JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
well thats dumb. So just like I edited, I personally should be fine since I had them already engraved with a serial when I bought the 80%s. Means the manufacturer did it. But had I laying around an unserialized 80% that would then be illegal? correct? Not saying to break the law or show intend but how they know if something was serialized by the 80% mfg or at home??? And if I'd need an FFL for an 80% why would I bother and not just get a 100%? less work lol

well thats dumb. So just like I edited, I personally should be fine since I had them already engraved with a serial when I bought the 80%s. Means the manufacturer did it. But had I laying around an unserialized 80% that would then be illegal? correct? How would they know if something was serialized by the 80% mfg or at home???
Correct. Technically your other 80% lowers might not be legal either since the manf probably isn't keeping records but it's doubtful if any fuzz will care unless the firearms are used in a crime

well thats dumb. So just like I edited, I personally should be fine since I had them already engraved with a serial when I bought the 80%s. Means the manufacturer did it. But had I laying around an unserialized 80% that would then be illegal? correct? Not saying to break the law or show intend but how they know if something was serialized by the 80% mfg or at home??? And if I'd need an FFL for an 80% why would I bother and not just get a 100%? less work lol

They will still be illegal. The manufacture never adhere to federal guidelines for manufacturing a firearm because it wasn't a gun. Also them putting your information on an 80% receiver would still outside this bill.

They will still be illegal. The manufacture never adhere to federal guidelines for manufacturing a firearm because it wasn't a gun. Also them putting your information on an 80% receiver would still outside this bill.
Geezus.... unbelievable. Exactly, it wasn't a gun but just a piece of metal. But for all intents and purposes I COULD produce invoces that show that it indeed was serialized by mfg. If they keep track or not *shrugs*

I just want to throw this out there, but

you can buy 80% lowers that are already engraved with a serial number, like below:

pix796742378.jpg

At some point, "good enough" is "good enough" regarding compliance.

So, I have a 1950s mossberg bolt action .22 and a 1915 vintage pump .22. Neither one had a serial number from the factory.

I believe I have a westernfield 20 ga. bolt action shotgun with the same problem.

None of those are the evil black rifles.

Jack

So, I have a 1950s mossberg bolt action .22 and a 1915 vintage pump .22. Neither one had a serial number from the factory.

I believe I have a westernfield 20 ga. bolt action shotgun with the same problem.

None of those are the evil black rifles.

Jack
Doesn't matter to Antis. They want firearms that are traceable from factory to first sale. You can take those firearms to Benchmade and they will take care of them for you.

I just want to throw this out there, but

you can buy 80% lowers that are already engraved with a serial number, like below:

View attachment 567514

At some point, "good enough" is "good enough" regarding compliance.
I would think that would look good enough to the average beat cop. I think unless the firearm is used in a crime and it has a serial number like the one in the photo you will probably be good to go. Not sure if it will present any problems if you try to transfer it?

I would think that would look good enough to the average beat cop. I think unless the firearm is used in a crime and it has a serial number like the one in the photo you will probably be good to go. Not sure if it will present any problems if you try to transfer it?

Transfers shouldn't be an issue either, because they don't track transfers across some huge cross-referenced database or anything insane, although I shouldn't try to give anyone ideas.

Yeah something like that would be "good enough." I don't have 80 lowers, but if I did, and this was going to pass, I'd get some more akin to those I linked above and go from there. Figuring I'm not a prohibited person, I'm legal enough to pass a sniff test or whatever.

Ok if this hasn't already been said today, they postponed the work session for SB 978 until tomorrow because they didn't have the fiscal on it. So that means we have today to send in more letters. Let's flood them with quantity rather than quality. Maybe do a paragraph or two and send numerous emails rather then one long email. I would stick to emailing these four as the other three are going to vote no:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

We should for sure attack the fact that the unserialized firearms are going to be illegal (Class B Felony) with no grandfather provisions. Then whatever else you don't like in the bill. Use the bcc line of your email to save time sending out the emails to all four Senators at once. @tiggers97 and I talked with Sen. Thatchers Policy Guy and he said volume matters we really have to flood their inboxes and phones too if you lean that way. The sooner the better. My suggestion is to reference that your opposed to, or vote no on SB 978 in the subject line

Go get em

Transfers shouldn't be an issue either, because they don't track transfers across some huge cross-referenced database or anything insane, although I shouldn't try to give anyone ideas.

Yeah something like that would be "good enough." I don't have 80 lowers, but if I did, and this was going to pass, I'd get some more akin to those I linked above and go from there. Figuring I'm not a prohibited person, I'm legal enough to pass a sniff test or whatever.
The bigger problem is all the older rifles that don't have serial numbers. The owners of those will be out of luck if they don't add a grandfather clause to the bill.

Should produce an email for each talking point on the latest amendment to SB978, a paragraph or two, clearly and concisely defining your point of view, reason for objection and any research facts you have that are pertinent.

Following that process should be good for at least a half dozen emails each...

Let's get them flooded with opposition, it's the only way to get these bills killed off... Our best bet is to stop this in committee. If it comes out of committee for a full vote, we'll have our work cut out for us. Then we'll have to work the pro-gun legislators to deny the anti-gun legislators a quorum...

See I know for a fact that they dont reed reed mine. I send them with delivery confirmation and always get a "was deleted without being read" return. So I made sure that the Subject line was clear that its opposing the bill

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top