JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sent another letter today to Sen Thatcher. I looked at the list of committee members and there were none from my district. I was surprised they had a few republicans on the committee. Overall, if they get a letter or call from someone outside their district I feel it's easy to ignore them.

Looks like the Oregon Dems are dead set on ignoring the constitution. It is time to figure out which senator owns what business or property and put some pressure on them. They love attacking advertisers that support conservative issues.

Alright. I have send about...9 emails :)
Very nice! Thank you.

I resent my 5 part testimony in 5 different to the four Senators emails so 20 emails. I posted on numerous facebook pages and a few reddit subs asking others to send emails too. Spread the word. They really do want to take our guns.

Last Edited:
Oregon Constitution Bill of Rights, Section 27: Right to bear arms; military subordinate to civil power. The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence (sic) of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power [.]. Just maybe this has implications for 978 and 979? So citizen's between 18-20 are lawfully protected under the Bill of Rights, Section 27. Maybe the committee should be mindful and reminded countless times. i just sent them a note on this.

This all really is a Civics leason. I should have taken better notes in 1982 but I never thought that American state government would be so blatantly corrupt. One thing good ol Nancy Pelosi pointed out, pay back is a she dog. Not necessarily Oregon anytime soon, but turn about is fair play. Usually the political pendulum swings back but things are so far left, this time it might actually break.

I don't see anything that will help us. Still no grandfather clause or ability to register 80% milled to 100% receivers, which would mean all of my SBRs registered with the NFA would be Class B Felonies :mad:

I sent another round of letters to all the committee members tonight and sent emails to my email "friends" list to do the same. They clearly are getting hammered by us and don't like it.

The meeting materials from April 2nd committee meeting showed only 3 pages (50ish) of people signed up to testify in support of SB 978 - by contrast there were 14 pages of people signed up to testify against it - roughly 5:1

I think these antics (delays, amendments, etc) are designed to mess with us so they can pass the crap when we slip up, Therefore, WE CAN'T SLIP UP! Stay on them like white on rice. Email, call, whatever it takes :s0037:

RKBA

Another round of emails out to the Senate Judiciary committee tonight as well... we gots to keep the pressure up... They need to understand they're overstepping their authority, and perhaps were poised to remove them from office...

Maybe pass this on: Oregon Constitution Bill of Rights, Section 27 Right to Bear Arms vs SB 978: Hey law abiding 18-20 years olds do not have the right to bear arms as provided in the constitution (SB 978 Section 1) and do not have the right to bear arms for defence of them selves in most public places (SB 978, Section 25).

I sent another round of letters to all the committee members tonight and sent emails to my email "friends" list to do the same. They clearly are getting hammered by us and don't like it.

The meeting materials from April 2nd committee meeting showed only 3 pages (50ish) of people signed up to testify in support of SB 978 - by contrast there were 14 pages of people signed up to testify against it - roughly 5:1

I think these antics (delays, amendments, etc) are designed to mess with us so they can pass the crap when we slip up, Therefore, WE CAN'T SLIP UP! Stay on them like white on rice. Email, call, whatever it takes :s0037:

RKBA
Thank you for sending more letters. We really have to get more organized, engaged, invested, etc because this poo train is not going to stop until we get rid of the majority.

They need to be serialized from the manufacturer. This was my interpretation of previous amendments and they clarified it with amendment 4. No grandfathering, no provision to apply serial number for existing firearms owned. It sucks!

Curious about how this deals with guns with no serial numbers. It exempts pre 1899 antiques--but serial numbers
were not required until 1968. I have several 22 rifles with no serial number.

Anybody know how many crimes have been committed with guns built from 80%
lowers? Suspect it's a very small number.

Curious about how this deals with guns with no serial numbers. It exempts pre 1899 antiques--but serial numbers
were not required until 1968. I have several 22 rifles with no serial number.

Anybody know how many crimes have been committed with guns built from 80%
lowers? Suspect it's a very small number.
Possession of them will be a Class B Felony. As the bill is currently written there is no provision to add a serial to and existing unserialized firearm in your possession.

I doubt they are being used often in crime.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews