JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I seen the jobs thread and thought this would be a good idea? if there was a thread for services or skilled labor up for trades. with this economy, even though I have a job I need to trade for my toys or do side jobs to earn money to buy my toys. I have a couple of gents that I do trade with and always looking for more. I do Metal finishing (gun bluing) using Brownells Oxnate #7 (steel) and soon Oxnate #84 (stainless) and Manganese Phosphate (Parkerizing).I am not a gunsmith but have several years of experience.
Good luck with all your endeavors

Good thread idea.

I've been repairing computers for 10 years, and I'm more than willing to trade :)

I do armorer work on the following firearms, with reliability work being my specialty;

All 1911's and gas system AR's

Rem 870 & Mossberg 500 shotguns

Pistols;
Sig, H&K, Glock, and S&W and Colt revolvers

And will be doing S&W M&P and Springfield XD pistols after I attend the factory armorer schools this fall.

Always willing to help out anyone, or trade for work.

Don't know how useful this will be, but I'm a full-time software developer/engineer, so I can design/write custom software for whatever you need. Always willing for the right trade, though I charge for it in my spare time.

I am a General Contractor, no employees, I do remodel work almost exclusively. mostly kitchens and baths. Jack of all trades and I rarely hire subs. Windows, doors, finish work, frame, counters, laminate, tile, vinyl, hardwood floors, mantels, small dry wall jobs, light electrical and plumbing, remove walls, add walls, small concrete jobs, dry rot repair, siding, design consultations, dormers, porch coverings, decks, arbors, realtor work, etc. you name it, been there done that.
25 years in the trades, license bonded and insured since 96.
Lots of references.

I want hand guns, because I have none.:s0131:

Would be willing to do your home improvement project in barter for your handgun.

Oregon only Portland metro area, not licensed in WA.

Meat cutter here. can show you how to save bucks on cuts from Cash & Carry.
Most people don't know what to do with large cuts, such as inside rounds, chuck roll, etc.
Bad shoulders and hips keep me from full time work.
I also have been a catering Chef, culinary instructor, and working bakery manager.

Scrammer you ever do wild game?

No. I got into meat cutting when the company I worked for switched over to user friendly meats "semi-boneless".
The breaking of full carcasses is done mostly at processing plants now.
I do wish i had a commercial saw, cuber, and grinder though. I'm picky as to how my meat is cut.
A meat manager, I worked for in Utah, does it in his home garage, that he has set up.
The other thing is a decent cooler.
I found an old meat cutting manual, that i have been meaning to scan and make available.
At Cash and Carry this week you can get a whole INSIDE ROUND "TOP ROUND" for 1.90 a pound, excellent top round steaks and London Broil, or just grind the whole thing for Ground Round.
:s0155:

I'm a Tree Guy...

ISA Certified Arborist, Certified Tree Worker, ISA Hazard Tree Assessor, USFS Class "C" Faller, IBEW Line Clearance Journeyman, Arborist training for the last six years...
I'm also a licensed/bonded/insured contractor with the State of Oregon.

Although it's not my main occupation whatsoever;

I'm a detailing hobbyist, but it's only on the side as an enthusiast.
Aircraft, auto, motorbikes.

None of the local businesses can perform proper paintwork correction, from what I've seen throughout the years. This is especially true as of late.

I've found a niche market with some high end clients, and it's been great. Lots of referrals from people unhappy with any of the local shops, which I find rather disturbing, but it works for me. Many, many, very happy customers.

By the way, when is the next time you'll be in Oregon? I'd like you to look at an associate's 1911.

I do armorer work on the following firearms, with reliability work being my specialty;

All 1911's and gas system AR's

Rem 870 & Mossberg 500 shotguns

Pistols;
Sig, H&K, Glock, and S&W and Colt revolvers

And will be doing S&W M&P and Springfield XD pistols after I attend the factory armorer schools this fall.

Always willing to help out anyone, or trade for work.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top