JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had to laugh at this part. What an idiotic idea. People have already stopped watching NFL for their own reasons and I don't think anyone is so addicted to it as to even care whether they play or not.
Just shows how disconnected from reality these people are. They have no idea how anything works, yet they have all the solutions - that other people should implement and make the sacrifice.

it seems more times than not these psychologists are more screwed up than their own patients. The blind leading the blind...
And reading something like this pretty much solidifys it.

Celebrities, athletes and influencers speak out on their platforms on the need for common-sense gun reform.

I mean who among most gun owners really cares what these types have to say about anything.

There are too many people in this country, we are constantly importing more that do not have jobs and are always going to rely on handouts from the government (Thus the reason the Dems want to import them because they most likely will increase their voter base and keep them in power) Until we realize there will never be enough jobs for the amount of people out there we are never going to actually start being able to fix the problem. But as long as there are opportunistic selfish self-centered people in government that call the shots nothings going to change.
Well, I see plenty of help wanted signs and no serious applicants. I will agree that there are too many people tho.

Well, I see plenty of help wanted signs and no serious applicants. I will agree that there are too many people tho.
OK add to my original statement that there are jobs available but the owners can't possibly expect anyone to want to do them based off what they are willing to pay because they themselves (businesses) are hurting or simply don't wanna pay out a decent wage. And this goes back to my immigrant comment about people coming in who are willing to work for dirt thus driving down the wage earning of anyone else who's looking for a job.

"We all can do more to stop gun violence"

Yeah.....
you_can_do_it.jpg
Stop electing idiots.

Aloha, Mark

From Twitter: @Brick_Suit Aug 6

Enough debate. Get it already. It protects you and everyone in the community. It's been proven scientifically, mathematically and statistically to increase safety. The chances of side effects or accidents are statistically irrelevant. Quit being selfish and go purchase a firearm!
Just saw that this morning, from The Federalist! :s0140:

Enough debates.JPG

None of these articles ever address the fact that the vast majority of crime committed with guns are done so by felons who are already legally prohibited from possessing them. It's lunacy for people who've already made something illegal to think that passing another law will stop people who are already ignoring all the existing ones. Then again, gun control is never about stopping the criminal anyway. It's about the end game of confiscation from the American "law abiding" public.

None of these articles ever address the fact that the vast majority of crime committed with guns are done so by felons who are already legally prohibited from possessing them. It's lunacy for people who've already made something illegal to think that passing another law will stop people who are already ignoring all the existing ones. Then again, gun control is never about stopping the criminal anyway. It's about the end game of confiscation from the American "law abiding" public.
No truer words ever spoken my friend...

None of these articles ever address the fact that the vast majority of crime committed with guns are done so by felons who are already legally prohibited from possessing them.
Indeed. And you left out the probable fact that many of the gun crimes are committed by people that have impressive rap sheets and should ALREADY BE in jail!

I dated a psychology major. She turned out to be full blown nutzoid.
OK add to my original statement that there are jobs available but the owners can't possibly expect anyone to want to do them based off what they are willing to pay because they themselves (businesses) are hurting or simply don't wanna pay out a decent wage. And this goes back to my immigrant comment about people coming in who are willing to work for dirt thus driving down the wage earning of anyone else who's looking for a job.
Sorry, i didn't read the whole thread, but I agree. Jobs don't pay what they used to!

I fail to see any logic in what this person is saying in the article. Things like:

We reach out to gun owners to talk together, to look for common ground that would unite our energies to turn around this epidemic of gun violence and respect the right conferred by the Second Amendment and upheld by the U.S.

'Unite our energies to turn around this epidemic' What does this mean?

However, gun sales and shootings increase.

Interesting how gun 'sales' got connected to increased shootings.

You can believe we have cried. And that we have not been spared loss as a consequence of guns in the wrong hands. Neighbors, a niece, memories of daughters lost to suicide.

And she managed to sneak 'suicide' in here as well.

We are optimistic that increasing funds for research into gun violence will provide evidence to guide us.

Excellent idea - throw more money at it.

We are optimistic that increasing funds for research into gun violence will provide evidence to guide us.

Excellent idea - throw more money at it.

Before even spending the 10s no 100s of millions of dollars......Let's ask the great one, Carnac The Magnificent.

And as a reminder to everyone......

As a child of four can plainly see, that this envelope has been hermetically sealed. It's been kept in a mayonnaise jar, kept in a Funk and Wagnall's fort since noon today. NO ONE knows the contents of this envelope. But YOU and your mystical and borderline divine way will ascertain the answer. Having NEVER FORESEEN the question.

Carnac.jpg

Criminals be Criminals

And now he tears open the envelope and reads the question......

"What is the #1 cause of the rampant gun violence in America's streets?"

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Indeed. And you left out the probable fact that many of the gun crimes are committed by people that have impressive rap sheets and should ALREADY BE in jail!
That point was proven not that long ago in Seattle when a shooting event occurred and both men involved (they were shooting at each other but in typical gang fashion managed to hit people but not sho they were aiming for) were felons with long rap sheets.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top