JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At the federal level, the President is too busy with other stuff.

What worries me is the state level. Here in Oregon the vote was very close last Spring. A well-financed ballot measure could also be a problem.

I never want to shop online and read this: "Sorry we can't ship to: NY, HI, CA, MA, MD, CT, OR."

Let's keep our states free...

That would SUCK big time, I will write to the representatives and legally fight every way I can! some of the proposed bills i saw the other day on OFF looked crappy enough already

Keep calling. Keep writing. Donate to OFF when you can.

It's our duty to be assertive, professional, courteous, and tenaciously proactive in defense of our rights.

The fact this happened at a military base is going to make the chance of an AWB unlikely. If anything, it will be more proof that our government has failed to keep us safe, that a terrorist/madman (Aaron Atkins) managed to force his way into a heavily secured and guarded military compound and murder military staff and government workers. More people will be focused on the fact that a person could overpower our military, the very institution that is suppose to keep Americans safe and protected. This tells us that our military or government is incompetent. Rather than punishing law abiding citizens, I think people will be more focused on how any person could manage to sneak there way into this base and mow down so many people. These are the type of attacks we hear frequently happen in military or police stations in Iraq and Afghanistan, not the USA. However, the very same type of attack happened today on our own soil.

Like the Fort Hood massacre, this is an act of domestic terrorism, regardless of the motive. Any person willing to kill innocent people for whatever reason is a madman, whether they are a Muslim, Buddhist, Neo-Nazi or whatever.

The previous attempt of an AWB had the fuel they needed, little children murdered by some deranged psycho. It was everything Obama could have dreamed. However, when an intelligent person plans a well-coordinated and pre-meditated attack on a military base, this will make him and our military look foolish. The outcry will be , how could some person overpower and sneak his way into a military base, rather than how could this man have acquired a gun? Acquiring the gun was the easy part in this attack. This guy was not some stupid nutjob off the street, he was highly intelligent, connected and well-trained to pull off such a massacre.

The fact this happened at a military base is going to make the chance of an AWB unlikely. If anything, it will be more proof that our government has failed to keep us safe, that a terrorist/madman (Aaron Atkins) managed to force his way into a heavily secured and guarded military compound and murder military staff and government workers. More people will be focused on the fact that a person could overpower our military, the very institution that is suppose to keep Americans safe and protected. This tells us that our military or government is incompetent. Rather than punishing law abiding citizens, I think people will be more focused on how any person could manage to sneak there way into this base and mow down so many people. These are the type of attacks we hear frequently happen in military or police stations in Iraq and Afghanistan, not the USA. However, the very same type of attack happened today on our own soil.

Like the Fort Hood massacre, this is an act of domestic terrorism, regardless of the motive. Any person willing to kill innocent people for whatever reason is a madman, whether they are a Muslim, Buddhist, Neo-Nazi or whatever.

The previous attempt of an AWB had the fuel they needed, little children murdered by some deranged psycho. It was everything Obama could have dreamed. However, when an intelligent person plans a well-coordinated and pre-meditated attack on a military base, this will make him and our military look foolish. The outcry will be , how could some person overpower and sneak his way into a military base, rather than how could this man have acquired a gun? Acquiring the gun was the easy part in this attack. This guy was not some stupid nutjob off the street, he was highly intelligent, connected and well-trained to pull off such a massacre.

While I completely agree with your logic, there is only one "minor" problem, you are speaking rationally and logically NOT emotionally! From getting a glimpse from CNN earlier, they are talking about 3 guns (An "assault" AR-15, a Glock semiautomatic handgun, and a shotgun ...in their own words), and they are questioning the fact that he got 2 clearances in the last year alone. So it's an "opportunity" at this point to spin it down the gun control route or the "we didn't have enough information about him" route, so let the govt. collect more info (NSA and the like).

4Freedom, read my earlier comments on page 4.

The government can't clamor for an AWB, because the man killed and stole his "assault weapon" from a police officer that was legally carrying it.

Are they going to ban shotguns now? Because that's all he started with.

What would they be trying to ban if the man killed a guard with a knife, then used his gun on others?

My personal prediction is: this is going to spark a lot of whining from the controllists, then nothing's going to happen. It would lose 2014 for the democrats if they tried it a second time. The earlier push for bans may have already done that on its own.

Are they even allowed to visit the same issue twice in one legislative session? I honestly don't know how that works, can someone explain to me?

The government can't clamor for an AWB, because the man killed and stole his "assault weapon" from a police officer that was legally carrying it.

Edit: oops, just now saw your link to the story.

Could you direct me to the source of this information?

4Freedom, read my earlier comments on page 4.

What would they be trying to ban if the man killed a guard with a knife, then used his gun on others?

My personal prediction is: this is going to spark a lot of whining from the controllists, then nothing's going to happen. It would lose 2014 for the democrats if they tried it a second time. The earlier push for bans may have already done that on its own.

Are they even allowed to visit the same issue twice in one legislative session? I honestly don't know how that works, can someone explain to me?

Interesting information mancat.. I haven't read anywhere that he stole his AR-15, but no news source has even mentioned where or how he acquired one. It could easily make sense that he comes into the base with a shotgun and disarms or kils the security personnel and takes their weapon. I am surprised though that the gun would not have been classified as an M-16 instead of an AR-15, since I would under the impression that is what law enforcement and military would carry. But, I know how the media would love to spin things.

If that is the case, then this is a serious breech of security, which proves again the vulnerabilities of our country.

Perhaps, we should advocate for disarming our military, since their guns can be stolen and used against them and other people. :rolleyes:

Oh well, on another note, I do send my condolences to the families of those who lost loved ones today. IMO, the government is the real murderer here, because they trampled on our Constitution and forced our military personnel as well as law-abiding citizens to be disarmed and helpless against an armed assailant. They had the duty to protect these men and women or give them the means to protect themselves and they provided neither protection for them.

The blood of those innocent people is on the head of Obama Hussein and the other criminals in the government who enforce these totalitarian and unconstitutional laws!!!

As I said during other events like these: Gun Free Zone = Murder Spree Zone.

I agree. What more of a reason do we need to secure Our Right in the Bill of Rights...The 2nd Amendment. All those stupid firearm rules and regulations (federal and states included) do nothing but make us sitting ducks. Today once again proves that fact. A CHL permission is just a band aid to the much bigger issue. Do American citizens really have the right to protect themselves?

They obviously need more cops/law enforcement presence over there in DC.
I heard that only thirty separate law enforcement entities responded to this incident. lol

I personally don't think there will be to much of an effect on us. From what iv read the guy has mental issues. He got the gun from an unexpected solder and used his, if he did have weapons on him why was he not checked at security? I don't think military contractors are allowed to be armed are they?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top