JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never said they are never at fault. I just want the facts before I jump to conclutions unlike others that think every cop is on the take or just out to kill people legally most of these people are the rumor inflating gossip mongers. Yes there are a lot of cops that shouldn`t be cops and that will never change but since I don`t have a magic foil hat to tell me something happened when I was not there I am not going to start telling people what happened or why people did or what they were thinking when I don`t know. I prefer not to talk out of my *** like others.

Good post.

I wish the good cops would hold the bad cops, the bad DA's and the bad judges accountable. Then we could have a justice system I would wholeheartedly defend and be proud of.

Its not that one bad Apple is spoiling the bunch.

The barrel's rotten.

Dang. What is it with this over-generalization baloney?

As mentioned previously my son-in-law is a LEO. We were talking about shifts and vacation and how all that worked out. He was pretty happy at one point because he was in a good position to bid on a different schedule. Then, over time several guys junior to him were fired for a variety of reasons but they all boiled down to dishonesty and lack of profesional ethics.

I don't think I'm over generalizing.

I think people come to law enforcement with pure intentions.

I just think the way we have it set up in this country leads "good",people to do bad things.

In Portland specifically, the cops are out of control.

It's their training and culture, not the individual.

Therefore my analogy.

Oversight of police by citizens would change a lot for the better.

Ya then the libs in this state can talk the cops into giving up thier guns then they can come after ours. Have you all learned nothing in the last 4 years of voter stupidity.

Ya lets just have more repeated history that does not work.

Philadelphia police probe video that purports to show brutality | Fox News

Another fine example of outright abuse by a fellow officer and other LEO's doing nothing about it. Even after watching this video I bet you the other LEO's or our "Justice" system will not hold this punk accountable.

"Lt. Ray Evers, a Philadelphia Police Department spokesman, told the Philadelphia Daily News police officials are "fully aware" of the video and that an Internal Affairs investigation has been opened. Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey, who is in San Diego for a conference, is also aware of the video, Evers said."

It will be ruled to have been with in proper police procedure. Just watch.

Ya then the libs in this state can talk the cops into giving up thier guns then they can come after ours. Have you all learned nothing in the last 4 years of voter stupidity.

Ya lets just have more repeated history that does not work.

The founders stated flatly that no nation could remain free when the populace becomes immoral

Citizen calls cops for help, same citizen ends up shot dead. There's a problem with this scenario, no matter what the details are.

If dispatch KNEW the guy was armed, and KNEW he was in a state of fear for his life, then they should have communicated that to the responding officers, and the officers should have been trained to know the difference between responding to that and responding to hostility. no matter that the old man had a gun. We are constantly told how officers' superior training is the difference of why we allow them to have firearms and why it's so important to background-check and license and control all civilians... let's see some evidence of this superior training.

The old man wasn't wandering around looking for someone to victimize. He was frightened and confused. Legally, being in fear for your life is justificaiton for deadly force- from the perspective of what the accused knew at the time. If it had gone th other way and the old man had shot a cop, there's a reasonable defence for that under the law (even tho we all know the law is not applied evenly when the cops are on the other side from you.)

If your home is not inviolate, then what is? Police should not be so bloody eager to invade someone's home who hasn't harmed anyone else. If they had simply backed off, maybe had dispatch call the home and let the guy know that police were outside and that he needed to put the gun down, maybe they could have defused the situation without blowing away someone's grandfather. There's an entire tree of decisions that led to this. Byt the time that decision tree was pruned down to drop the gun/raise the gun, the situation has already gone pear-shaped and may have been irretrievable. But there were literally thousands of minute decisions made that led to that situation before the stakes were raised that high and before the choices were limited to killing him.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top