JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a holster (or two) that are OWB, that hook or clamp to a belt, that have an inch or so standoff away from the body. Sort of like a duty holster you see the police or sheriff's deputy wear.

I'm probably not describing this well but I hope someone understands the type holster I am looking for.

Thanks for any input.

Get a Safariland 7371, pretty much meets what you're describing.

It has ALS retention (thumb switch) and you can use either a paddle or belt loop.

I don't open carry but this is the holster I would use. Throw a jacket on and it all but disappears.

Safariland ALS holster and your choice of mounting options...

1) Safariland mounts - Look at their holster attachment options. They have various UBL (universal belt loops) that offer a variety of different levels of drop. Some allow for adjustable CANT. And you can pair the holster and belt mount up with their QLS (Quick Lock System) for quick on and off. You can also opt to mount the holster on a thigh rig...but if you go that route, see below...

2) G Code - They also offer a wide variety of drop mounts w/their own quick mount system (Called RTI wheel). And they also have their "Mule" rig which is a thigh rig but with a much shorter down strap so the holster does sit down at your knee...the vast majority of people who wear thigh rigs, wear them entirely too low. A thigh rig should be just low enough to clear body armor and NO LOWER. Because the further down the leg you go, the slower your draw and the more unstable the holster becomes when you run. The Mule rig helps solve this problem. G Code also has a nice drop belt mount that has an integrated thigh strap...which helps stabilize the rig when you run and makes sure the bottom of the holster doesn't raise up on your draw.

Note that the Safariland holster works with all of G Codes mounts. You just need to make sure you grab the right adapter. And any of these mounts, in conjunction with either Safariland's or G Code's quick attach system will give you the offset you are looking for. G Code's quick attach is called the RTI Wheel.

Spend some time looking at this stuff...cause there are a lot of options...and then ask questions where you have them. Also note that that if you pickup an ALS holster (they're awesome), spend the $25-ish extra and get a "nub mod" from "OT Defense." Just google "nub mod OT defense" and it will come up. It's well worth the $25.

G Code also has a holster with a rotating hood but nothing like the ALS feature that Safariland has. But it's a great holster for a lot less money if you didn't want to spend for the ALS.

My L2 Blackhawk Sportster model. Was, may still be on sale at SW's for like $25ish :s0092:
Talk about quick draw:s0151::s0094::s0069:

20240209_105032.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews