JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be attending on February 9th?

• Yes! Protecting our rights is of the utmost importance.

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • No. But I will be contributing to the event's fundraiser.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I can't make it.

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • No. It's not worth my time.

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Chew on this a bit

If Oregon governor quits amid scandal, is gun control derailed?

Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber, who testified last year in support of expanded background check legislation and has backed other gun control proposals, has been called upon to resign by the Portland Oregonian, the newspaper that backed his re-election.

<broken link removed>

Check the other thread on this, but I don't see how replacing Kitz with Kate Brown would help us in any way. She's probably more nuts about anti-gun legislation than lame duck Kitzhaber himself. I'm just bummed that so many voters chose to put this piece of political trash in office, yet again, rather than choose someone who would represent the whole state, not just Multnomah and Washington counties.

Check the other thread on this, but I don't see how replacing Kitz with Kate Brown would help us in any way. She's probably more nuts about anti-gun legislation than lame duck Kitzhaber himself. I'm just bummed that so many voters chose to put this piece of political trash in office, yet again, rather than choose someone who would represent the whole state, not just Multnomah and Washington counties.

Alas, that's where the Libs believe the "whole state" lives..at least the part that counts.

All I'm suggesting is that this flap could really give the Dems fits. Don't think for a heartbeat that the Oregonian is going to let this one get away.

Alas, that's where the Libs believe the "whole state" lives..at least the part that counts.

All I'm suggesting is that this flap could really give the Dems fits. Don't think for a heartbeat that the Oregonian is going to let this one get away.

Too bad for us that they didn't take this stand before the election. What does this really do now except to piss off the 49% of voters that lost a chance to get their candidate in place. The Oregonian owes us all a huge apology for coming into this game so late - they backed him and helped to get him elected. Maybe they could take a lesson from Willamette Week - they broke their story before the election.

I think the Oregonian is going to get a letter from me :mad:

So what is the projection of how many of us will be there and how are those numbers reached ?
Hope Apathy does not rule as it did in the WA election. Lets pray Oregonians have learned something by watching the state of affairs up north. Guess we will see on Monday.
I think the turnout will show the future for what we will have shoved down our throats, or the attempt to do so..
For one day, I would think every gun owner would or should have the commitment to take a day off from everything else, including work and recreation and even family to make a statement that would stick on the craw of every leftist lib in the state...... but will it................... .
I do sure commend and thank a few Washingtonians that are taking the time and expense to support us all down here.
Wish the in state gun owners would have half that drive and feeling of commitment.
Will "gun owners" just be a history lesson in the future. May God forbid that day comes due to apathy.

Too bad for us that they didn't take this stand before the election. What does this really do now except to piss off the 49% of voters that lost a chance to get their candidate in place. The Oregonian owes us all a huge apology for coming into this game so late - they backed him and helped to get him elected. Maybe they could take a lesson from Willamette Week - they broke their story before the election.

I think the Oregonian is going to get a letter from me :mad:

They don't really give a damn. They are about to become a museum item anyway, just like the Oregon Journal did years ago. The only people that really read it are the libs anymore and the Paperfishwrapper is being replaced by the net.

Scanned the face book page. I will not be attending. Tired of "Guns for Jesus" rallies.

Do you honestly think the people going are hoping to push a religious agenda? Would you rather those of faith keep their mouths shut? Really? And I thought you were for the 1st Amendment too. Honestly, that's a bit of a poor reason not too go. I have no expectation someone will be trying to win you to the Lord at this rally. This is about rights, not fretting because some see their rights and their faith tied together.

Do you honestly think the people going are hoping to push a religious agenda? Would you rather those of faith keep their mouths shut? Really? And I thought you were for the 1st Amendment too. Honestly, that's a bit of a poor reason not too go. I have no expectation someone will be trying to win you to the Lord at this rally. This is about rights, not fretting because some see their rights and their faith tied together.
It doesn't have anything to do with what I think. It has been the norm. The inability of the organizers and the attendees to stay on message and not alienate a large portion of potential supporters because they cannot separate their religion from anything else is not my issue.

6 people on the poll said it would be a waste of their time, guess you make it 7....
Many in WASHINGTON did not show for the I Will not Comply rally because they feared they would be implicated in an unlawful handling of a firearm, Just by being there!!!!!
God forbid another law abiding American gun owner who happens to be Christian is there to rub elbows! !!!!

6 people on the poll said it would be a waste of their time, guess you make it 7....
Many in WASHINGTON did not show for the I Will not Comply rally because they feared they would be implicated in an unlawful handling of a firearm, Just by being there!!!!!
God forbid another law abiding American gun owner who happens to be Christian is there to rub elbows! !!!!
Go right ahead and feel the need to turn it into a prayer service if you like, but don't bubblegum when those of us that don't want to attend a prayer service decline the invitation

Then why don't any patriotic atheist, or even the Pink Pistols organize and run a pro-2A rally and run it they way they want it run? Hell, I'd attend it regardless of my differences in other areas of ideology & philosophy. Maintaining the 2A is BIGGER than all the other annoyances that people do.

C'mon!! o_O

Then why don't any patriotic atheist, or even the Pink Pistols organize and run a pro-2A rally and run it they way they want it run? Hell, I'd attend it regardless of my differences in other areas of ideology & philosophy. Maintaining the 2A is BIGGER than all the other annoyances that people do.

C'mon!! o_O
Rationalizing poor choices and an inability to stay on message doesn't change the results. Good luck with the turnout. I hope it is FAR better than the last two.

Rationalizing poor choices and an inability to stay on message doesn't change the results. Good luck with the turnout. I hope it is FAR better than the last two.
I don't get it. Are you illiterate? Have you been in a cave and not read a single thread about who is pulling the permits and doing the heavy lifting for this rally?

Choosing to ignore the facts and then later acting indignant about it sounds rather childish. Makes me wonder if you're really serious about fighting for our rights or just someone that likes to complain.

Urging people to obey the law at the rally is not being timid. It is simply common sense.

Telling people that they don't have to obey current laws, don't need to have a CHL in order to carry concealed, or can carry a loaded firearm in the capital without having a CHL, are all very bad advice.

Open carry is not against the law and is a right granted and protected by the constitution. Your post is invalid.

It doesn't have anything to do with what I think. It has been the norm. The inability of the organizers and the attendees to stay on message and not alienate a large portion of potential supporters because they cannot separate their religion from anything else is not my issue.

So unless it goes exactly your way and everyone hates Jesus then you take your ball and run......
ok............. Never thought you were that narrow, but considering..... guess I was wrong.
Regardless of who does what it is still a pro gun pro 2nd rally. To be honest, you of all should know the ramifications of what you are doing and projecting. Hell I might just revert back to my old way of thinking about things like people's lifestyles again then. What the hell... I thought you let people believe what they wanted...
Wrong again.....................:/\/:mad:
Guess its only for certain agendas........ Not applicable to Pro gun and Pro 2nd huh ????????
Now I am thinking that I should be thinking a little religion might do ya some good. ??????
*%*#@@(&(%
Yep Oregon is about liberal doomed for sure :( :s0007::s0008::s0008::s0008::s0118:

What prayer breakfast? You can be like Obama & pretend not to know that others are praying.....

Did you not learn how to pick and choose the good fruit from the orchard as a youngster. Wow you missed out on one of life's most important lessons, but who am I to pity you? Done with you L.P.

Go right ahead and feel the need to turn it into a prayer service if you like, but don't bubblegum when those of us that don't want to attend a prayer service decline the invitation

But which is more important to you PlayboyPenguin? The gun rights of Oregonians, or your own sensibilities?

Can you not hold your nose for just awhile, for the sake of the former??

Heck, I certainly don't like all of the people on this website. One person even recently sent me a private message wishing me death and poverty. But just because there are some nutcakes here, is not going to stop me from visiting this website.

Last Edited:
They are a joke.. And you all point the finger of blame and say we ALL act like that? bubblegum you.

No one here ever said anything even remotely like that. You are putting words into the mouths of people that were never said in this discussion. That is a classic Straw Man argument on your part. That is a most disingenuous thing for you to do.

Why are you trying to derail this discussion like this? The important thing is this: Are you going to attend the Rally?

Yes, or No??

Scanned the face book page. I will not be attending. Tired of "Guns for Jesus" rallies.

I still don't get where you're getting that information. I've spent some time scanning their Facebook page too. Not a single mention of Jesus, Christianity or the Bible and only 2 mentions of God, used in the phrase "God given rights". I just don't see how that translates into a religious overtone for the event.

Freedom Works Oregon
Oregon Council on Firearm Rights
Heirs of Patrick Henry Northwest (organizers)
Oregon Firearms Federation

These are some of the groups promoting and participating. I don't see a religious link with any of them. OFF is probably our #1 line of defense in this state. Their director, Kevin Starrett, is on the list of speakers. I don't expect him to go all religious on the group.

Heck, until you brought it up, this thread had no content related to religion and this rally. I'm sorry if you're offended that some folks in the past may have expressed themselves and their religious opinions, ruining your otherwise perfect rally, but come one Playboy, are our rights not worth more than your distaste for someone else's religious beliefs? Do you go about your day looking for places to hang out, do business with, eat or people to talk to solely based on whether someone may pray in your presence? I don't get it. Our rights are under attack in a way we've not seen here before, and you're going to nitpick over other folks personal beliefs. I wonder, what's really important to you?

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads