JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That cougar wasn't looking for a meal, if it was he would have not seen it coming.

It was mad, very mad at him for some reason. The flat ears before the bluff charge and the side stepping to make it look bigger was fighting behavior. What did this guy do before the video started to piss it off?
Maybe she had babies close by

My thoughts exactly when I saw this the other day.
That cougar wasn't looking for a meal, if it was he would have not seen it coming.

It was mad, very mad at him for some reason. The flat ears before the bluff charge and the side stepping to make it look bigger was fighting behavior. What did this guy do before the video started to piss it off?

My thoughts exactly when I saw this the other day.
I live in South Carolina. We have alligators here. A lot of them actually like 100K+.. South Carolina didnt have an Alligator caused fatality for 300 years until 5 or 6 years ago and there have been 4 since then.

Cell phones.

PXL_20220430_184040191.MP.jpg

Last Edited:

He was obviously wearing a red dress.

The whole time I was expecting him to trip over that scrub brush and fall backwards making the Cougar's job easier.

I guess the cell video was mostly so when they found the scraps of his body, they could identify who he was and play it back and see exactly how he died. Kind of like wearing a helmet while skydiving or putting your flotation device on when the plane is crashing into the sea. It's mostly to identify the body.

I don't think it was cellphone video, more like bodycam or go pro. Fairly steady for walking backwards holding a phone. And after the second shot, it sounds like he racks the slide? Hard to say, cause after the second viewing IG wanted me to login to see it again.

Either way, my first shot would have been a lot earlier.

Great video on exactly what not to when threatened by a mountain lion.

If you've got "Mr. Whiskers" coming in on you at that range, put your damn phone down as that is a "both hands on your firearm" problem. It's even worse if he was using a body cam. What the hell is his other hand doing?

Secondly, if "Mittens" is that close, you should be launching rounds at him...RIGHT DAMN NOW! If not directly at him, at least put a couple next to him.

Dude is lucky he escaped unharmed. :rolleyes:

Damn cat was certainly sizing him up for dinner. As many have mentioned the damn fool should have put the phone away first. You can tell from his breathing he is in panic mode. Backing away was just making the cat come for him. He is damn lucky it did not charge, he would have been dinner. If someone does not want to kill the cat? I can see that. Put the damn phone down, fire a warning shot and MOVE AT the cat. If the cat does not take the hint, drill it. If it was me I would HATE to kill the creature but I would NEVER have let it get that close to me since it was certainly looking at him as a meal.
It is a good lesson for the "I will not own a gun" crowd. Ask them so "you going to call 911 when this happens?"

Wonder if he interrupted a meal, or there was youngsters around? Damn guy should never have let the cat get that close in any case.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top