JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gunrunner arms in junction city, Oregon has closed. Their website confirms it and it seems they're the first to raise the white flag over 114. Too bad, I enjoyed doing business with them and they'll be missed.

Does anyone know of other FFLs the have shut down in the last couple months? I'm hearing more 114 grumblings from owners and employees at other stores, almost like they feel the party is over...

Stopped in briefly about a month ago. They seemed pretty sour about everything. Part of me doesn't blame them and another part of me thinks.. well… this is exactly what they want. They want us to get tired of the fight and quit or move or both.

Unfortunate. Cool shop. Tried like hell to buy something but they didn't have much in stock.

I think it's going to get dicey here soon.

I walked into Sportsmans the other day, overheard the guy behind the counter say that you can get on a list and they will call you when they believe you can buy a gun. So if they, the big box store, aren't selling guns, are the little guys? If they aren't selling guns, how long can they stay open?

I think it's going to get dicey here soon.

I walked into Sportsmans the other day, overheard the guy behind the counter say that you can get on a list and they will call you when they believe you can buy a gun. So if they, the big box store, aren't selling guns, are the little guys? If they aren't selling guns, how long can they stay open?
Sportsman's isn't selling guns at all? Boo hiss.

The little guys are still selling as far as I see, though there are less customers in the store at one time. I'm sure sales have fallen off after people blew their wad between 11/8 and 12/8.

I know Gunrunner wasn't the first or be the last. One of the gun show gun dealers at the last Rickreall gun show told me that was their last show and were done. Other dealers have told me they will keep selling guns until they can't anymore. The implied being when a buyer has to have the permit to buy but can't get the permit they won't be able to sell guns.

Martin Arms here in Vernonia liquidated the shop and closed the doors at the end of December.

And of course, we all know about Oregon Arms and Ammunition in Hillsboro calling it a day and shuttering their doors.

-E-

I was another regular Gun Runner customer and sorry to see them close shop and move to S. Dakota.
114 was the last straw for them, as they commented on Oregon swirling down the poo-hole over the past several years.
Can't blame them for feeling that way.

I have seen more and more businesses (not just gun shops) close up and/or move out of Oregon. Oregon is becoming less and less business friendly by the day. Now they are talking more regulation on greedy landlords also. Almost every apartment complex and rental here in town is for sale. Just not worth it to have a business in Oregon much longer.

Gunrunner arms in junction city, Oregon has closed. Their website confirms it and it seems they're the first to raise the white flag over 114. Too bad, I enjoyed doing business with them and they'll be missed.

Does anyone know of other FFLs the have shut down in the last couple months? I'm hearing more 114 grumblings from owners and employees at other stores, almost like they feel the party is over...
Class action law suit? restraint of trade?

114 was designed to shut down all the small independent FFLs, otherwise LEVO would have written in funding for the purchase permit program.
Once the purchase permit kicks in, the rest of the small FFLs will close, the backlog of purchase permit applicants will be massive and the next cluster hurdle to wade thru.

I have seen more and more businesses (not just gun shops) close up and/or move out of Oregon. Oregon is becoming less and less business friendly by the day. Now they are talking more regulation on greedy landlords also. Almost every apartment complex and rental here in town is for sale. Just not worth it to have a business in Oregon much longer.
Especially in Portland!

Twas my favorite place to go. Met lots of good people there, several good friends to this day. Several good memories. During the Rona, it was the only place I would want to go since they were not masky fasci (st).

If 85% of gun buyers really don't get a permit, the FFLs will be screwed. Only the strongest and most disversified will survive. There just won't be room for 100% of FFLs to serve 15% of the normal customer level. Shipping cost are making the ability to compete with big companies for online out of state sales, more difficult.

It seems that LEVO and the very slim margin of voters who approved M114 are going to get what they wanted.

If 85% of gun buyers really don't get a permit, the FFLs will be screwed. Only the strongest and most disversified will survive. There just won't be room for 100% of FFLs to serve 15% of the normal customer level. Shipping cost are making the ability to compete with big companies for online out of state sales, more difficult.

It seems that LEVO and the very slim margin of voters who approved M114 are going to get what they wanted.
I read that less than 1k Oregonians have even started training. Seems pretty unpopular to me.

I'm not sure what the future holds

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads