JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a question since I really don't know the answer.

Should a seller post the name of the dealer that is going to do the background check, and how much will be charged, or should we all just keep this "off line" and make the arraignments if needed after the sale is agreed upon?:(

No, that's to be decided between the two parties. You both might want to meet halfway if you live far apart, one guy might be from the other side of the state but'll be in that/your area at a given time, who's paying, etc. etc.

Just a question since I really don't know the answer.

Should a seller post the name of the dealer that is going to do the background check, and how much will be charged, or should we all just keep this "off line" and make the arraignments if needed after the sale is agreed upon?:(

Let's hope there aren't any arraignments after the sale!
:eek: Sorry, I couldn't resist.:D

I think it would be helpful for the seller to say in the ad, whereabouts he's at and if he has an FFL in mind, state that rough location and the respective price.

The weird part of the law is you as the seller have to surrender your firearm to a dealer, with no assurance of getting it back should the buyer being denied.

Actually, that's not true. @Norm0931 an FFL here confirmed, as per the ATF, the FFL does not take the gun into their books until after the BGC is run on the buyer, that way it's not an issue to return the gun to the seller if the buyer fails the check.

See this thread: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...-background-checks.203193/page-3#post-1307178

See post #58 by @Norm0931 Here is part of his response:

ATF has said they want the dealer to have the purchaser fill out the 4473 and run the background check. If the purchaser is approved, then the dealer will intake the firearm from the seller and transfer it to the purchaser. This ensures the transfer can actually take place before the dealer takes possession of the item. In addition, Oregon law requires dealers fill out a user gun transfer form and submit it to local law enforcement.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top