Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

School Shooting

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by decklin, Apr 27, 2015.

1. decklin

decklin WA Well-Known Member

2. Jaybo

Jaybo Olympia Washington Member

Shots were reported this morning at North Thurston High School in Lacey WA this morning. The shooter was apprehended by school staff. There are no reported injuries. Police are currently on the scene and school will be released once Police clear the area. Story Developing..... - A Student fired at least one shot into the air, was tackled by staff, and held for the police. - The school is now closed for the rest of the day. Chinook middle school is still open. (adjacent school).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    BoonDocks36, Stomper and RicInOR like this.
  3. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Glad no one was hurt!

BoonDocks36, mrblond, Stomper and 4 others like this.
  4. Wayne

Wayne Near Tacoma Active Member

I thought I 594 ended these things :(

Dyjital, decklin, BoonDocks36 and 7 others like this.
  5. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

They will just find another "feel good" way to punish law abiding citizens to make it look like they are doing something. It's easier to pick on us because we follow the rules and don't get violent. Criminals on the other hand could hurt you...

6. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Glad everyone is alright! Wonder what flavor of " my life's sooo sad, and it's everyone's fault" it is today. A cry for help! Be nice if he went out to the back forty and helped himself.

Quacky88, decklin, Stomper and 4 others like this.
  7. rustedangel

rustedangel Portland New Member

A coworker of mine's son goes to this school. He was on his way to school, but turned around when he saw large numbers of students exiting the building rapidly. I'm very glad no one was hurt.

I'm sure this incident will be used, as all other crimes involving firearms are, in the disarmament movement's attempts to further restrict 2A rights. I hope they don't gain any traction.

8. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

How could this have happened? Washington has UBC! I'm so confused! :confused:

Dyjital, BoonDocks36, albin25 and 2 others like this.
  9. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

We'll follow the "rules" as long as they're "followable", until the day they're well and truly not.

3MTA3 likes this.
  10. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

16 YOA with a handgun - can you say mom or dad's drawer/closet/loose gun lying around?

Stomper and BoonDocks36 like this.
  11. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

At one time we were children until 13, then it gradually worked it's way up to 18 before you were considered responsible enough to make decisions. Now they are children at 30 and inching upwards. I reloaded ammunition at 12 - you didn't need a safe to protect me or any of the kids I grew up with. We knew where the guns were and treated them with respect. Whatever is going on it isn't exactly evolution.

12. LaserMan

LaserMan Eugene, OR Active Member

See, if only the UBC was enacted earlier this near tragedy wouldn't have happened...

13. RVTECH

Because we were taught that - nowadays youth are being taught guns are dangerous, unnecessary items worthy of nothing more than massive control up to complete elimination. They (guns) no longer occupy a position in the 'way of life' but have been maligned into an item associated with crime, death and destruction.

Stomper, BoonDocks36 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  14. Kid@Heart

Kid@Heart Vancouver, USA Cynic Lifetime Supporter Diamond Supporter

Safe Storage Legislation is coming.

Stomper, decklin and BoonDocks36 like this.
  15. Kid@Heart

Kid@Heart Vancouver, USA Cynic Lifetime Supporter Diamond Supporter

Along with warrantless searches to "Inspect and Verify" storage compliance.

decklin and BoonDocks36 like this.
  16. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Smart kid! I'm glad!

17. RVTECH

Yea uh huh - heed my words - sometime in the future the antis WILL admit UBCs are doing nothing to stop the unlawful use of guns - and will use it as a 'stepping stone' to the next level - whatever that may be.

Stomper and decklin like this.
  18. Jaybo

Jaybo Olympia Washington Member

The anti-gun crowd is slowly making headway in making all guns appear "evil" and only used for a single purpose.. mass killings. I just finished building my AR15 and the first thing out of my wife's mouth was... "oh... great.... the only thing I see when I look at that is ISIS, Al-Qaeda, and terrorists...".... Ugh.... I have a long way to go to get her to realize this isn't the case, but with everything shown on the news, and how the media portrays any and all guns.. I don't see this changing anytime soon......... Gonna take her out shooting this weekend... should be fun! *sigh* This incident does nothing to help.......

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    meener777 likes this.
  19. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

http://bit.ly/1jfNTX4
    (Kidding)

Have fun. My wife was like that too and she has changed. It's been 11.5 years married and she is seeing the world it should be seen. Well actually she relies on me to filter important from unimportant with unbiased & neutral views.