JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Appointment of a couple of pro-2nd justices to the Supreme Court will fix Oregon's wagon.
No - the fight is local. Would take many years for the constitutionality of a state law to get to the Supreme Court. DC isn't coming to our aid. Even if some of Kates laws get passed, we need to resist in every way possible along the way. Letters, phone calls, and rallies may not change their minds, but it will let them know that they don't have a blank check.

Do not rely on the false hope that the feds are coming to save us. Not going to happen. And in the fairy tale land where it does happen, it's not at all like what we wanted. Be careful what you wish for!

No - the fight is local. Would take many years for the constitutionality of a state law to get to the Supreme Court. DC isn't coming to our aid. Even if some of Kates laws get passed, we need to resist in every way possible along the way. Letters, phone calls, and rallies may not change their minds, but it will let them know that they don't have a blank check.

Do not rely on the false hope that the feds are coming to save us. Not going to happen. And in the fairy tale land where it does happen, it's not at all like what we wanted. Be careful what you wish for!

I think you are underestimating the threat that having a supreme court stacked with Pro-gun judges is to the Anti-gun crowd. Not to mention the possibility of the 9th circuit court having more pro gun judges appointed to it as well. If Oregon passes bullbubblegum laws and they get taken to the supreme court and we win it would be worth a few years wait. Just to watch it become the law of the land.

Good points.
I would also like to state that I agree with all your points, that the fight is local and we should not stop just because we have a republican in office. I just see the possibility of a stacked supreme court in our favor and it makes me happy and tingly inside. I mean seriously, could you imagine gun and magazine bans, universal background checks and registration being struck down as unconstitutional.

I agree with you, but I was one of those guys... I had a lot of financial woes from buying high and selling low with homes, but jobs drove that wheel so I had to dig out from under and then it was time to breathe and then the 2008 elections were upon us. I did buy a few months early and I paid less than full price. I had to sneak up on it though. I wanted a M1A SOCOM 2, but they were unavailable so I ordered a Short barreled 16" Armalite AR-10 for me and a Daniels Defense DDM4 V3 for the Warden (Who always wanted a "Rambo" gun)... Then I realized I needed a 5.56 myself so I bought a complete flattop upper from Armalite, a Delton bare lower receiver and was then afflicted with the AR disease. And on and on, but the point is circumstance got me started and then just fanned the flames. I have too many guns....There I said it. The truth is I do, but that itself is because you don't know what you need till you have some experience with some of the alternatives. Getting rid of something leaves a bad taste in my mouth, like it was a mistake or something. I have some guns I have never shot, some back to '68. Most I will Keep! A few might be worth my while to find a better home for but I will never again have the feeling that I might not be able to have what I need.

Not knowing you want something is fine. I am CONSTANTLY finding some gun I had no idea I needed. A lot of them followed me home and I swear I don't know how it happened. :)
Seriously though that's not what I was talking about. An example was a guy at Wally, saw they had 2 base model AR's. $700 IIRC. Guy in front of him was buying both of them. He asked if he could buy one from him. The guy said sure, 2K. He was furious. I told him if you want an AR why wait till now? If you really want one the manufacturers are going full tilt making them. More will show up. No one can afford to stack them up in the garage. He was still blaming it all on the hoarder. It was not very long till you could get an AR for that price and less. Don't know if they guy then bought one or if he is still pouting. This is what I'm talking about. Unless you live where you can't mail order you can buy lots of .22 ammo. Guns are easily found again. Complaining about people who still stock up is to me a waste of time.

Don't forget who our governor is.

Sad, but true.

No - the fight is local.

Exactly. The anti-RKBA crew shifted their focus some years ago when it became clear nothing serious was going to get BHO's desk. California, New York, Colorado all come to mind as "victories" for their side. Then the background check bullplop happened here in the PNW with Washington then Oregon. They tried something similar and failed in Maine in this last election cycle. Alas, Oregon is likely to be in their sights next as the governor, in addition to being militantly anti-2A in general, has said as such.

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty, as the old saying goes.

I'm seeing a ton of brand new members with classified ads now.

When the great mag ban went in I did not even own a double stack 9. Bought one just to have one. Then laid in a lifetime supply of mags. Very soon ended up with another. Again LOT of mags. Flash forward 8+ years later I took a chance. I was fairly sure the ban was going to go with GW. So I started selling the mags on E-bay. It was at that time easy to mostly get around the 10 round limit with them. I made a KILLING on the mags. Of course I was playing the odds. I would not have been laughing if the ban had gone back in.
As for AR's I don't think I can remember seeing them as cheap as they are today. Anyone who bought during the panic is either going to have to hold it or take a loss most likely. I keep telling those who are "thinking" of buying one to buy it now though.

$19.00 for 200 rounds isn't too bad for what I see in prices where I live.
But I do hear ya , I remember the days of $10-15.00 dollars for 500 rounds and when a box of 50 rounds was .75 cents or so ....
Andy

I think you are underestimating the threat that having a supreme court stacked with Pro-gun judges is to the Anti-gun crowd. Not to mention the possibility of the 9th circuit court having more pro gun judges appointed to it as well. If Oregon passes bullbubblegum laws and they get taken to the supreme court and we win it would be worth a few years wait. Just to watch it become the law of the land.
9th Circuit recently ruled pot smokers can be barred from purchasing firearm, with the new change to purchasing form by BATF, even in states which have declared it legal, due to Federal prohibition. That made thousands if not millions of current gun owners ineligible to purchase. It will be interesting to see how the potheads make out in the end.

9th Circuit recently ruled pot smokers can be barred from purchasing firearm, with the new change to purchasing form by BATF, even in states which have declared it legal, due to Federal prohibition. That made thousands if not millions of current gun owners ineligible to purchase. It will be interesting to see how the potheads make out in the end.
Yes, but not really a change. ATF just clarified that Federal drug laws reign supreme even if pot is legal in your state, it is still illegal in the federal world. The 4473 is a Federal form.

Observed a few cases of PMAG's for sale the other day, 100 mags per case. Also observed a few 5K round lots of steel cased ammo for sale.

Seems to me people are a bit more relaxed now that there is much less risk of a Federal ban. Either that or these people are worried the prices will drop and their stuff will go down in value.

Seems to me this is a bit premature, we really don't know what Trump is going to do till he gets in the office and starts doing what he wants to do, I seem to remember he hung out with the liberals not so long ago, and I'm afraid that has not been completely rubbed off. The other thing is we have some really crazy people out there who don't want him in office, so I fervently hope the Secret Service is on their toes, there are people who really hate the man and would like to see him dead. I'm concerned that they will actually try to do something about it. God forbid!
He wasn't my first choice but he got my vote because not to would have been a vote for HER, and there was no way I would vote for a liar in chief knowingly. I just pray I haven't done so unknowingly!
Gabby
So I suggest you hold onto your stashes a while longer, say at least a year. then think of reducing it if you must. I would recommend doing so thru the barrels of your guns!

etrain16 just hit at something I will sort of Suggest to you quietly and sort of on the sly, Wink, Wink! Do what I do with these so called bans, Buy the needed items out of state and drive them back home on your onesome! Orygun ban's certain ammo, or institutes a tax on it, or a back ground check, drive across the state line and get it when you need it! Getting a Cap ban on mags in Washington state, drive to your constitution upholding state next door, and buy all you desire! Find all the loopholes in the system, and stick your big fat middle finger high in the air and yell rupyours bloody brownstain, UP THE REPUBLIC!!!

Shhhh they'll hear you! LOLOL

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads