JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I personally don't think there will be to much of an effect on us. From what iv read the guy has mental issues. He got the gun from an unexpected solder and used his, if he did have weapons on him why was he not checked at security? I don't think military contractors are allowed to be armed are they?

Well, Adam Lanza and James Holmes are crazy and look what they tried to do. I agree with your sentiment, but you are implying that Diane Feinstein is a rational person.

I ran an office furniture installation company in Portland for years. That company contracted for all the furniture at Ft. Lewis. Out of my 50 employees, up to 30 at a time would be sent to Ft. Lewis for a job. All the idiots got complacent by going through the gate all the time and knowing the guards, that they decided bringing their pot(yes, marijuana) onto the base would be a good idea. Two employees got busted and went to jail. However, that company still has narcotics on the base ALL THE TIME. I also heard plenty of rumors about stuff being smuggled OUT of the base as well(cases of MRE's, magazines, training stuff. No nukes.), but being their boss, no one was stupid enough to let me see it and find out for sure.

I just wanted to give an example of how this stuff can happen. Contractor's have dope on Army bases EVERY DAY. Who knows what else comes and goes that we have no clue about?

Doing some recent travel in the past couple years I had the opportunity to visit various military bases. Some required little more than an ID to get in, with no searching, conversation, or other guard interaction. Some didn't even need the ID. They call 'em open bases. Just drive right in. Things were a little different when I was in during the 80's, but things are always changing. We also had armed military guards back then; if there are military guards now its during the off hours or accompanying civilians.

That said, getting things in and out of most installations is NO PROBLEM. Once out of your vehicle, institutions of any size are easily infiltrated by just moving and acting as if you belong there; the odds of being challenged are essentially zero. Someone wandering slowly, looking around, and not appearing sure of his surroundings guarantees a response. Hence, a bad guy with bad intentions who looks like he belongs there is free to go where he wants.

Interesting information mancat.. I haven't read anywhere that he stole his AR-15, but no news source has even mentioned where or how he acquired one. It could easily make sense that he comes into the base with a shotgun and disarms or kils the security personnel and takes their weapon. I am surprised though that the gun would not have been classified as an M-16 instead of an AR-15, since I would under the impression that is what law enforcement and military would carry. But, I know how the media would love to spin things.

If that is the case, then this is a serious breech of security, which proves again the vulnerabilities of our country.

Perhaps, we should advocate for disarming our military, since their guns can be stolen and used against them and other people. :rolleyes:

Oh well, on another note, I do send my condolences to the families of those who lost loved ones today. IMO, the government is the real murderer here, because they trampled on our Constitution and forced our military personnel as well as law-abiding citizens to be disarmed and helpless against an armed assailant. They had the duty to protect these men and women or give them the means to protect themselves and they provided neither protection for them.

The blood of those innocent people is on the head of Obama Hussein and the other criminals in the government who enforce these totalitarian and unconstitutional laws!!!

As I said during other events like these: Gun Free Zone = Murder Spree Zone.

Please see the link in my previous post for the information regarding the stolen/captured guns that he apparently used.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/le...start-stocking-up-some-more-4.html#post961284

I'm sure this will be conveniently overlooked, should someone decide to use this as a new push for laws.

was the AR15 one of the missing guns from Eric Holders justice departments Fast and Furious gun running operations for mexican drug cartel??? why doesnt the news show a photo of the shooter?? would showing his photo be "racist" ???

was the AR15 one of the missing guns from Eric Holders justice departments Fast and Furious gun running operations for mexican drug cartel??? why doesnt the news show a photo of the shooter?? would showing his photo be "racist" ???

Fox had a big picture yesterday on line.

From the AP via the Drudge Report

Aaron Alexis, 34, had been treated since August by the Veterans Administration for his mental problems, the officials said. They spoke on condition of anonymity because the criminal investigation in the case was continuing. The Navy had not declared him mentally unfit, which would have rescinded a security clearance that Alexis had from his earlier time in the Navy Reserves.

This guy would be a very bad reason for the gun grabbers to push their agenda.

This happened on a facility where guns are very restricted, in a town where guns are very restricted. The shooter should have been prohibited ( he shot at a car here in WA state allegedly over a parking dispute ) , and was being treated by the government for mental health issues. I'm sure I could come up with more. Reports he was using a policemans carbine he took, a pistol he took from another. I could go on and on.

Lots of ways to attack this one. FULL of fail on the governments part.

Of course that wont stop that elderly bag Finestein.

After the colossal fail for the push post sandy hook, the sting from the recall of the colorado dimwits, I doubt we will see ANY new laws.. Another run on guns ? Hope not.

He's probably a gold member here

What the bubblegum are you talking about ? If you think this board is full of gun toting criminal psychos, what the bubblegum are you doing here ?

This woman has no soul to capitalize on the tragic loss of others to push her own agenda.

It's all about her.

Next thing we know Obama will want to fly their families on our Air Force one to line up grieving families behind him to push his own agenda...

Bodies are still warm, and Feinswine is using them as her soapbox?

I refuse to patronize California businesses until they send this woman back to the nursing home. They're welcome to ruin their own state, but when Senator Feinswine attacks mine, a line is crossed.

I know we ALL know this but there is simply no gun control issues attached to this - especially if it IS determined he took the AR from a guard. And I see overall security issues as major problem - not guns. If the antis in any way direct their forces to guns and nothing more then they are lying to themselves, and trying to get others to believe it.

READ THIS FOR BREAKING DEVELOPMENT.

Maybe no AR-15 involved at all, says CNN report

Gun prohibitionists rush to exploit Navy Yard shooting

Anti-gun Senator Dianne Feinstein wasted no time exploiting yesterday's mass shooting at the Naval Sea Systems Command headquarters in southeast Washington, D.C. – a crime involving a one-time Seattle resident – and neither did the Brady Campaign or the Washington Post editorial board.

<broken link removed>

READ THIS FOR BREAKING DEVELOPMENT.

Maybe no AR-15 involved at all, says CNN report

Gun prohibitionists rush to exploit Navy Yard shooting

Anti-gun Senator Dianne Feinstein wasted no time exploiting yesterday&rsquo;s mass shooting at the Naval Sea Systems Command headquarters in southeast Washington, D.C. &ndash; a crime involving a one-time Seattle resident &ndash; and neither did the Brady Campaign or the Washington Post editorial board.

<broken link removed>

My real question is, what's her motive? does she really believe what she's fighting for? or is there an alterior motive there that were not aware of.

Yep, its all going crazy on the radio now...its all 'gun violence', 'mass shootings', 'background checks' and 'what will Congress do?'. When discussing how additional legislation would affect the 2nd Amendment, one commentator opined: 'the most basic right we have is the right to be safe'.

One article I read speculates that the shooter stole an AR from an incapacitated guard once he was inside the building. So...how would more legislation have prevented this? Oh wait, it doesn't matter. Guns are bad, don't clutter the issue with logic.

Keith

If you were a progressive you would know that, obviously, the evil rifle cajoled the poor man into operating the scary black weapon! No doubt he was taking his Soma and easily influenced!
Again, liberal trolls, scarcasim!!!

not to mention all the pissin and moaning about prices, oyea and price gouging on the forum.

In the event that another ammo/magazine crash happens, and I hope it doesnt, I would appreciate hearing a lot less whining about stockpiling/hoarding/buying in bulk! I still have mine, bought before most of these terrible shootings. Sounds like a good idea now, whiners, doesent it?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top