JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have grown weary and have given up on Oregon. :( Wifey and I made a plan to leave my home State of nearly six decades for a more 2A friendly location. Met with a realtor and put the plan in motion. I'm a native Oregonian and I am just sick of our state Government. Leaving behind other family: sibling, kids, grandkids, and cousins. Tough decision but see no other way. Not gonna stick around and wait for our state to turn us into criminals just by the passage of tyrannical laws. :mad: Also not going to surrender the couple remaining firearms I have left following that tragic boating accident. :rolleyes: This isn't an idle threat like so many celebrities made prior to the election of Donald Trump, it is necessary relocation. F#@&ing Anti-gunners! Rant over. Peace to you all.

Me, my wife, and her family are going to get together and figure out where we are going to go. I have been investigating Oklahoma because of good prices and can get a bit of land for less than here. Also, it is a pretty red state and just gained Constitutional Carry. So I'm kind of leaning that way. Plus, on the latest tax list of highest and lowest taxed states they come out at #40. So very low tax burden. I know I have to be concerned about tornadoes but I think I'd rather take my chances with them than with the Oregon Super Majority controlled Legislature.

Me, my wife, and her family are going to get together and figure out where we are going to go. I have been investigating Oklahoma because of good prices and can get a bit of land for less than here. Also, it is a pretty red state and just gained Constitutional Carry. So I'm kind of leaning that way. Plus, on the latest tax list of highest and lowest taxed states they come out at #40. So very low tax burden. I know I have to be concerned about tornadoes but I think I'd rather take my chances with them than with the Oregon Super Majority controlled Legislature.

Oklahoma is No. 6 on Guns & Ammo's list of Best States for Gun Owners, so not a bad option. If you don't mind ticks. The tornadoes just mean you need a place with a basement or shelter. And OKC is the home of the 405 (street racers).

So where are you going to go? My wife and I are looking, too.
Going to Ohio where gun rights have stayed relatively steady whereas Oregon is falling off the the cliff into comifornia. Ohio has a Castle doctrine, no background check for private firearm transfers, along with some restrictive laws, but more appealing than Oregon. Property and cost of living are better than Oregon. We considered Texas, Florida for a brief moment, and Arizona. Arizona was ruled out because of no friends or family there. Kiplingers rated Ohio in the middle for retirement plus we like the four seasons there. Best States to Retire 2018: All 50 States Ranked for Retirement

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top