. No need for shooting free zones...

As a matter of fact, after lengthy conversations with both gentlemen, I took to target practice on my own property as well. Successfully taught my eldest child to shoot there as he was growing up.

Some people don't like the sound of freedom, whether that be children playing, loud exhaust systems, the neighbor play rap music too loud or yes, even gunfire. But at the end of the day, one persons fear of freedom doesn't trump another persons right to exercise their freedom.

Just do so responsibly.

A few things to keep in mind.
First and fore most be safe as possible and know what you can and cant do in your area. Have a plan and stick to that plan. Go as far as to map it out.
If the cops show up. Be nice, show them the shooting lane and the back stop. Show then its safe and the steps you have taken to be safe. Offer them the chance to shoot. Make a friend. Get there business card.

If all goes well, the neighbor will look like a jack wagon.

If the cops show up again. Do a name drop of the last cop that was there. Tell them you want the neighbor charges with harassment.

If the neighbor cant keep to themselves, they get whats coming to them

When I lived in Everett, WA, we would often hear automatic gun fire.

A case of buyer beware, an 8 month resident complaining about a police training range that's been there for more than 70 years... It never seems to change... Don't like the noise of the police range, move...

:s0054:

Its people like you that think there needs to be a law for everything. Yes, you are the problem, not the home owner doing what ever he feels like doing safely
Not saying there needs to be a law,I think it's the gun owners responsibility to shoot safely and responsibly. I don't think shooting in a residential area with this small of a backstop is safe. Which is why I said don't be this guy.

Not saying there needs to be a law,I think it's the gun owners responsibility to shoot safely and responsibly. I don't think shooting in a residential area with this small of a backstop is safe. Which is why I said don't be this guy.
Good thing no one cares about your opinion.

The individual in the YouTube video has gone far above what is responsible required. Pistol and rim fire...

A case of buyer beware, an 8 month resident complaining about a police training range that's been there for more than 70 years... It never seems to change... Don't like the noise of the police range, move...

:s0054:
People moving next to PIR comes to mind....

Yep and not always gun related.

Many years ago some people from CA moved into a rural property in Redmond, OR close to some long term property owners that had a few cattle, horses, and assorted other animals. Kind of 'hobby farmers'.

Well new neighbors didn't like the smell, complained and went public with it and of course sued.

It was in the news at the time and the people kept up their harassment but they ultimately lost due to prevailing laws protecting the animal owners due to them already being there.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top