JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks everyone for the honest (and some heartfelt) responses. It appears I struck a chord with many of you with my thread. Seems like I have some soul - searching to work on (and some difficult decisions) but I will get through this!

I think if it hasn't been used/seen/held in X amount of time, it needs to go is a good threshold (except things that are truly important/historic in your life).

One thing I've done, and not sure how things work down where you live - Community Services for the Blind calls us asking for donations periodically. Whether we have something or not, I say "yes, we've got something for you". I then go around and collect items to give them - keeps down on the clutter. You could also schedule time on your calendar to go drop-off items with Goodwill/whoever - if it's time to drop off, find something to donate.

Another idea: put a moratorium on getting "stuff" for presents - people mean well, but many gifts are not really needed. Ask for things that can be consumed: gift certificates, homemade food, ammo, etc.

Good luck - I hate moving, so that alone is a chore.

Just moved and we down sized 30% in house size.

I go though periodically and clean out items I do not use. Old books,
Sold off some items
My wife collects and keeps- some thingsa she has not used in 13 years:
But she did finally give up some stuff.
I mean we had stuff we had not used in 10 -12 years.

I guess I am weird. The only stuff I own that I absolutely wouldn't give away, sell, trade or throw away is my gun stuff. Honestly, my wife could say everything but your guns and tools must go and I would say whatever. I love books. I have a great collection of books but if she said they must all go then I might find a way to keep one or two but otherwise "whatever".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top