JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Edit: I am not affiliated with ADR Tactical. I have been looking for an FFL that will do serial number engraving without requiring a background check to get your gun back. This is the only one I have found so far. If you know of others please post them in this thread.

This is a discussion thread not a ginsu ad so let's Discuss.

1706099024785.png

"This is a service for Serializing 80% Lower Receivers due to Oregon passing HB 2005 into law provided that you already "Possess" the completed or unfinished Lower.
Select the number of Lowers that you will need to have Serialized, and then ship them to the following address.
ADR Tactical LLC
630 30th St, Ste 110
Springfield, OR 97478
Under the ATFs Gunsmithing Guidelines, we will engrave a specific Serial Number on the Lower Receiver. Only the Serial Number will be added, and we can ship directly back to you as the original owner as there is no need for a separate background check because these components would fall under ATFs Gunsmithing Guidelines.
You could also stop by our Shop in Springfield to have the engraving service done in person.
We are a licensed manufacturer and possess a valid FFL-07 SOT2 issued from ATF. It is perfectly legal to ship these Firearm parts to our facility."

Last Edited:
So this is an advertisement for the company listed in the OP? Commercial advertising requires a Supporting Vendor membership here at NWFA.

Looks like an FYI post, more than an ad. Unless @arakboss is affiliated with ADR tactical.

Anyway, an FYI was how I interpreted the post.

Your mileage may vary.
I would suggest ADR tactical become a member/SV if they want to advertise their services. I'm sure they aren't the only FFL doing serials. The OP appears to be a copy/paste from an advertisement.

The OP appears to be a copy/paste from an advertisement.
👆Yeah, the copy and paste was what I was thinking as well.

I'm sure they aren't the only FFL doing serials.
I've been calling around, probably hit 5 or 6 local gun shops, like Keith's, Advanced Firearms Training, etc. I have not found anyone doing serials, nor do they plan to.

👆Yeah, the copy and paste was what I was thinking as well.

I've been calling around, probably hit 5 or 6 local gun shops, like Keith's, Advanced Firearms Training, etc. I have not found anyone doing serials, nor do they plan to.
Copy that. We have vendors that pay good money to advertise their goods and services here at NWFA. When a vendor gets free promotion I imagine the other Supporting Vendors are probably wondering why they don't get the same.

I just tried to call ADR Tactical.

Got a voice message saying they don't have a dedicated office staff person (so, probably a small company) and to either leave an email or a text message.

I went to their website and completed a "contact" form, referencing the information @arakboss outlined above and asking if it was accurate. I also asked about:
  • Turn-round time
  • Payment methods
  • Could they recommend the best method for me to ship a COMPLETED frame/receiver to them (since a non-FFL can't ship a firearm - a completed frame or receiver - via USPS).
If I hear anything back, I'll post back here.

Cheers

I just tried to call ADR Tactical.

Got a voice message saying they don't have a dedicated office staff person (so, probably a small company) and to either leave an email or a text message.

I went to their website and completed a "contact" form, referencing the information @arakboss outlined above and asking if it was accurate. I also asked about:
  • Turn-round time
  • Payment methods
  • Could they recommend the best method for me to ship a COMPLETED frame/receiver to them (since a non-FFL can't ship a firearm - a completed frame or receiver - via USPS).
If I hear anything back, I'll post back here.

Cheers
I sent them an inquiry as well.

IE., If and how the serial # is recorded. Is ID required or personal info associated with the serial or simply the serial. If the "type" is associated, and in the case of a lower/frame only is it simply an "other". Is their a discounted price if they are physically taken into their shop or a quantity discount.

As the deadline get's closer I'm sure more folks will be offering the service. The deadline is still quite a ways off.

Looking at other states doing it, it seems many are taking advantage of low cost serialization services offered at gun shows. It seems pretty logical someone is going to have the same idea to pick up a new revenue stream in OR, too.

Personally, I wouldn't be too keen on mailing a firearm, period. Not to mention even using something like shipmygun service is going to tack on another 30 bucks.

This is not an advertisement.
Then what is it? The copy/paste reads like an advertisement and it seems to be working as two people here have already submitted an inquiry. Look, I'm not trying to be difficult and the service I'm sure will help some people out. But we have a Supporting Vendor system in place for a reason and this is one of them. The company listed already has the potential to make $100 right off the bat here. Yes, it's a good service for those that need it but does that make it ok to post their ad for free while our valued Supporting Vendors have to pay to post services/goods like this? @Joe Link should probably get involved here.

Then what is it? The copy/paste reads like an advertisement and it seems to be working as two people here have already submitted an inquiry. Look, I'm not trying to be difficult and the service I'm sure will help some people out. But we have a Supporting Vendor system in place for a reason and this is one of them. The company listed already has the potential to make $100 right off the bat here. Yes, it's a good service for those that need it but does that make it ok to post their ad for free while our valued Supporting Vendors have to pay to post services/goods like this? @Joe Link should probably get involved here.
I agree. More of an "advertisement" to me, but as far as my inquiry to ADR... I sent that much earlier before this OP was even made.

I'm confused. Does this mean that I should not post anything in the "Great Deals" forum, unless that vendor is a paying sponsor?

I'm confused. Does this mean that I should not post anything in the "Great Deals" forum, unless that vendor is a paying sponsor?
Good point. Now I'm confused. Probably my fault for not being around as much and not following all the recent changes as much as I should. Again Joe can clarify this for us. I have no intentions on closing this myself. :)

Its only an advertisement if the business owner started the thread.
The topic of where to go for gunsmithing services has been allowed forever and a day here.

Its only an advertisement if the business owner started the thread.
The topic of where to go for gunsmithing services has been allowed forever and a day here.
Does @arakboss have personal experience he could share with us? Talking about personal experiences with local businesses is one thing. Posting up a copy/paste is another. Joe can chime in but otherwise the thread remains……the threat remains! Independence Day? :D

Does @arakboss have personal experience he could share with us? Talking about personal experiences with local businesses is one thing. Posting up a copy/paste is another. Joe can chime in but otherwise the thread remains……the threat remains! Independence Day? :D
He did edit his OP to clarify things.
IMO I dont see an issue with a copy paste recommending gunsmith services, just an opinion. I do think its great your looking out for our supporting members.

So to add some context to arakboss's post, this is a spin off of another conversation discussing the Ghost gun ban in Oregon where another member only yesterday introduced this gunsmith to the discussion. I will go out on a limb and say he has no affiliation or even been a customer. Im guessing there are members in the discussion that might have built ghost guns and are trying to figure out what to do with them before Sept. arrives.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top