Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

screwed on a buy

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by xtratoy, Jun 23, 2011.

1. xtratoy

xtratoy Vancouver USA Active Member

Is there a specific area to post when you have been screwed on a deal with a forum member so that other members can avoid getting shafted by this person. Or is the only option a negative in their feedback..

2. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

whats the story

3. xtratoy

Bought some items in the reloading section, sent a MO on the 10 of june. PM'ed seller payment on the way that same day. Never heard zip from seller until I called his number on the 17th. He said he would get it mailed. Have tried PM'ing and phoning ( left a message )with no response.

4. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

PM the members name to me.

5. xtratoy

I have been contacted by the seller and it seems as if the problem is being remedied. Thanks for your offer to help. I will keep you in mind if items don't show soon.

6. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Never do a sale, even from Ebay, regular mail. Always use some sort of confirmed delivery.

7. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

i find it best to use "USPS" money orders ,and keep receipt.... also make sure it is confirmed !! + receiver can cash it right at post office
    "usps" money orders are backed by the FED'S--they are the "go-getem-er's" this falls in line with "mail fraud" also protects the seller if something should arise .

my thoughts only.....steven

8. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

some folks just don't 'get er done' in a timely manner,which makes the buyer real nerveous,because he/she has sent the money and wants their stuff.
    I'm in that situtation right now,but the seller has answered my pm's and it looks like everything will work out,hope urs does also.

9. vmkeith

vmkeith Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

I've never bought anything from a fellow forum member, on any forum I lurk in. However, it would make sense to ask questions regarding his schedule to get an idea if there will be any delays in communication, payment, or shipping. An example, he could work nights and only has time to finalize payment and ship on his days off.

As we all know it's always a buyer beware situation...just my :twocents: