JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last April i came back from a 3 year overseas stint to a smaller house, ( last one had a concrete "gun room" ), so to get everything in safes, I started selling dust collectors that I could fairly easily replace- mostly modern, ubiquitous pistols like Glocks, CZ's HKs, and a few safe queen 1911's.
Some harder to find items- older 1950's S&W revolvers or gunsmith made pistols I'll keep. As far as EBR's - I have some that I frequently boat with, but others that have gone through BGC's I might sell if demand drives prices to silly levels....

I'm in the "sell/don't sell" quandary myself. Since I moved back to OR after being gone 40 years (career) I started buying like crazy in 2013. Many of the guns I bought were one's I owned or wanted to own when I had a wife & 2 small boys.

After listening to a firearms podcast a couple of years ago the guest speaker made a distinction between a "collector" and an "accumulator" and I was in the latter category. I recently sold 3 handguns that I'd never have fired and have more in that category. As I age & my muscles diminish due to having had Polio as a child more & more of my guns just sit in my safes. At one point I had 75 - 80 guns & thousands of rounds of ammo in all of the calibers I needed but as time went by I gave many of my guns & ammo to a son in CA via the Intrafamilial Transfer process so he owns quite a few guns he couldn't actually purchase there. 100% legal & although he has to register them it's $19 total for 1 or 15 guns. The catch is the recipient must be a direct relative - no stepchildren even though you may have been their parent since they were a few months old. I gave my son a pistol that he'll transfer to his wife via the CA Private Party process and there are a few rifles that can go to my Grandson now that he's 18. None of those scary ones that sneak out at night though - they can't be transferred / sold at all.

I recently sold about $1000 worth of ammo to 2 Nephews for what I paid for it. I keep detailed records in an Excel spreadsheet and although I probably could have made 50% more they're like two more sons, will use the ammo to train their children & while more money would be nice I'm not in a "need money" situation.

I was surprised at how much a Para Pro Combat has gone up on the used market. I'll probably put it on GB & even with fees, etc I'll probably net %40 more than I paid. I'm also surprised at what hasn't gone up more - BNIB S&W 39, BNIB High Standard Sport King (1st gun I ever owned) and others. I have a few guns I've sunk a lot of money into & there's no way I'll ever get out of them what I have in them unless Hillary wins in 2024. Those are keepers & in my Trust so my oldest son & some nephews will inherit them. Unfortunately I can't leave any guns to my youngest son b/c of mental health issues so he'll just get more of my actual $$$$.

Just checked - down to 45 guns & that includes the Remington .22 single shot I learned how to shoot with. That'd be a fun transfer to CA - no S/N because it was made prior to '68.

I regret selling every gun I ever bought.

It's one of those things, like TP. I have waaaay too much TP right now. But I only say that because it's readily available. If there was still no supply, I'd be kicking myself for not having bought even MORE TP.

That said, I had enough TP on hand for a year long before this started. It was part of my preps. I was vinidicated before the GF at the time for being forward thinking. :D

House and cars all paid for so not a money issue . Some good points here , what's another 20 years in the safe ? ,think I will hang on to them and hope that Beto doesn't get a chance to come take them away (from my cold dead hands).

Good on you!! You can always make more money, you can't always replace things....I'd keep them if I were you. I do understand the quagmire though, there IS a point where one can have too many contrary to popular quotes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top