JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I considered a M14, but the ones I want are well into the $2k-$3k territory. Call me picky, old fashioned, or w/e; but if its going to be a M14 its gotta be a forged receiver. Nothing wrong with cast, just my preference for the M14.

You CAN get them with a carry handle, Just need to order it that way, you can also specify Type 1 or type 2 receiver during your order!
Huh, thought they were all without... Still, was considering parts kit mainly for price. May not be cheap now due to me needing tools, but it would save some cash in the long run once college is over and have more time and money to spend on getting more.

If your interested in CETME / G3 type, then PTR91 are decent. Run and run and run, good value as well.

AR10? Too many to list. We like Ruger and Sig, Sig is overpriced in my opinion, but is a Sig.

PSA has a flat top I think under $700.

I already shot a SCAR before. A soldier had one at the range when I was shooting, we shot each others rifles. I didn't care for the SCAR very much. It was light and recoil wasn't heavy (due to the muzzle brake), but overall wasn't a huge fan of it.

I can vouch for that easy. Normally if I accidentally shoot a rifle without ear pro, it doesn't make me jump like the SCAR did. :eek:

Honestly, its also price. I wouldn't mind a SCAR, but I just didn't feel like it justified its price. I'm sure I'm missing something, but to me it didn't feel like the price was worth it.

Imbel FAL Parts Kit
Would this be a good kit to get, or should I wait? And would you be able to guesstimate what barrel length that is?
That's a 21". Typical looking imbel kit. I would look some more but that would be good I think.

Yes the site returns to zero after field stripping. It is on the lower and it locks in nicely when the upper is closed.

The FAL is NOT a good rifle to scope you really can only put a mount on the dust cover and while it is pretty secure it is not the receiver and think it just isn't stable enough. There is a pic rail dust cover if you want it.

The FAL is considered a "one minute of man" rifle. Good for fighting but not a tack driver. You can scope it but you probably won't be totally happy with it.

I only have one now but I also had a DSA STG that was cherry and a Rhodesian. I don't need another room. :)

That's a 21". Typical looking imbel kit. I would look some more but that would be good I think.

Yes the site returns to zero after field stripping. It is on the lower and it locks in nicely when the upper is closed.

The FAL is NOT a good rifle to scope you really can only put a mount on the dust cover and while it is pretty secure it is not the receiver and think it just isn't stable enough. There is a pic rail dust cover if you want it.

The FAL is considered a "one minute of man" rifle. Good for fighting but not a tack driver. You can scope it but you probably won't be totally happy with it.

I only have one now but I also had a DSA STG that was cherry and a Rhodesian. I don't need another room. :)
Wasn't planning to scope it expecting accuracy, my eyes are just limited to what I can do with iron sights (300 yards is pushing it). Plus it helps with hunting, was going to sell my Vortex scope to get an optic that suits a battle rifle more. I'll definitely keep this parts kit bookmarked. Would a paratrooper be worth the effort of looking for if I wanted something more compact for the brush and to fit in the office better? I already have the compliant parts bookmarked (even if I hate the 922r BS).

Needless to say, it'll kinda be my hunting rifle, but mostly for fun shooting man sized steel targets.
You do realize that is one of the only full auto rifles that is NOT a class 3 weapon. BATFE grandfathered them it in 1968.

Of course a fully auto FAL is almost uncontrollable.

Think he meant the SCAR-17. They go for $3k nowadays. Funny, I had an opportunity to get one for $1,800... Didn't like it enough to buy it then either, not bad just didn't care for it.

Call Arizona response systems that I mentioned in that other thread. He has imbel kits and can talk you through what to get.

I don't love paras but lots of people do. If you are in the brush it midht be a good choice.

If you mod your FAL. SAVE THE ORIGINAL PARTS.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top