JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's like they are from another world . If this ever comes true the gun sniffing dog business might spike because there is simply no way to enforce that . The clue is in the name .....

It's like they are from another world . If this ever comes true the gun sniffing dog business might spike because there is simply no way to enforce that . The clue is in the name .....
You know how many guns have been confiscated in carry on bags at airport. All that would change from the TSA simply taking your firearm to you spending time in jail and a huge fine. Won't be difficult to enforce at the airport. They better build a bunch more jail beds.

I am sick of this fracken state and am seriously considering moving. Between the taxation bills and this bull crap I think it is insane to stick around. Just look at how bad they have it in CA (and for how long) and now it is becoming the Sh#thole here too.

You know how many guns have been confiscated in carry on bags at airport. All that would change from the TSA simply taking your firearm to you spending time in jail and a huge fine. Won't be difficult to enforce at the airport. They better build a bunch more jail beds.
Yeah the airport . I was thinking of all the other crap in there like state property and such .... but yeah

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2019R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB925/Introduced
SB925
From the Bill:

"Authorizes city, county, metropolitan service district or port operating certain commercial airports to adopt ordinance regulating or prohibiting possession of firearms in public buildings by concealed handgun licensees. Authorizes school district, college or university to adopt policy regulating or prohibiting possession of firearms in public buildings by concealed handgun licensees. Punishes possession of firearm in violation of ordinance or policy by maximum of five years' imprisonment, $125,000 fine, or both. Modifies definition of public building, for purposes of crime of possession of weapon in public building, to include certain airport areas, buildings owned or controlled by state or city agency and real property owned by college or university. Punishes violation by maximum of five years' imprisonment, $125,000 fine, or both. Exempts from prohibition person possessing firearm in certain airport areas when firearm is unloaded and in locked container for purposes of transporting firearm as checked baggage."

Word MAY is used a bit in the bill for if these places want to enforce.

If anyone knows a FRIENDLY legislator, it would be helpful for them to try to put on every gun bill, something like: "The provisions and restrictions in this legislation shall apply also to the security staff assigned to all Oregon legislators and gubernatorial staff, while on duty, whether privately employed or sworn officers". Try to make a big deal about "one rule for you, another rule for us".

I think we should force the politicians to first produce a report on the number of concealed carry crimes. Or how many have been revoked for crimes. Make them prove that concealed carry persons are the danger to society (hint: they are not) that they are claiming we are.

i.e. prove it is a problem worthy of legislative action.

I think we should force the politicians to first produce a report on the number of concealed carry crimes. Or how many have been revoked for crimes. Make them prove that concealed carry persons are the danger to society (hint: they are not) that they are claiming we are.

How do we force that issue? They can throw you out of a legislative session and they can ignore your calls. UNLESS, thousands of people call.

If opeds started showing up in the Oregonian and other local papers with measurable readership demanding this information, it could help. Need to get their attention, and need to make them care.

^^^This was my first thought, folks with CHL's are not the problem... But this is what happens when you have a supermajority in power and that supermajority owes legislation to billionaires who bought their seat for them...

Oregon, it's past time for a rebellion...

How do we force that issue? They can throw you out of a legislative session and they can ignore your calls. UNLESS, thousands of people call.

If opeds started showing up in the Oregonian and other local papers with measurable readership demanding this information, it could help. Need to get their attention, and need to make them care.
Problem is they don't care...

Five years ago Oregonians said no to drivers licenses for illegal immigrants, it was a ballot measure... And a pretty resounding no if I recall correctly... Sure enough, I understand the Legislature is once again set to push through drivers licenses for illegal immigrants... The legislature is out of control and needs to be held accountable...

Just for the record...
They don't care what the people say or want, they will do as they please while they step all over your rights...

There are dozens of good arguments against these silly laws. One of the best is just quoting surveys of massive numbers of police.

Police officers overwhelmingly say it is more important to protect the rights of Americans to own guns than it is to control gun ownership (74% of officers vs. 53% of the public). (Pew Social Trends, January 2017)

When companies like Gallup survey Americans, they poll 1000-2000 people and extrapolate. These two polls were 20,000 and 16,000 cops respectively. That is so much more representative of a million cops than Gallup polls are of 300 Million Americans. So the confidence level is huge.

The National Association of Chiefs of Police polled 20,000 sheriffs and police officers. 76% say that armed citizens help law enforcement reduce violent crime. They are more pro-gun than the general public. This links to their survey results:

https://crimeresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/NACOP-surveyresults-2016.pdf

PoliceOne, an organization of about 380,000 active and 70,000 retired officers, surveyed 16,000 members on the gun control in 2013. 71% say a ban on so-called "assault weapons" would have no effect on violent crime.
20% say it would make crime worse. This is a link to their results
http://ddq74coujkv1i.cloudfront.net/p1_gunsurveysummary_2013.pdf

These are the experts. These are the guys I believe.

It is not hard to
1: verify what I posted by looking for yourself, and
2: download the email addresses of your state legislators and local newspapers and
3: rewrite in your own words and hammer them with this data

I can post more stuff, and already have. Look under dancinghippos. Lots of material for posts on newspaper sites and letters to legislators. They have to see massive numbers though. ONE clear speaking person can be ignored. A thousand, not so much.

The life you save may be your own. Get to it.

Five years ago Oregonians said no to drivers licenses for illegal immigrants, it was a ballot measure... And a pretty resounding no if I recall correctly... Sure enough, I understand the Legislature is once again set to push through drivers licenses for illegal immigrants... The legislature is out of control and needs to be held accountable...

These people justify their silly gun laws by ignoring masses of police who say the laws do no good and pointing to mass shootings as an "emergency".

This is a Washington Post article, showing and naming all 1135 victims of all the mass shootings in the US since 1966:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...-shootings-in-america/?utm_term=.318181bedd91

This is an ICE annual report of the illegal immigrants caught and deported only in 2018, and their list of crimes.
The deportees were convicted of, or had pending charges for 2038 murders, 2085 kidnappings, 50,000 assualts, 80,000 DUI, 76,000 drug offenses, 12,600 burglaries, 23,000 obstruction of justice, 5562 robberies, 12,600 burglaries, 5300 sexual assaults. The numbers are in table 1
https://www.ice.gov/doclib/about/offices/ero/pdf/eroFY2018Report.pdf

There is a similar list for 2017, 2016, ...

Please follow the links, see for yourself, then put into your own words and send off to the legislators and newspaper websites around you.

Last Edited:

Just for the record...
They don't care what the people say or want, they will do as they please while they step all over your rights...

The ODL is on the table again these people are nuts . I'm sick, of this stupidity.

This is exhausting. There was some talk about a coordinated effort. I believe this is bigger than state-wide. (Here lemme adjust this little shiney tin-foil hat). I think the Governors and ruler minions of California, Washington, and Oregon, have every intention of creating a west coast communist block. If they can get illegals and children to vote, they will have what they want. They can cap and trade cow farts, tax evil capitalist small businesses out of existence, prohibit single-family home ownership, and ...where will it stop? In addition to billionaires being in control, I have heard Valerie Jarrett enjoys her visits here with Gov. Kate.

This is exhausting. There was some talk about a coordinated effort. I believe this is bigger than state-wide. (Here lemme adjust this little shiney tin-foil hat). I think the Governors and ruler minions of California, Washington, and Oregon, have every intention of creating a west coast communist block. If they can get illegals and children to vote, they will have what they want. They can cap and trade cow farts, tax evil capitalist small businesses out of existence, prohibit single-family home ownership, and ...where will it stop? In addition to billionaires being in control, I have heard Valerie Jarrett enjoys her visits here with Gov. Kate.

Wouldn't at all surprise me on a collaborative effort from the 3 which use it as competition to see who gets their utopia first. Clearly they aren't happy with controlling the electoral and elections between the 3 now they've gotta go all keeping up with the jones's.

I agree , We are being attacked from every angle. I can't keep up with it and soon won't remember all the laws . In the end we will have 2 choices we can either be a good victim or a criminal.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top