JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last April i came back from a 3 year overseas stint to a smaller house, ( last one had a concrete "gun room" ), so to get everything in safes, I started selling dust collectors that I could fairly easily replace- mostly modern, ubiquitous pistols like Glocks, CZ's HKs, and a few safe queen 1911's.
Some harder to find items- older 1950's S&W revolvers or gunsmith made pistols I'll keep. As far as EBR's - I have some that I frequently boat with, but others that have gone through BGC's I might sell if demand drives prices to silly levels....

I'm in the "sell/don't sell" quandary myself. Since I moved back to OR after being gone 40 years (career) I started buying like crazy in 2013. Many of the guns I bought were one's I owned or wanted to own when I had a wife & 2 small boys.

After listening to a firearms podcast a couple of years ago the guest speaker made a distinction between a "collector" and an "accumulator" and I was in the latter category. I recently sold 3 handguns that I'd never have fired and have more in that category. As I age & my muscles diminish due to having had Polio as a child more & more of my guns just sit in my safes. At one point I had 75 - 80 guns & thousands of rounds of ammo in all of the calibers I needed but as time went by I gave many of my guns & ammo to a son in CA via the Intrafamilial Transfer process so he owns quite a few guns he couldn't actually purchase there. 100% legal & although he has to register them it's $19 total for 1 or 15 guns. The catch is the recipient must be a direct relative - no stepchildren even though you may have been their parent since they were a few months old. I gave my son a pistol that he'll transfer to his wife via the CA Private Party process and there are a few rifles that can go to my Grandson now that he's 18. None of those scary ones that sneak out at night though - they can't be transferred / sold at all.

I recently sold about $1000 worth of ammo to 2 Nephews for what I paid for it. I keep detailed records in an Excel spreadsheet and although I probably could have made 50% more they're like two more sons, will use the ammo to train their children & while more money would be nice I'm not in a "need money" situation.

I was surprised at how much a Para Pro Combat has gone up on the used market. I'll probably put it on GB & even with fees, etc I'll probably net %40 more than I paid. I'm also surprised at what hasn't gone up more - BNIB S&W 39, BNIB High Standard Sport King (1st gun I ever owned) and others. I have a few guns I've sunk a lot of money into & there's no way I'll ever get out of them what I have in them unless Hillary wins in 2024. Those are keepers & in my Trust so my oldest son & some nephews will inherit them. Unfortunately I can't leave any guns to my youngest son b/c of mental health issues so he'll just get more of my actual $$$$.

Just checked - down to 45 guns & that includes the Remington .22 single shot I learned how to shoot with. That'd be a fun transfer to CA - no S/N because it was made prior to '68.

I regret selling every gun I ever bought.

It's one of those things, like TP. I have waaaay too much TP right now. But I only say that because it's readily available. If there was still no supply, I'd be kicking myself for not having bought even MORE TP.

That said, I had enough TP on hand for a year long before this started. It was part of my preps. I was vinidicated before the GF at the time for being forward thinking. :D

House and cars all paid for so not a money issue . Some good points here , what's another 20 years in the safe ? ,think I will hang on to them and hope that Beto doesn't get a chance to come take them away (from my cold dead hands).

Good on you!! You can always make more money, you can't always replace things....I'd keep them if I were you. I do understand the quagmire though, there IS a point where one can have too many contrary to popular quotes.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews