JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Observed a few cases of PMAG's for sale the other day, 100 mags per case. Also observed a few 5K round lots of steel cased ammo for sale.

Seems to me people are a bit more relaxed now that there is much less risk of a Federal ban. Either that or these people are worried the prices will drop and their stuff will go down in value.

Only those that bought in bulk hoping to flip are getting out now. If the market stays unmolested by legislation prices will go down dramatically.
$8 Pmags, $5-8 C products mags, $10 AK mags, $250 complete uppers (generic)... It'll all level out soon so long as nothing crazy happens.

Im slowly seeing people sell their evil black firearms now.. Just waiting for that perfect deal loaded M1A to come my way.. (When I have the funds)..

My favorite are the sales after the scare is over when someone bought during the panic, and "just wants to get their money back." Sorry buddy, your DPMS Oracle isn't a $1500 gun by it's lonesome.

Observed the same exact trend as well starting with that huge case of pmags. Glad to see a lot of stores coming back down to earth with the 22lr stuff to. Still waiting for 22lr bricks to come back down to $20 or less.

I got my first firearm, a shotgun in 2010. Since then between what I have and what I've sold there's been about 20 firearms in total. Luckily only one was over priced, I paid $540 for an XD40. I hope those folks that were lead to the sport through politics have found something they really love. I've met many cool friends through the sport and have helped a few find this sport.

The guns I have I have no plans to sell or dump at a loss. I may give a family member one of my favorites because I know she won't (can't rationale) spend enough on a quality pistol. Obama and the majority of Dems either have a bunch of stock in the firearms business or are paid tools of antigun billionaires.

I got my first firearm, a shotgun in 2010. Since then between what I have and what I've sold there's been about 20 firearms in total. Luckily only one was over priced, I paid $540 for an XD40. I hope those folks that were lead to the sport through politics have found something they really love. I've met many cool friends through the sport and have helped a few find this sport.

The guns I have I have no plans to sell or dump at a loss. I may give a family member one of my favorites because I know she won't (can't rationale) spend enough on a quality pistol. Obama and the majority of Dems either have a bunch of stock in the firearms business or are paid tools of antigun billionaires.
ive been sayin that they all have stock in firearms companies for a while now!!! glad someone else agrees!

My favorite are the sales after the scare is over when someone bought during the panic, and "just wants to get their money back." Sorry buddy, your DPMS Oracle isn't a $1500 gun by it's lonesome.

I really like it when the price gougers at the shows would ask you what you paid for something before they bought it. How is that relevant? Why don't I make you an offer on your house that you bought in 1960 for the same price you paid for it then or less...Just a bunch of douche nozzles.

All ready seeing a price drop and parts/accessories availability improvement in just a week's time! I expect to see ammo prices dropping and the shelves filling back up! 5.56 M855 is all ready 10% cheaper then two weeks ago, and in a few weeks I might pick up more if the price goes down! Found 50 count boxes of American Eagle .22lr on the shelf for $2:30 a piece, No limits!!!!

Which brings us back to the first general rule of intelligent prepping, oft quoted but oft ignored:

Everything you do or acquire must (sooner or later) benefit your lifestyle, whether SHTF or not.

Of course there are exceptions to this rule, but as a whole it remains valid.

FP (forward purchases) - buying stocks of items you use regularly - is intelligent prepping. At essentially zero cost, because you would buy them eventually anyway. Food, water, hygiene supplies, clothing - you all know the drill.

Grossly overbuying in hope of a panic market is not prepping - it is investing (at best) or speculating (at worst). Sometimes it works. Some times it doesn't. Only sure way not to lose is not to play the game.

Because "If you can't afford to lose, you can't afford to gamble."

Yes, it's stating the obvious. But often-times that is needful.

I hasten to add I have invested in a few items (purchased during quieter times at extremely good prices) well in excess of my projected needs, for the purpose of profit, barter or helping my neighbors. One of my former clients with a similar stash calls it his "Redneck Retirement Fund." But these represent only a small portion of my holdings. And I never stock anything I would not use myself. No cheap, flimsy hi-cap magazines. No potmetal Chinese knives. Etc. So even if the bottom falls out of the gear market, the worst I'm left with is a slight over-abundance of something I can use anyway.

Weep not for those who drew to an inside straight and busted. You pays your money and you takes your chance. Welcome to the world of grownups.

"The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it." - From a Calvin & Hobbes cartoon

Calvin101122.gif

I'm not dumping anything right now. What self respecting gun owner couldn't use four Colt LE6920s and 50 loaded Pmags?
Exactly, stay the course. DJT may be about to start his cleaning house in DC but we still have to deal with the emotional knee jerk reaction crowd of Burdick, Prozanski, Brown and the rest. I would suggest keeping your cards close to your chest in the current climate.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top