JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hahaha nice to reference to anal sex. Don't think we need to go there. But do you honestly think that in states that are as liberal as Oregon and Washington that people are going to uproot their entire lives because of this new law? I agree money speaks volumes. But if people actually did do these things I mentioned, the population would be moving toward the middle of the country. But that doesn't really happen.

It's just the beginning, do you think this is all they are going to do?

No I agree, this is just the beginning. But really the main tool we have is our vote. As far as not spending our money in Oregon, that's just not realistic. People need to get fed up enough with the entire way our state is being run. Not just one law. That's when change will occur.

No I agree, this is just the beginning. But really the main tool we have is our vote. As far as not spending our money in Oregon, that's just not realistic. People need to get fed up enough with the entire way our state is being run. Not just one law. That's when change will occur.

No offense now but look around you, how did the vote work out in Washington state, Komiefornia, Colorado, New Jersey and here in Oregon? People better wake up and smell the coffee, there is no way we are going to win the vote. Only real vote you have is your money and if people are unwilling to sacrifice now then it will be confiscation down the road. Better to fight in a peaceful manner now than having them come to your house later.

No offense now but look around you, how did the vote work out in Washington state, Komiefornia, Colorado, New Jersey and here in Oregon? People better wake up and smell the coffee, there is no way we are going to win the vote. Only real vote you have is your money and if people are unwilling to sacrifice now then it will be confiscation down the road. Better to fight in a peaceful manner now than having them come to your house later.

I see that there are two choice - fight through the political process or try to financially impact the state. Consider what it costs people to vote - nothing, vs. giving up on goods and services they use every day. If you wanted to impact the state financially, maybe you could do it, but you'd need massive support, people all committed to doing just that, and it would probably take years, if not decades to have an impact. CA's financial woes didn't happen overnight.

I do believe the vote is still a valid and effective method. The problem is they are better organized at getting the vote out than we are. Now maybe, just maybe, once word gets around to folks about SB941 - the folks that really haven't been paying close attention, maybe enough will get pissed off to get active. I believe we have the numbers to make an impact. Heck, the governor's race last year was close, he didn't get a landslide victory, and that was encouraging to me. I still think there is a chance for the vote to work, but every person that refuses to cast a ballot or jumps ship makes it less likely we can succeed. It's hard to get motivated and to see a brighter future after experiencing some losses, but thankfully that doesn't have to cement our future in place. Is it bleak right now? Heck yeah. But I don't think it's a lost cause, rather far from it.

I don't know if it's true or not, but just my observation on NWFA - the differences in activity for I-594 vs. SB941. It seems to me, again just to my eyes, that there was a lot more activity, a lot more people getting involved in fighting this thing. And I'm happy to see that. Maybe there is still a chance. But if people keep telling everyone their vote doesn't matter and that it's a lost cause, how are we going to have a chance?

Contact your local gun stores an encourage them to refuse to perform SB-941 background checks. Boycott the stores that use SB-941 to line their pockets.

If we can make SB-941 background checks impossible to perform it'll piss of the gun owners that supported this bill, show that it is ineffective, and give people a defense in court if they get charged with a violation.

I see that there are two choice - fight through the political process or try to financially impact the state. Consider what it costs people to vote - nothing, vs. giving up on goods and services they use every day. If you wanted to impact the state financially, maybe you could do it, but you'd need massive support, people all committed to doing just that, and it would probably take years, if not decades to have an impact. CA's financial woes didn't happen overnight.

I do believe the vote is still a valid and effective method. The problem is they are better organized at getting the vote out than we are. Now maybe, just maybe, once word gets around to folks about SB941 - the folks that really haven't been paying close attention, maybe enough will get pissed off to get active. I believe we have the numbers to make an impact. Heck, the governor's race last year was close, he didn't get a landslide victory, and that was encouraging to me. I still think there is a chance for the vote to work, but every person that refuses to cast a ballot or jumps ship makes it less likely we can succeed. It's hard to get motivated and to see a brighter future after experiencing some losses, but thankfully that doesn't have to cement our future in place. Is it bleak right now? Heck yeah. But I don't think it's a lost cause, rather far from it.

I don't know if it's true or not, but just my observation on NWFA - the differences in activity for I-594 vs. SB941. It seems to me, again just to my eyes, that there was a lot more activity, a lot more people getting involved in fighting this thing. And I'm happy to see that. Maybe there is still a chance. But if people keep telling everyone their vote doesn't matter and that it's a lost cause, how are we going to have a chance?

Friend we are allies in the same fight so don't take anything I say as offensive but Washington state proved voting means nothing. In my opinion it's time to fight by other means. There is no fear of the voters in an election or they would not have pushed sb941 through in the illegal way they did. Time to hurt them with a boycott or just lay down and take it because voting has proven to be a loser over and over again.

Contact your local gun stores an encourage them to refuse to perform SB-941 background checks. Boycott the stores that use SB-941 to line their pockets.

If we can make SB-941 background checks impossible to perform it'll piss of the gun owners that supported this bill, show that it is ineffective, and give people a defense in court if they get charged with a violation.

Every time people buy a gun under the system it gives them money to operate. It's registration before confiscation and you are paying the state to set up a system to confiscate your guns. No thanks.

Do you shop on Amazon?

Friend we are allies in the same fight so don't take anything I say as offensive but Washington state proved voting means nothing. In my opinion it's time to fight by other means. There is no fear of the voters in an election or they would not have pushed sb941 through in the illegal way they did. Time to hurt them with a boycott or just lay down and take it because voting has proven to be a loser over and over again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at your or anyone else, just expressing my point of view on the matter. You and I are both upset by the outcome and we have differing opinions on how we may be able to fight back. In the end, it will probably be a combination of both. In that, we're both in the same fight, and that's a good thing.

I do still believe there are voters that aren't well informed about these issues and have sat on the sidelines or voted for something like I-594, not knowing what it would actually do to them. We've already heard stories about that here on NWFA. Couple that with the counter-bill attempt in Washington that probably wasn't a really great idea in the first place and confused a lot of voters into voting the wrong way, and it was a bad confluence of issues at one time.

If we can find a way to mobilize our supporters, and to point out the other garbage these guys are pulling in Salem (noting, specifically how they continue to fail to fund law enforcement and mental health as was called out numerous times yesterday), we may be able to even sway some folks our way. I truly do believe it's not a lost cause and will take all the support we can get. I have a feeling some voters are getting a wake-up call this session as to what their previous voting decisions are going to cost them. I say we welcome them back with open arms and show Salem we can still get things done.

And how did Washington prove voting means nothing? It proved that a majority wanted BGC. Pretty simple

It proved you have people who will vote away your rights and freedom. It proved they are willing to make you pay to sell your personal property. Voting only shows what the majority want, not what is right.

And how did Washington prove voting means nothing? It proved that a majority wanted BGC. Pretty simple

I'm not sure I entirely agree. From what I've read since it's passage, it was clear many people that voted for it had no clue what they were actually getting. They bought the lie and got screwed in the process. I suspect if more people really knew what was going on, and if that competing bill hadn't provided even more confusion, it may not have passed. But that's just an armchair quarterback point of view. Take it for what it's worth.

I've talked to many people about this boycott that are all in for it. Yet they still buy things from those states.

I just fail to see what you're calling for people to do.

I'm not sure I entirely agree. From what I've read since it's passage, it was clear many people that voted for it had no clue what they were actually getting. They bought the lie and got screwed in the process. I suspect if more people really knew what was going on, and if that competing bill hadn't provided even more confusion, it may not have passed. But that's just an armchair quarterback point of view. Take it for what it's worth.

People keep bringing up the lack of knowledge on the issues. You are assuming they even care to know. There are issues out there that I really just don't care either way on, (weed, gay marriage). So I'm not driven to fight for them or against them. Same way with the gun issue.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at your or anyone else, just expressing my point of view on the matter. You and I are both upset by the outcome and we have differing opinions on how we may be able to fight back. In the end, it will probably be a combination of both. In that, we're both in the same fight, and that's a good thing.

I do still believe there are voters that aren't well informed about these issues and have sat on the sidelines or voted for something like I-594, not knowing what it would actually do to them. We've already heard stories about that here on NWFA. Couple that with the counter-bill attempt in Washington that probably wasn't a really great idea in the first place and confused a lot of voters into voting the wrong way, and it was a bad confluence of issues at one time.

If we can find a way to mobilize our supporters, and to point out the other garbage these guys are pulling in Salem (noting, specifically how they continue to fail to fund law enforcement and mental health as was called out numerous times yesterday), we may be able to even sway some folks our way. I truly do believe it's not a lost cause and will take all the support we can get. I have a feeling some voters are getting a wake-up call this session as to what their previous voting decisions are going to cost them. I say we welcome them back with open arms and show Salem we can still get things done.

The difference in our approach is you want to wake up voters who all ready voted away your rights and I want to wake up the lawmakers that are stealing them. I have lived in this state all my life and watched the voting go against us in most of the elections so I see no hope in waking up voters. Lawmakers do understand money and if we make a big dent that will wake them up and the voters.

The difference in our approach is you want to wake up voters who all ready voted away your rights and I want to wake up the lawmakers that are stealing them. I have lived in this state all my life and watched the voting go against us in most of the elections so I see no hope in waking up voters. Lawmakers do understand money and if we make a big dent that will wake them up and the voters.

I do think it's still possible to wake them up. Only time will tell if that's actually the case. My hope is that we can, working collectively, wake up a lot of voters and get them to actually vote, we'll also wake up the bozos in Salem. But whatever way gets them to worry or panic is good with me. I don't think it has to be either/or, it really should be both. Oh, and what a message that would send :)

I've talked to two people already today that didn't even know about SB941. Once I informed them, they were mad. Too late for this one, but two more voters to get involved in the next round. And it was as simple as a 5 minute discussion.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top