JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Certainly NOT me but, I would NOT be trying to hold my damn phone in one hand as I was trying to fire on the cat and walking backwards all at the same time. Once the cat got that close to me I would be using both hands on the pistol and move at the cat after each shot. If I did miss and it took off that would be fine with me as I would hate to have to kill it. Also do not want it to make a meal out of me though.
Why would you hate to kill it?

Why would you hate to kill it?
Animals like that are just doing what they do. They don't have the ability to think or reason like some 2 legged scum. The cats are beautiful creatures and I would hate to have to shoot one. Given a choice between me being a meal or shoot the thing? I would drop it. Just would hate to have to. Getting soft in old age I guess. :cool:

That is what I was thinking, put the stupid phone down... It is a sad testament to our society when it seems to be more important to film yourself for the whole world to see in order to gain trifling notoriety for a microsecond and more so when that outweighs the need for self-preservation and survival. (Although it is greatly advantageous to governments who wish their populations to be weak, dependent simps that rely on them to keep everyone safe)

Animals like that are just doing what they do. They don't have the ability to think or reason like some 2 legged scum. The cats are beautiful creatures and I would hate to have to shoot one. Given a choice between me being a meal or shoot the thing? I would drop it. Just would hate to have to. Getting soft in old age I guess. :cool:
I guess I'm still hearless. I killed 3 last week and belive I'm doing the deer and elk a favor here in the foothills

Certainly NOT me but, I would NOT be trying to hold my damn phone in one hand as I was trying to fire on the cat and walking backwards all at the same time. Once the cat got that close to me I would be using both hands on the pistol and move at the cat after each shot. If I did miss and it took off that would be fine with me as I would hate to have to kill it. Also do not want it to make a meal out of me though.
He's an amateur, waiting for him to get a Go-Pro then see if he's just a bad shot, even with two hands. :s0140::s0140::s0140:

Smart phones can kill you or save you
You were lucky that you were armed and not alone.
A lesson from this video and your encounter. If you were in the woods alone and had your ear phones on listening to ? You wouldn't had heard it and both cats would have been on top of you. That guy in video was too busy recording that he could have lost his life letting the cat come so close and missing both shots.

A lesson from this video and your encounter. If you were in the woods alone and had your ear phones on listening to ? You wouldn't had heard it and both cats would have been on top of you. That guy in video was too busy recording that he could have lost his life letting the cat come so close and missing both shots.
Yes I agree. I dont understand what he was trying to accomplish with his life on the line. I see guys hunting all the time with ear phones in and just shake my head. You are already putting yourself in somewhat dangerous situation just by being out in the field to take away your sense of hearing or utilizing a phone is just asking for a bad day.

I see guys hunting all the time with ear phones in and just shake my head. You are already putting yourself in somewhat dangerous situation just by being out in the field to take away your sense of hearing or utilizing a phone is just asking for a bad day.
Not just hunters. Walk around the city and see how many completely ignore their surroundings. With head phones/buds stuffed in their ears. As far as I'm concerned anymore, they can be taken out. Before they breed preferably!

"Excuse me, there's a tree falling toward you! Huh?" "SMASH"

Not just hunters. Walk around the city and see how many completely ignore their surroundings. With head phones/buds stuffed in their ears. As far as I'm concerned anymore, they can be taken out. Before they breed preferably!

"Excuse me, there's a tree falling toward you! Huh?" "SMASH"
A LOT of society just wanders around in a complete fog now. Guess because for so long nothing happened to them. :confused:
There are untold hours of people who are not even listening to music, just staring transfixed at a phone who walk off a curb, into a pole, into water, traffic...........and on and on. Best part is many of them when they get hurt hunt for someone to sue.🤬
Years ago another hospital here some guys were running off some scum causing trouble. As they are watching him leave they see a woman walking towards him who worked there. She is staring at her damn phone while the guys were screaming at her to get away from the kook. She walked right into him and he grabs her by the throat. One of the guys had to put kook in a choke hold to make him let go of the woman who is now in complete panic. Some of these people you see wandering around like that I often wonder how the hell they survived "life". Dumb luck I guess. :confused:

A LOT of society just wanders around in a complete fog now. Guess because for so long nothing happened to them. :confused:
There are untold hours of people who are not even listening to music, just staring transfixed at a phone who walk off a curb, into a pole, into water, traffic...........and on and on. Best part is many of them when they get hurt hunt for someone to sue.🤬
Years ago another hospital here some guys were running off some scum causing trouble. As they are watching him leave they see a woman walking towards him who worked there. She is staring at her damn phone while the guys were screaming at her to get away from the kook. She walked right into him and he grabs her by the throat. One of the guys had to put kook in a choke hold to make him let go of the woman who is now in complete panic. Some of these people you see wandering around like that I often wonder how the hell they survived "life". Dumb luck I guess. :confused:
They get big settlements. I know because I get regularly bombarded with lawyer's commercials.

Walk around the city and see how many completely ignore their surroundings.
And then there's this:

"Community members said they feel terrible about Piper's death, but they are also concerned the attack could trigger backlash against the beloved mountain lion, which they do not support.

'The drought means there are less rabbits and other wildlife in the area, so P-22 is looking for food," one resident said. "This is his home and we have to adapt'."

And then there's this:

"Community members said they feel terrible about Piper's death, but they are also concerned the attack could trigger backlash against the beloved mountain lion, which they do not support.

'The drought means there are less rabbits and other wildlife in the area, so P-22 is looking for food," one resident said. "This is his home and we have to adapt'."
When people choose to live in places like that they have to be aware. That is a problem though when the cat is getting that comfortable getting that close to humans. The cat only sees anything made of meat as either food or something to fear. Next time he may see the walker as food.

I would have killed the Cougar or emptied the magazine trying. I've never been in fear for my life but it was an easy shot, and he may have saved someone else's life in doing so.

By "Cougar encounter in the woods", I was thinking of something more like this.

1669160128857.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads