JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks everyone for the honest (and some heartfelt) responses. It appears I struck a chord with many of you with my thread. Seems like I have some soul - searching to work on (and some difficult decisions) but I will get through this!

I think if it hasn't been used/seen/held in X amount of time, it needs to go is a good threshold (except things that are truly important/historic in your life).

One thing I've done, and not sure how things work down where you live - Community Services for the Blind calls us asking for donations periodically. Whether we have something or not, I say "yes, we've got something for you". I then go around and collect items to give them - keeps down on the clutter. You could also schedule time on your calendar to go drop-off items with Goodwill/whoever - if it's time to drop off, find something to donate.

Another idea: put a moratorium on getting "stuff" for presents - people mean well, but many gifts are not really needed. Ask for things that can be consumed: gift certificates, homemade food, ammo, etc.

Good luck - I hate moving, so that alone is a chore.

Just moved and we down sized 30% in house size.

I go though periodically and clean out items I do not use. Old books,
Sold off some items
My wife collects and keeps- some thingsa she has not used in 13 years:
But she did finally give up some stuff.
I mean we had stuff we had not used in 10 -12 years.

I guess I am weird. The only stuff I own that I absolutely wouldn't give away, sell, trade or throw away is my gun stuff. Honestly, my wife could say everything but your guns and tools must go and I would say whatever. I love books. I have a great collection of books but if she said they must all go then I might find a way to keep one or two but otherwise "whatever".

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top