JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I understand what I wrote is not very popular and lots of folks oppose it. That is why I couched my post with; At the risk of getting flamed.....

I also understand a government that purports to coerce its citizenry into compliance is already tyrannical. Think about that.. the LT Governor on a whim decided to enact "policy" it is only one more step to legislation. His protest is based on feelings of other employees and other states do it so why cant we? I am merely calling them out; it is my belief the time has come to challenge the strength of the Washington State constitution. Lets stop this pussy footin' around and get it on.

The Dem majority is inconsequential, yet it is exactly what "the government" will lord over the citizens to coerce them into compliance.

Lots of "keyboard commandos" on the Internet, how many have the testicular fortitude to stand up for your rights? The next legislative session starts January 8.

~Whitney

I'll be contacting my Reps on this matter. Obviously they do not understand what the meaning of "IMPAIR" when they are impairing our rights.:mad:

SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

Has there been a rash of problems with folks and firearms in the public gallery?
Seems to me to be a "solution" in search of a issue or problem.
Besides...as has been pointed out many times before...the only people this ban will affect is the law abiding gun owner...Not the criminals it is supposed to keep us safe from.
Andy

Well, Andy, it looks like your second paragraph adressed the first. They're getting less and less subtle all the time. More small bites of the elephant.

For safety and security, ban guns throughout state Capitol

The Washington Senate's presiding officer took a sensible step toward ensuring public safety this week by expanding the ban on guns in the Senate gallery in Olympia.

Now the rules proposed by Lt. Gov. Cyrus Habib should be applied to the entire Capitol building, which would probably require the Legislature to pass a law. Leaders of the House and Senate can restrict guns in their own chambers, but state law includes no gun restrictions for public spaces like the rotunda.....

WA Senate gun ban challenged by GOP state senator

A ban on all firearms, even those carried concealed by properly licensed citizens, in the Washington State Senate viewer galleries is being challenged by a Republican State senator who said in a letter to Lt. Governor Cyrus Habib that "the policy is illegal."

WA Senate gallery gun ban challenged by GOP state senator

I was in a class that Phil was teaching on Wed/Thurs of this week. I overhead him giving phone interviews to the media during the lunch break.

E

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads