JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Possession of them will be a Class B Felony. As the bill is currently written there is no provision to add a serial to and existing unserialized firearm in your possession.

I doubt they are being used often in crime.
It's a way to turn law abiding Oregonians into felons, and we all know that felons aren't allowed under the law to possess firearms... So they'll need to be confiscated... It's just a back door to destroy citizens Second Amendment rights...

Here is a short clip of what I put in my emails;
One of my concerns is that I have a .22 that my grandpa gave me and it is old enough to not have a serial number. This bill from my understanding would now make it illegal to own. How would you feel if your possessions from your grandparents are now illegal because the ruling party in this state doesn't like them.
Probably took it to a personal level but Owell.

It's going to the floor.
No surprise. Any idea when? Now our opposition campaign will need to cover a lot more ground.

Is that a steamroller coming down the road, nah it's just the super maj ramming gun control down our...

We only had to convince one person to vote no today. Now the job will become much much more difficult. Can we rally SB 941 x10 opposition now or has that fire left our bellies

Last Edited:
Many of these politicians claim to be pro-2nd because they have a gun, too. Most end up having some old family heirloom. And a good chance something without a serial number.

Find out if they do (old firearm, not if its serialized or not). And then come back with the reveal about pre 1968 firearms, and if they know they are voting to make themselves a felon.

I am going to focus on the GOP and some of the pro-gun democrats to see if they can get some amendments passed clean up the language of the bill. For example, there isn't a registration of completed lowers so they would be making some of my guns illegal without compensation. Possibly narrow some of the prohibited places to carry firearms, because the language is vague. I will get back to the democrats later, but I do not want to neglect the people who can help us make this bill not quite as egregious.

Last Edited:
This thing is a total POS, but at least it doesn't declare an emergency---so we can petition
to put it to a vote of the people.

Anybody else notice that the standards for locks etc are due by Jan 1 2020, but the bill goes into effect 91
days after the session closes? That's about 3 months that we would be required to comply with
standards that may not even exist yet.

Yes. And with the way he has been treated lately, maybe he wouldn't mind sticking the "progressives" in the eye?
I think we need to send him some letters of encouragement and see if we can't get some cooperation from him. We need to try and get a consensus from Republicans on whether they will participate in denying a quorum too.

Yes. And with the way he has been treated lately, maybe he wouldn't mind sticking the "progressives" in the eye?
Is this one of the progressives you are referring too:
This is our moment to really declare Oregon blue. I mean, I think that's the message we got from voters, but now we need to deliver on the public policy side, right?" Jillian Schoene, co-executive director of candidate training organization Emerge Oregon, told guests at a City Club of Portland forum days after the election. "I just want to point out that those of us on this side still have Peter Courtney to deal with. He needs to step up or step aside. We are ready to get stuff done."

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top