JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Knew that September was too late for me to get what I thought I needed, but I gave it a hell of a run! I weighted the options and it boiled down to get them now for sure or wait and maybe not have the opportunity later. That justified me purchasing the way I did. Even charged some $h!t. So now I am stuck with all these new sticks and all this brass now...what am I going to do now?
Here's were the real panic begins!! ;)

My 'take' on the whole panic buying mode is simple - If you ran out and 'panic' bought something due to a political fear of it being sold out or banned etc. then you probably bought something you never had before, or you bought something you didn't really need, or simply bought because of the 'hype' - If you wanted it you should already have it, if you truly needed it you should already have it. Buying pragmatically to stock up on ammo, reloading supplies etc. because of a POTENTIAL sell out or shortage is smart - as long as it's something you USE and NEED but to irrationally buy something out of nothing more than a FEAR of it being banned is NOT rational - especially if you have never had it before or don't really need it. Example - I have no need or want for 'P-Mags' - am I going to run out to buy them purely on the unconfirmed possibility they might be banned? I don't think so.

I think he should consider building a "virtual wall" by making E-Verify the law of the land.
Without jobs available, there is no magnet for illegal immigration.

Obama basically instructed the Border Patrol to not engage and not detain. Well, all that's going to change now.

Any illegals convicted of a "true crime" SHOULD BE deported post haste.

As far as a path to citizenship for the (basically) law abiding citizens, there has to be consequences for breaking the US immigration laws. That means paying a steep fine in addition to filing for permanent residence status, passing a background check, filing back taxes, and basically coming into compliance with the law.

If you don't like it - then leave....

I've been saying this for years - you raise your children to respect the law - then you have to explain to them why the POTUS (Obama) is willing to let a great number of people get away with disregarding the law and even being rewarded for doing so.

THERE - I said it - - shoot me for speaking my mind

These people broke the law, Federal law by crossing the US border. How can you honestly call them law abiding? Basically law abiding???
I don't get it???
Make examples of them by giving them the choice to leave on their own then if they refuse then forcefably deport them!!!

This would be great to see these prices. So far, I have not seen any great price discounts but for the sale items that happened well before the election but prices did go up in some instances just before the election.
If no crazies shoot up any place anytime soon Id bet 4-6 months for the market to see normalization. Around tax season, (again if all goes well) they will all need to clear inventory.. Thats where we'll all cash in on sales :cool: if nothing happens by this summer (shootings) I bet the market will be flooded. I personally cant wait to see it so I can build a faux dissipator rifle on the cheap.. After my M1A of course. :D

"I think he should consider building a "virtual wall" by making E-Verify the law of the land.
Without jobs available, there is no magnet for illegal immigration."
I agree this far, but I need more convincing on your path to citizenship.... I had a son in the Border Patrol, and he's ICE now....deporting criminal aliens. What constitutes the definition of criminal alien is about to change.

Regarding the OP's question, I don't sell or give away anything firearms wise. I am not as well stocked as I'd like to be, but I have most of the common calibers covered. I have three high capacity handgun magazines enroute and that will be the last of my 2016 purchases I think.

Pretty much my philosophy now is to not sell anything (at least not until I can replace it off the books). I am not a scalper so I am not in it for profit, but rather to have something when there is another shortage or ban or other reason for the supplies to be more expensive and/or hard to get.

People selling now because of Trump are either scalpers or short sighted or they ran up their credit cards and are deciding that they need to make the payments.

I am in it for the long term. I don't sell so that I can get something new. I think long and hard about what it is that I want, and I can afford to get pretty much whatever I want, so unless I make a pretty big mistake, I am not inclined to sell what I have bought.

I haven't seen evidence of any "dumping" of "stashes" from gun owners due to the election's outcome...
...I have certainly have seen a lot of pants being dumped in because some can't mentally handle Hillery's loss!:confused:

Stinking Hoarders!

(Sigh) Guys the "problem" is seldom if ever hoarders. I learned a LONG time ago to not wait till I need something ammo or reloading to buy it. Many decades ago we went through the first of many primer "shortages". I leaned to keep several bricks of what I used. Powder? For most a few pounds is plenty to hold a long time. .22 ammo? LONG before the last panic I was buying by the case. When I saw a decent deal I bought more if I did not have at least 10K on hand. Price does not ever go down assuming you are paying normal price. Stuff will outlive you if stored well. So why people insist on waiting till they are out to go buy is beyond me.
The same with guns. As soon as this last panic hit some were screaming about scalpers and AR's. You could still get an AR for normal price but it was a lot of work. To the screamers I had to ask. If you wanted an AR why the hell did you wait for a panic to try and buy one?
Now there are AR's to be had cheaper than I remember ever seeing. How many are "on the fence" talking about buying one? Every time I hear one I say if you think you want one buy one now. When the next panic hits they will again be screaming about hoarders. I just don't get it.

Lucky people already had all they wanted, didn't get spooked by the rush into buying more "stash", and spent the "election days of agony" out on the range burning some IMR.;);)

(Sigh) Guys the "problem" is seldom if ever hoarders. I learned a LONG time ago to not wait till I need something ammo or reloading to buy it. Many decades ago we went through the first of many primer "shortages". I leaned to keep several bricks of what I used. Powder? For most a few pounds is plenty to hold a long time. .22 ammo? LONG before the last panic I was buying by the case. When I saw a decent deal I bought more if I did not have at least 10K on hand. Price does not ever go down assuming you are paying normal price. Stuff will outlive you if stored well. So why people insist on waiting till they are out to go buy is beyond me.
The same with guns. As soon as this last panic hit some were screaming about scalpers and AR's. You could still get an AR for normal price but it was a lot of work. To the screamers I had to ask. If you wanted an AR why the hell did you wait for a panic to try and buy one?
Now there are AR's to be had cheaper than I remember ever seeing. How many are "on the fence" talking about buying one? Every time I hear one I say if you think you want one buy one now. When the next panic hits they will again be screaming about hoarders. I just don't get it.

It's kind of hard to call collecting tangable goods as hoarding. If I want 100k rounds am I wrong for that? I purchase the same way anyone else can. If you don't then you can't be mad at the person who does. As far as the timing wether it's gradual or at one time, I spend my money the way I want regardless of how others feel. If I overpay so be it, do guns and ammo ever lose value? If your intent was to buy to sell and make a profit then you are probably kicking yourself now. Everything I got recently were things I wanted but didn't purchase previously. My personal intent was to be future proof, if that means I have things I can later sell in a crunch, I only see that as an added bonus

I agree with you, but I was one of those guys... I had a lot of financial woes from buying high and selling low with homes, but jobs drove that wheel so I had to dig out from under and then it was time to breathe and then the 2008 elections were upon us. I did buy a few months early and I paid less than full price. I had to sneak up on it though. I wanted a M1A SOCOM 2, but they were unavailable so I ordered a Short barreled 16" Armalite AR-10 for me and a Daniels Defense DDM4 V3 for the Warden (Who always wanted a "Rambo" gun)... Then I realized I needed a 5.56 myself so I bought a complete flattop upper from Armalite, a Delton bare lower receiver and was then afflicted with the AR disease. And on and on, but the point is circumstance got me started and then just fanned the flames. I have too many guns....There I said it. The truth is I do, but that itself is because you don't know what you need till you have some experience with some of the alternatives. Getting rid of something leaves a bad taste in my mouth, like it was a mistake or something. I have some guns I have never shot, some back to '68. Most I will Keep! A few might be worth my while to find a better home for but I will never again have the feeling that I might not be able to have what I need.

I see dumping from time to time. After Y2K there were a lot of people dumping their prepping supplies - as if there would never be another windstorm or earthquake/etc., just because they had prepped for Y2K and it fizzled.:rolleyes:

Short sighted. People dumping supplies because Trump was elected?

First, I trust Trump less than Clinton (I didn't vote for either one).

Second, what happens when Trump isn't in the white house anymore?

At best, the pendulum swings and I guarantee you that after 4 to 8 years of Trump, the populace will have had enough of the conservative right and vote for someone like Sanders.

Then there is the whole thing of state laws - those are not going away, and once in place they will only get worse.

If you live in Oregon it's a mistake to "dump your stash!"
By the time our ambidextrous governerette and the democrat controlled legislature finish with us the 2nd Amendment in Oregon will be badly injured if not dead!!!

Sheldon

If you live in Oregon it's a mistake to "dump your stash!"
By the time our ambidextrous governerette and the democrat controlled legislature finish with us the 2nd Amendment in Oregon will be badly injured if not dead!!!

Sheldon
Appointment of a couple of pro-2nd justices to the Supreme Court will fix Oregon's wagon.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top